Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Last night was weird,we went to a friend of a friend's place. They were all white, right when we walked in we caught them saying "n-word" to each other. They saw two of my friends and said shhh don't say it. Later through the night, they kept saying it whenever my friends weren't close by. I found it odd. Full on er, like wtf.

Last night was weird,we went to a friend of a friend's place. They were all white, right when we walked in we caught them saying "n-word" to each other. They saw two of my friends and said shhh don't say it. Later through the night, they kept saying it whenever my friends weren't close by. I found it odd. Full on er, like wtf.

racist.jpg

I always laugh when people come with the "Its 2014" line. It'll be a long time before we are finally, if ever, completely rid of **** like that. I always refer to 2 lines from MIB from Tommy Lee Jones when it comes to my world view. Some of the truest lines ever uttered.

"A person is smart, sure. People, are panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

“A thousand years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat. Fifteen minutes ago, you knew we humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.” 

A couple pieces of etiquette if you own a mobile phone and want to come off as professional, adult, educated, etc.

1. Empty your voice mail. The only thing worse than getting "the mailbox is full" message after you don't answer my call is #2.

2. Set up your voice mail. Getting a "the voice mail has not been set up" message indicates to me that you know absolutely nothing about the technology you hold.

3. Ring back tones are for children. Nobody wants to know your favorite song of the moment and a lot of times I will judge you negatively based on what song you choose (or the fact that you chose one in the first place).

Nobody is better than any of the above points.

That's my PSA of the day.

4. If you're in a room with other people, turn down the volume on your ****ing phone when you're playing Angry Birds (or w/e **** game). No one wants to hear that ****.

5. If you have a loud voice, step outside the room if you're going to yap. Or better yet, tell them you'll call them later. No one else cares about your stupid conversation.

I always laugh when people come with the "Its 2014" line. It'll be a long time before we are finally, if ever, completely rid of **** like that. I always refer to 2 lines from MIB from Tommy Lee Jones when it comes to my world view. Some of the truest lines ever uttered.

"A person is smart, sure. People, are panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

“A thousand years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat. Fifteen minutes ago, you knew we humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.”

I consider "we in the FBI do not have a sense of humor that we're aware of" to be at least one of the Top 10.

That line from Gangs Of New York was pretty good too.

Something like " You don't kill your mortal enemy in a dark alley in the middle of the night.... You kill him in broad daylight, in the middle of the courtyard, where the entire town can watch him die."

Awesome, I am going to get pizza this afternoon, so the Dominos sale is very tempting.

Last night around 10, I decided to order Papa Johns. Haven't had them in a couple of years for multiple reasons. However, they are the only ones that deliver to my house, and I didn't want to drive. So, I ordered the pizza online and got the confirmation email and it said that the delivery time was 90-100 minutes! I called cancelled, and I guess it will be quite awhile before I eat Papa Johns again.

Also, has anyone tried Papa Murphy's? It is a great pizza if you get a chance.

I used to like Papas but then I got hungry one day, tried to order Papa Johns, and it was 20 bucks for a large. My goodness man  :lol:

Dominos used to have a bad rap but they really put effort into improving their pizza, and they have a bunch of promotions such as discounted pizza and free pizza. 

Papa Murphy's is a West Coast chain, when I was on the West Coast I had that before. They make the pizza, but you bake it at home. Pretty cool (edit: It's apparently in Frederick and Chantilly too)

I used to hate Dominos.  I thought it was horrible.  But, now it is really good and I love the Feta Spinach Bread.

Yeah, Papa Johns is way to expensive.  I got turned off a while back because I was going to have some delivered.  The price was too much.  So, I figured I would just go and pick it up.  It was done online, so I changed to pick up and they actually added to the price of the pizza.  I wouldn't have known if I wasn't paying attention.  It was only like .30 for each pizza, but don't pull that crap on me!

So, I saved $10 and went to dominos and got the same thing.

Andy Griffith black n white shows > color

Did you know that Andy Griffith sang the theme song from the show (I think the title is "Gone Fishin'")? (I actually own it on DVD. Figured Mom would enjoy it. And "What it was, was football".)

My dad could probably tell you in depth about every episode of the Andy Griffith Show ( and Columbo). Has like every season on DVD.

Just ordered Papa Johns for the first time in probably 3 years. Fingers crossed.

Currently playing The Last Of Us. This game is awesome.

Did you know that Andy Griffith sang the theme song from the show (I think the title is "Gone Fishin'")? (I actually own it on DVD. Figured Mom would enjoy it. And "What it was, was football".)

No, I didn't realize that.

Probably my favorite episode was the one where Opie gets beat by the girl on the fly pattern. And Andy goes: "it was interference" lol

Also liked the one where Barney gives someone a parking ticket and then Gomer does the "citizens arrest" thing on him because he did an illegal u turn.

That show is gold.

I had sort of the opposite experience one time.  (Or the same experience from the other end.)

In college my two roommates and I, plus our friend who may as well have been the fourth roommate, had a party for a pay-per-view boxing match one night.  A few people come by, and one guy brings his two friends who happen to be black.  The rest of us are white.  Out of nowhere Fourth Roommate Guy drops the n-word casually and you could almost hear the record scratch sound effect as everybody looks at him.

He very obviously felt terrible about it, and I know for a fact he's not racist, but it was an awkward couple of minutes.  There weren't any hard feelings I don't think.

crazy how i go 30 mph above the speed limit on 495 and i still get people wanting me to go even faster!

Sounds pretty irresponsible for both parties involved.

Just asking to lose your license. That's what tracks are for. Go as fast as you want.

You running late...wake up earlier.

Archived