Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I can't wait to get back to Disney World. Lol No joke I seriously suggested it to my fiancee for our honeymoon. Obviously it was shot down. I've been to the whole park once, but Magic Kingdom twice. Still never got over to Universal sadly. The coaster fiend in me hates me for that every day. I lived in Orlando (Winter Park) for two years when I was in college. But given my budget, those places weren't really in the cards. It's awesome even for adults. Downtown DIsney and City Walk are fantastic. My college graduation was at the Hard Rock Cafe there. The whole place really is a spectacle. I feel like everyone should go at least once.

i think what he said was that the idiot driver only cleared off his front corner of his windshield and didn't realize that the snow would create very hazardous problems for the drivers around him...

but i can't be sure.... particularly because everyone here is being silent on the matter

I can't wait to get back to Disney World. Lol No joke I seriously suggested it to my fiancee for our honeymoon. Obviously it was shot down. I've been to the whole park once, but Magic Kingdom twice. Still never got over to Universal sadly. The coaster fiend in me hates me for that every day. I lived in Orlando (Winter Park) for two years when I was in college. But given my budget, those places weren't really in the cards. It's awesome even for adults. Downtown DIsney and City Walk are fantastic. My college graduation was at the Hard Rock Cafe there. The whole place really is a spectacle. I feel like everyone should go at least once.

Downtown Disney is getting a major makover. Pleasue Island is pretty much shut down.

I knew I set myself up for that response, LOL. They're like looking for a 4 leaf clover (or perhaps a unicorn). I sifted through the field and think I finally found one. However, NO TEQUILA ALLOWED.

They're born crazy

MrsGoon is my perfect woman.  In many ways that I cannot post here, and she is starting to play video games with me - here recently even when I'm not home.  She's an amazing mother, wife, friend, and my best friend.

She is a rare find.  Puerto Rican / Dominican and zero, ZERO psycho streaks.  A little jealous at times, a clean freak, but those aren't negatives in my book.

In meeting some of her family - definitely a genetic defect that she is perfect for me.  (LOL)

I definitely outkicked my coverage (to steal others phrasing on the matter).

They're born crazy

church.

MrsGoon is my perfect woman.  In many ways that I cannot post here, and she is starting to play video games with me - here recently even when I'm not home.  She's an amazing mother, wife, friend, and my best friend.

She is a rare find.  Puerto Rican / Dominican and zero, ZERO psycho streaks.  A little jealous at times, a clean freak, but those aren't negatives in my book.

sounds like you won, Goon.  nice job, bro.  good women are hard to find...like seriously lol

It's like thinking you have a tame lion, and ending up like Roy from Siegfried & Roy, eh?

In my family its like having the Devil gene from Tekken . It lays dormant until the late teens, early 20's, and then all of a sudden they turn purple and wings burst out of their back, and they hit you with 50% xp lightning uppercut.

I actually do think there is more to that, since I myself am bipolar. At least mine is checked though. My aunt (mothers sister) is probably the craziest. Spent  too long clubbing and drinking and then couldn't the fact that she wasn't wife material. Incredibly paranoid.

In my family its like having the Devil gene from Tekken . It lays dormant until the late teens, early 20's, and then all of a sudden they turn purple and wings burst out of their back, and they hit you with 50% xp lightning uppercut.

I actually do think there is more to that, since I myself am bipolar. At least mine is checked though. My aunt (mothers sister) is probably the craziest. Spent  too long clubbing and drinking and then couldn't the fact that she wasn't wife material. Incredibly paranoid.

I just need to take a second and gleefully applaud your use of a Tekken reference :)

I used to run the effin table in Tekken. Only fighting game I ever got to like real confident status. And yes, I'm talking before and after Eddie Gordo.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/20/boy-reincarnated-woman-chicago-fire_n_6715128.html?cps=gravity_2692_-3237553535260101683

A 5-year-old is convinced he was once a woman who died in a fire in Chicago. I believe every word.

You hear a lot of stories like that. Another famous one is a boy who believed he died on the Titanic. His parents even brought him to a museum with some artifacts from the wreckage and he broke down.

Can't say that I believe in reincarnation (though i try to keep a reasonably open mind about things) but it does raise some questions about what could cause such behavior

I just need to take a second and gleefully applaud your use of a Tekken reference :)

I used to run the effin table in Tekken. Only fighting game I ever got to like real confident status. And yes, I'm talking before and after Eddie Gordo.

