Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

We had normal office hours today.  Which is what I want, because when they put a 2 hour delay or close the office, the remote associates still have to work the entire day, and hold the fort down.  

Basically, our every day work load/responsibilities gets put on hold and we are allocated to different tasks to stay functional.  Then everything gets further behind the next day when all the snow/ice is gone.  

Officially hating myself for opening the spider thread in the Tailgate...OH MY GOD.

Yep, me to.  

ES family...is this real life?!

I just read an article saying that Maelstrom (Norway ride) in Epcot is being shutdown and replaced by a Frozen-themed ride?! What a ****ing tragedy, Maelstrom was one of the greatest rides in Disney World. Son of a ****

some viking needs to "let it go" all over Elsa's ice castle. **** Disney World.

I just read an article saying that Maelstrom (Norway ride) in Epcot is being shutdown and replaced by a Frozen-themed ride?! What a ****ing tragedy, Maelstrom was one of the greatest rides in Disney World. Son of a ****

It's already been shut down. Shut it down in Oct 2014. Frankly, the ride was pretty cheesy (and I'm of Nordic descent). It also made zero sense. You go up a hill in the boat. And there's a light shinning on you. But nobody seems to realize it's light from the Eye of Odin. Who most people don't know about. Then you see some trolls...which they don't tell you anything about. Then you see some polar bears....and then finally an oil rig. And the ride doesn't educate you about any of it.  But it was a great break from the Sun. My wife and I own disney timeshare, so were are there frequently with our kids. At the end of the ride, there was a movie you could watch about Norway. Or you could just walk through the theatre and leave. Which I always did. I made it my disney mission to NEVER sit through the tourism movie. I don't know why. Just spite I guess. Looks like I never will see it.

Dude?! The baby drop, the dragon, the water. Maybe it's the 7 year old in me talking, but that **** was classic. Really subtle, but Fun. And we always watched the movie afterwards lol.

****, I used to look forward to the Mexico ride lol. RIP Maelstrom :( :(

It stinks, but Frozen = mucho $$$  It's on its way to being a 1 billion dollar franchise annually (not including box office - which topped a billion back in May 2014) and is on the top 5 list of Disney money makers.

1.  Micky Mouse - 4 billion/yr

2. Disney princesses (Cinderella, Jasmine, Mulan, Snow White, etc.) - 4 billion/yr

3. Cars and Pooh - each 2 billion/yr

4. Toy Story - 1 billion/yr

5.  Frozen - 500 million - 1 billion in the year (article I read was dated back in May 2014)

I'm sick of it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't jump to the #3 or #2 spot in future years.  

Dude?! The baby drop, the dragon, the water. Maybe it's the 7 year old in me talking, but that **** was classic. Really subtle, but Fun. And we always watched the movie afterwards lol.

****, I used to look forward to the Mexico ride lol. RIP Maelstrom :( :(

the only dragon is the dragon head on the boat. :) I'm not saying I hate the Maelstrom....but it's time has come and gone. The best part about the norway pavillion is the girls.

Each time we go, i try to do something new that we haven't done before. This past time it was eatting in the Moroccan restaurant there. That was neat.

I like the mexico pavillion. But that ride sucks donkey.

disney is putting in an Avatar area into Animal Kingdom. Which seems odd considering it was 1 movie. And it was mediocre. I know more movies are planned. It just doesn't seem like Disney.

Never been to Disney, never wanted to.

It's fun, even for adults.  I've been five times (age 3, 12, 22 - honeymoon, 31, 36).  I had a real blast taking Tazette (the last time we went), she was 4 and loved it.  Wish we had waited until she was 5, cause she was only tall enough to ride half of the stuff (and she's 95th percentile in height for her age).  

If you go with adults, Epcot is fun to hang out, drink, eat at.  Downtown Disney has some good places to eat, clubs, pubs, etc.

We got a Disney credit card right after we got married, so we accumulate disney bucks over time, last two times we went, the hotel, park passes and 3-4 of our meals were paid for cause we had all the bucks saved up.  Only had to pay for some meals and transportation.

Had a 2 hr delay today. 

So on the drive in, there is this car where literally the ONLY spot some of the snow was cleared off was the front-driver side windshield. Even the back window was completely covered. Stayed far away from his dumbass.

i just read that 4 times... and have no idea what you said.

It's fun, even for adults.  I've been five times (age 3, 12, 22 - honeymoon, 31, 36).  I had a real blast taking Tazette (the last time we went), she was 4 and loved it.  Wish we had waited until she was 5, cause she was only tall enough to ride half of the stuff (and she's 95th percentile in height for her age).  

If you go with adults, Epcot is fun to hang out, drink, eat at.  Downtown Disney has some good places to eat, clubs, pubs, etc.

We got a Disney credit card right after we got married, so we accumulate disney bucks over time, last two times we went, the hotel, park passes and 3-4 of our meals were paid for cause we had all the bucks saved up.  Only had to pay for some meals and transportation.

That sounds like a plan.

May have to do this.

Archived