Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Makes no sense man.  He can fix and coach the heck out of a defense..........he cannot do **** with QBs.........Bills need a new QB, I'm not thinking my boy EJ is the answer there.  

Problem with Ryan to me is his patience. Love him or hate him, Sanchez was the guy they needed to build around and Ryan sent him packing. I think he gave up too quickly with him.

I would rather have the Dick LeBeau  or the Tom Moore (former indy oc) type career. That is indeed job security. Not in Pittsburgh however.

I always thought John Fox was overrated.

Why so?  I've always thought he was a good coach.  He went to the NFC championship twice and one Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme, who was not a spectacular QB by any means.  Then you saw what he could do in Denver with a future HOF QB at the helm.

He inherited a horrible 1-15 team from Siefert in 2002.  He never had back to back losing seasons in his Panther tenure (considering 8-8 is .500).  His only flaw was he married himself to Jake Delhomme when he should have let go after that horrible playoff game against the Cards where they got blown out and Jake accounted for 5 INTs and a lost fumble.

I dunno, I always liked the guy.

Why so?  I've always thought he was a good coach.  He went to the NFC championship twice and one Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme, who was not a spectacular QB by any means.  Then you saw what he could do in Denver with a future HOF QB at the helm.

He inherited a horrible 1-15 team from Siefert in 2002.  He never had back to back losing seasons in his Panther tenure (considering 8-8 is .500).  His only flaw was he married himself to Jake Delhomme when he should have let go after that horrible playoff game against the Cards where they got blown out and Jake accounted for 5 INTs and a lost fumble.

I dunno, I always liked the guy.

Yep. Fox is a damn good football coach. I mean he managed to go 9-7 with Tim frigging Tebow at QB.

My point is with the panthers John Fox never had b2b winning seasons either.

Panthers - overall from 2002 - 2010 73-71 (.507) with Fox as head coach.  Panthers made it to the Super Bowl, NFC Championship and Divisional round during that time, winning the division twice, but boasting two 11 win seasons and one 12 win season, with Jake Delhomme. 

Outside of the 2-14 season, he never lost more than 9 games.  Team was still right in the mix of improving the next season.  Where as we seem to always be rebuilding......we've been rebuilding since 1991.  I'd take Fox as our coach with those results over what we had any day of the week.  

I know, its barely above .500........so thats average.  But when you take into consideration having three seasons where they won 11 games or more and advancing to the Super Bowl and NFC Championship two years.......just sayin

Archived