Bryan Fury was my best guy. It started to get a little ridiculous around Tekken 4 though, and i fell off slightly, coming back for Teken 5: Dark Resurrection and falling off again because of being pissed at Tekken 6's Arcade Mode.

Yoshimitsu and Fury were my road dogs though. I was nearly unbeatable with them. Gordo was ridiculously hard though, depending on who was using him. I was pissed when he got introduced. You never knew where his attacks were coming from because his moves were so unorthodox.

But I am with you. Tekken and DOA are/were the only fighting games i can ever say i was the **** at. Street Fighter, MK, Virtua Fighter, Marvel v Capcom.... you could easily whoop my ass

I was good at Virtua Fighter and the Fight Night games, but yeah, very casual MK/Street Fighter player. Would be happy I could beat the computer on easy, much less some black belt on the controller getting me with one Sub Zero freeze, then hitting me with a Killer Instinct style combo.

Which reminds me, I could reel off the combos in Killer Instinct. What an incredible game. I was either Thunder or Fulgore. Their sliding punches to start off combos were money.

I got pretty good at Soul Caliber too. Good or not though, I love that series.

I always loved Yoshimitsu's combos. I always loved Law and Lei. Law has quick strikes and the ability to keep you at a distance. Lei always had great fluid combos that could take your opponent completely across the screen. Since most of the time Eddie was the button masher's dream you could typically get past him with properly timed blocking. Since most of his attacks came in bunches. Don't let him get you with those leg hits because once you're off your feet he's got you.

I've apparently lost any and all of my Fight Night chops. I used to actually be halfway decent. I found FN: Champion on the 360 Marketplace for $20 like two weeks ago and picked it up. I'm TERRIBLE. I can't plot my punches and combos anymore. But one thing I will say about that game in particular is that I love how EA Sports got a little edgy. F Bombs, main character boxing in prison, etc. Really went with a gritty angle and I like it.

I'm a Nightmare in Fight Night. Would crush people online.

The decline of boxings popularity probably has a lot to do with it. Cats just don't understand the sweet science, and they try to play it like an arcade game.

Meanwhile, I understand virtually every fight style, and can alter my game with each fighter.

Used to love playing the kids. One was talking mad ****. Kept wailing away and i just kept moving and  dodging every shot. Then he started to goad me into fighting him standing still by shouting "Stop running". So i stopped, timed his hooked dodged it, and wrecked his life. There wasn't even a count lol. Ref was like "Nope, I think this man's dead."

I love beating up and **** talking kids. They may be able to bully their parents and teachers, but I'm a grown ass man, son. I know how to find a weak spot, and make it hurt.

I probably posted about it in here lol

You hear a lot of stories like that. Another famous one is a boy who believed he died on the Titanic. His parents even brought him to a museum with some artifacts from the wreckage and he broke down.

Can't say that I believe in reincarnation (though i try to keep a reasonably open mind about things) but it does raise some questions about what could cause such behavior

I do, I saw the movie "Audrey Rose" as a kid (Anthony Hopkins was her therapist, more like one for the parents) and as a PK, I've tried to be super open-minded about spirituality.

Don't you ever feel like you know something, but don't know where, when, or how you learned that?

It's strange how the the brain doesn't register a second 'the' when written next to another 'the'.

*stolen from reddit

I was gonna say...did I commit some terrible syntax error? :blink:

Like I said in the COD thread, I'm pretty bad at multiplayer or person vs person in most games. One of my favorite games growing up was Command & Conquer, I'd play 5 hour sessions of it when new ones would come out. Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2, Generals...damn they all blew me away. I still play them from time to time.

Multiplayer though, I'd get blitzkrieged Poland style. I couldn't believe the way those cats could rip through all that strategizing, and it was so incredibly different than the way single player cpu played. I must've tried multiplayer around 20 times and never won a game.

COD is the only multiplayer game I really ever excelled at. I treat that as a science, where you get in such a groove that you feel alot more aware and faster than most people playing. I almost felt bad before games would start, because I'd scout the other player's statistics, and if they were all like 1.20 ratio or lower, with an average looking score per minute, I knew it was hurricane stroker about hit the map in a second.

I was never a huge fan of fighting games, TBH. Liked "beat 'em up" games a lot more. Double Dragon, River City Ransom, TMNT the Arcade Game, Streets of Rage (2). Killer Instinct is probably my favorite fighting game ever.

Archived