Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

If you're going to get a cat I would suggest adopting one from a known adoption service or get one from a well known breeder.

DO NOT DO NOT under any circumstances ever get an animal from a shelter ever. I know a lot of people would disagree with me but all my expeirences with friends or family getting pets from shelters ended badly. All 4 dogs must have had cabin fever or something from being in a pen too long and were just uncontrollable after about 6-10 months for each one it had to be taken back to the shelter. they would just bite people and not stop running in circles had to go into the bathroom while youre taking a **** or it would not be able to calm down. think you were leaving it or something and start biting people they were all crazy. Maybe it was bad luck but ill never get an animal from shelter place just let those bad apples get put down.

I'm getting a kitten man. Literally weeks old. I doubt there's going to be much permanent damage to them from being in a shelter.

And I'm getting one for a couple of reasons. One, my cat Stewie passed a few months ago. Greatest cat ever. And I've grown up with cats all my life. He was the biggest asshole ever. I've talked about it before on here. In the past when we've gotten our male cats fixed, it's like they die inside. They just don't have the same energy. Stewie on the other hand became a douchebag. Like he would smack the **** out of our other cats or dogs as they walked past him, just because. Scumbag Stewie is what we called him.

So yeah, really sucked when I had to put him down (stomach cancer) but I'm ready for a new one now.

Secondly, winter is ****ing depressing. For me anyway. Speaking of cabin fever, almost feel like I'm in prison sometimes in winter. And I got a feeling this winter is really going to suck. So yeah, a kitten will be a nice distraction.

Thirdly, I saw a mouse in the kitchen last night. How I was able to talk the home owners into this. They told me to kill it, I'm not the type to just kill something, even a mouse. They're too soft to do it. So hey, a cat is a good idea.

But yeah, this place is a borderline farm. Wondering if I should shoot for two cats. It's like an only child. I always feel like getting just one (kid, dog, cat, girlfriend/wife, whatever) is kind of not fair to them. They'll get lonely and enjoy life more with a partner in crime (and/or someone to beat the **** out of--like me and my little brother). Would you (or anyone else who wants to chime in) recommend that? Shooting for two? If I do go that route, should I go two males or one male/one female? And should they be brothers or brother/sister or should I try to get them from different...packs(? Or whatever the **** you call families of cats)

Thanks in advance.

office . . .  so warm . . . falling . . . asleep . . .

I know that feel bro. I find this interesting. When I'm ready to go to sleep at night, I can't be hot. I need fans otherwise I'll be sweaty and uncomfortable. However, if I'm in a public setting, sitting upright in a chair, and the room is exceedingly warm, it makes me really tired and the heat doesn't force me to sweat. Can anyone explain this anomaly?

I've found that too... I'm a temperature sensitive sleeper. Too hot or too cold and I won't get a good night's sleep. To keep heating bills low, we keep it cool in our house. Before we had kids we'd keep it in the 50s in our house. 

I cna't explain the anomaly

I'm in the process of moving. And I found a whole bunch of Redskins stuff I had forgotten about. Including a 6 pack of coke cans from SB26. One of the cans had drained/leaked out. I had to discard the rest. The coke was eating away at the cans. I couldn't risk it ruining my SB26 program.

Before we had Jessie we had 2 cats that my dad had gotten my mom as a present one year. They lived to be 16 years old. They were brother and sister and my mom named them Borris and Natasha and they were awesome together. Sometimes I get sad because Jessie doesn't have any cat friends but then when my brother brought his kitten over a few months ago she kept beating it up. So get 2 cats while they are young but if you only get 1 cat and then it goes awhile with out ever seeing another cat in its life then after a few years go by you wont ever be able to get a 2nd cat because the 1st one will be two territorial imo

Secondly, winter is ****ing depressing. For me anyway. Speaking of cabin fever, almost feel like I'm in prison sometimes in winter. And I got a feeling this winter is really going to suck. So yeah, a kitten will be a nice distraction.

It's killing me already. I used to work all the time so it didn't make a difference. Now though, I'm almost struggling to enjoy the free time after work and just feeling lethargic in the evening. Trying to make sure I keep hitting the gym but it's not helping.

My dog helps though. He's just as happy/psychotic to see us get home in June as he is in November. 

I'm sitting here listening to some douche from Angie's List trying to sell me on some advertising that I have no intent on buying. These jokers pester the **** out of me all the time. Jesus for the love of God!

Does anyone get approached at gas stations by dudes trying to sell you on some job opportunity? Used to happen to me pretty frequently back in my younger, innocent looking days. Been awhile but happened to me over the weekend. It's always the same, they say something about your car, ask your a question and then attempt to lead the convo into what you do for a living and what type of work you'd like to do. I've only let it get beyond that one time and dude gave me his number and talking about some defense contractor job or something. Like it was secret agent, CIA ****. Normally I just act like a dick and kill the convo at the start.

Anyone else experienced this? What exactly is it about? I'm assuming it's some type of pyramid scheme hustle or something?

Does anyone get approached at gas stations by dudes trying to sell you on some job opportunity? Used to happen to me pretty frequently back in my younger, innocent looking days. Been awhile but happened to me over the weekend. It's always the same, they say something about your car, ask your a question and then attempt to lead the convo into what you do for a living and what type of work you'd like to do. I've only let it get beyond that one time and dude gave me his number and talking about some defense contractor job or something. Like it was secret agent, CIA ****. Normally I just act like a dick and kill the convo at the start.

Anyone else experienced this? What exactly is it about? I'm assuming it's some type of pyramid scheme hustle or something?

Never.

Have seen the ol' "let me fix the body damage on your car on the spot" scam though.

I feel like he really isn't from Rockville. Maybe out where the Sunshine burger place is, or Olney.

You guys act like KB is coming back to punish MoCo...slow your roll.

KB is a drunken hippy admittedly so...he won't remember the address.

I'm pretty sure KB can talk to animals so he can probably get a bird to verify MoCos whereabouts. A hawk could spot that flannel from 30 miles away

Archived