Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Am I the only one who had a baby who wasn't up all night? Even from the day we brought her home from the hospital, she got up 1x during the night. By the time my wife's maternity leave ended (6 weeks), the baby was sleeping through the night.

I wasn't.  Wife woke her up in the hospital to feed her twice in the middle of the night.  When we got her home, she was very systematic, wanted food basically on the hour every 3 hours.  I'd do the 9pm feeding, wife would go to bed at 8pm.  I'd do the 12am feeding, then I'd go to bed.  Wife would wake up with her for the 3am, go back to bed, then wake up for the 6am feeding during the week.

On weekends, same routine except I'd do more feedings during the day each day to give her a break.  But I would sleep in every Saturday, then be on duty when I woke up until midnight.  Wife would catch the 3am feeding, then I'd catch the 6am one Sundays and let the wife sleep in as late as she wanted.

I want to say Tazette dropped her 3am feeding pretty early (not sure when, thus the edit), and would sleep from 11/midnight until 6-6:30 am from then on out.  

Our ped told us it was OK to start him on solids, oatmeal and other baby foods and the like. He's about to be 5 months old. He's also sleeping through the night on most nights.

Little ****er likes to play this **** where he wakes up about 15 minutes after way lay him down for the night lately though. Then we have to go hang with him for a little while longer.

I wasn't.  Wife woke her up in the hospital to feed her twice in the middle of the night.  When we got her home, she was very systematic, wanted food basically on the hour every 3 hours.  I'd do the 9pm feeding, wife would go to bed at 8pm.  I'd do the 12am feeding, then I'd go to bed.  Wife would wake up with her for the 3am, go back to bed, then wake up for the 6am feeding during the week.

On weekends, same routine except I'd do more feedings during the day each day to give her a break.  But I would sleep in every Saturday, then be on duty when I woke up until midnight.  Wife would catch the 3am feeding, then I'd catch the 6am one Sundays and let the wife sleep in as late as she wanted.

I want to say Tazette dropped her 3am feeding pretty early (not sure when, thus the edit), and would sleep from 11/midnight until 6-6:30 am from then on out.  

That's a good system. Allows both parents to get a reasonable amount of sleep. And prevents conflict.

Man, I remember as Tazette got older, still in a crib, still had to take naps.  I'd rock her in the glider chair we had in her room.  Then when she fell asleep, you had to Tom Cruise Mission Impossible her into the crib, cover with blanket, sneak out undetected, close the door, the baby gate at the top of the stairs, make it down the stairs.

As soon as you were down, sitting comfortably, beer cracked open, boob tube turned on to a ball game/show/movie........."Daddy!" through the baby monitor.........

Mission Failed!

Man, I remember as Tazette got older, still in a crib, still had to take naps.  I'd rock her in the glider chair we had in her room.  Then when she fell asleep, you had to Tom Cruise Mission Impossible her into the crib, cover with blanket, sneak out undetected, close the door, the baby gate at the top of the stairs, make it down the stairs.

As soon as you were down, sitting comfortably, beer cracked open, boob tube turned on to a ball game/show/movie........."Daddy!" through the baby monitor.........

Mission Failed!

As well as my daughter slept at night. Naps were a no go. 10 minutes would fully recharge her battery.

My other daughter? She'd nap for 6 hours if we let her.

now it's "keep the baby on formula for 18 months" as if the Dr's are getting kickbacks from Enfamil or other formula makers. I was on rice cereal by the time I was 3 months. My mom said I was always hungry. That's the only thing that would fill me.

Same with me. But back then mothers went on instincts and didn't rely on the internet, quacks or self help books.

My brother!  Lil Enforcette was the same way when she was a bit younger!  Now, she's pretty good - as long as we keep to the routine.

If for example, we don't read exactly 3 stories, she sends a burning stare that shines w/ the power of 1000 suns or yells, "No. More Book", lol.

I thought we were talking about weed and beer?  

But I don't get that either.  There is a lesbian couple I know fairly well, they both are the same.  One doesn't act like a girly girl and the other a man.  Now when they got married, I saw a picture and one did dress up in a tux, the other wore a skirt/dress (not traditional wedding dress) and the one wearing the tux took the others last name.

But yeah, if you are a man attracted to men, why would you want the man acting like a woman.

That is why this is the RTT. Never met two lipsticks together. One of my really good friends wife is slightly butch, she's cool as hell, but they are not similar in that way. That is typically what I see too. The same thing applies though to me...if she is attracted to masculine features...ehh. I don't get it. Another female couple I know is girly...yet rock star type of persona.

Eh, think it's beyond reasoning. They just want a flamboyant dude like I want a quiet latina. It turns 'em on so, whatever. Do your thang.

Quiet women do not exist for very long (all that shyness goes away when comfortable, same goes for shy guys). I agree with your take, I just don't get it. If I was into women with a Mohawk and tats, I certainly wouldn't be looking for a woman with really short hair without any tats. It's an odd attraction to me.

So Dez Ray Riced his chick?

It's going to happen to one of our favorites sometime soon. Prepare yourselves. Gonna be like Almo or Kerrigan or some **** too.

Let's hope not...I really liked Rice in college. Thought he played like a boss. NFL he was pretty solid. Better than many.

I've been confused about gay men that date feminine men for years. I really don't get it. I guess I should ask some of the gay folks that I know or KB13. I just don't want to offend anyone with my ignorance on the topic.

I asked my wife, some of my family and closer friends...they don't know either.

Seems to me that it's just a matter of preference of lifestyle and personality. I'm straight, I dig on certain personality and looks in a girl. I don't see how it would be any different for a dude who's into other dudes. I think it's just a little more apparent because I'm not gay. Trying to get what's in my head here into type lol bear with me. Like, I know some guys that like girls who are "Tomboys" and some guys that like very feminine and flambouyant chicks. I think those traits come off differently to a straight person because of the way that they're initially looking at them. The same way that some chicks dig on super sensitive dudes, and some dig on super macho dudes. Because of the possibility of attraction, I think we're blinded to the way that those behaviors are perceived by others that would never be attracted to them because they're gay. In summary I'm saying that I think the answer to that question is that the perception of that behavior is what makes all the difference. Hope that made sense.

Quiet women do not exist for very long (all that shyness goes away when comfortable, same goes for shy guys). I agree with your take, I just don't get it. If I was into women with a Mohawk and tats, I certainly wouldn't be looking for a woman with really short hair without any tats. It's an odd attraction to me.

The idea is frequency and volume. Sure, almost everyone will rattle off at the mouth at some point, but being outgoing all the time is a black flag for me.

That is why this is the RTT. Never met two lipsticks together. One of my really good friends wife is slightly butch, she's cool as hell, but they are not similar in that way. That is typically what I see too. The same thing applies though to me...if she is attracted to masculine features...ehh. I don't get it. Another female couple I know is girly...yet rock star type of persona.

I think the old "Opposites attract" thing comes into play there as well. If a gay man or woman is more "Butch", maybe he/she is just looking for a little more femininity.

I don' t think its quite the same. When i say I like tomboys, it has more to do with interests, recreational activity, and come with less drama and needy attention whoring. And toughness. When i see a gay guy that may be fruity, its basically everything about them that is feminine, from personality, to mannerisms, to their voice, the way they walk, etc

Saying that a straight guy would refer a woman the opposite of that, is basically saying they would enjoy getting with a butch lesbian, which i would not. I'm cool with some, but I would never ever be attracted to them sexually, because they are basically men in a womans body. Thats not what a tomboy is

I don' t think its quite the same. When i say I like tomboys, it has more to do with interests, recreational activity, and come with less drama and needy attention whoring. And toughness. When i see a gay guy that may be fruity, its basically everything about them that is feminine, from personality, to mannerisms, to their voice, the way they walk, etc

Saying that a straight guy would refer a woman the opposite of that, is basically saying they would enjoy getting with a butch lesbian, which i would not. I'm cool with some, but I would never ever be attracted to them sexually, because they are basically men in a womans body. Thats not what a tomboy is

But what I'm saying is, you're attracted to those things, therefore you perceive them in a different way. You value those qualities in a way that's different than others. Since you're straight, if it's a dude, you have no attraction to them whatsoever. Therefore you're going to perceive their mannerisms in a different way. You might be a little quicker to notice some things because of the way they hit you.

If you meet a girl that you're not attracted to in the slightest, the way that you perceive her mannerisms is going to be a lot different than someone that you are. But at the same time, that girl may be everything your buddy is looking for. So his perception of those qualities will be one that you don't quite understand.

I think the issue is that this is something that would be almost impossible to understand on any level further than just an observational one. Like you understand that it exists, and you understand the what, but you'll never understand the why because it's not something that you'll ever experience. You'll understand through empathy. But it would be impossible to understand it any further. And I'm not saying just you, I'm saying in general.

Archived