Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'm selling stuff on eBay for the first time ever.

If anyone is looking for used PS2 games, a 2.1 computer speaker with a sub that bumps, a wireless rear surround speaker kit or a couple of zune 4gbs with a dock and car kit then holler at me. Gotta sell this ****. It's hard on the streets.

That's an accident waiting to happen on 495. It's really not designed for people to be going that fast.

Don't get me wrong. I did the same when I was a kid...but as I have matured (a I little) and gathered some wisdom, I realize how reckless and selfish that was.

I'm selling stuff on eBay for the first time ever.

If anyone is looking for used PS2 games, a 2.1 computer speaker with a sub that bumps, a wireless rear surround speaker kit or a couple of zune 4gbs with a dock and car kit then holler at me. Gotta sell this ****. It's hard on the streets.

How much for the zune?

How much for the zune?

I have 2, a dock and car kit that I'm trying to sell all together. They are all used and haven't been touched in a while. I set buy it now at 100 but I'd take A LOT lower if I were to sell all the stuff together to someone on here.

So, I work in a warehouse.  We're moving (from 1.2 million sqft to almost 500,000 sqft) We are forced to go higher, instead of spread out.  Makes sense, right?

I've been telling my superiors that due to the speed of the move (15-45 53' containers of material a night) we are bound to have an accident.  Long hours, an overall great team drive to get the job done, and pressures from higher were mounting.  I warned them.

Friday night, we had a stack of 4'x8' boxes topple over.  By topple, I mean "the 25,000 lbs of material stacked in crappy boxes crushed the bottom box and smashed into multiple adjacent locations full of material."  Oh, and it landed 3 feet behind the forklift that had just driven by and within 20' of 3 more team members working on the floor.  It would have crushed the lift and the operator in a split second.

Didn't sleep well all weekend, hardly any at all on Friday night. This was almost the worst case scenario that I had warned them about.  Deaf ears.

Thank God noone was injured, or worse.

Tomorrow, I'll probaby have to go in and face the music because it happened on my watch.  (Not the supervisor - I didn't get the job, remember?) But, I'll still feel the wrath.  Or at a minimum deal with more absolutely zero-thought out knee jerk reactions that make no sense at all.

Think I'm feeling sick, lol.

Hail.

I haven't had even a sip of alcohol since May 17. Haven't even really thought about it either, it just hasn't happened. My wife can't drink and I'm always hanging out with her so I don't drink. Don't miss it too much.

Think I'm going to get away from liquor and get into craft beer. Just sample as much stuff as I can. Liquor is just too much any more.

So, I work in a warehouse.  We're moving (from 1.2 million sqft to almost 500,000 sqft) We are forced to go higher, instead of spread out.  Makes sense, right?

I've been telling my superiors that due to the speed of the move (15-45 53' containers of material a night) we are bound to have an accident.  Long hours, an overall great team drive to get the job done, and pressures from higher were mounting.  I warned them.

Friday night, we had a stack of 4'x8' boxes topple over.  By topple, I mean "the 25,000 lbs of material stacked in crappy boxes crushed the bottom box and smashed into multiple adjacent locations full of material."  Oh, and it landed 3 feet behind the forklift that had just driven by and within 20' of 3 more team members working on the floor.  It would have crushed the lift and the operator in a split second.

Didn't sleep well all weekend, hardly any at all on Friday night. This was almost the worst case scenario that I had warned them about.  Deaf ears.

Thank God noone was injured, or worse.

Tomorrow, I'll probaby have to go in and face the music because it happened on my watch.  (Not the supervisor - I didn't get the job, remember?) But, I'll still feel the wrath.  Or at a minimum deal with more absolutely zero-thought out knee jerk reactions that make no sense at all.

Hail.

That sucks man.  I hope it goes as well as possible for you.

Do you have any documentation of your concerns from before?

Hail.

This is why you can never get too comfortable.

I have a question first if you don't mind.

Did you feel secure with your position to the point where you were an especially valuable employee ?

Think I'm going to get away from liquor and get into craft beer. Just sample as much stuff as I can. Liquor is just too much any more.

I get it...kinda. It's called growing up man. Be careful with the beer, it puts on the pounds.  Booze will cost more ( a lot ) and put you in childish situations. I love craft beers and always take some when I visit my brother.

Especially once you get near Rockville and those crazy ass bends on 495 West/East

It's not that bad. I used to get off at the White Flint exit and went all out at times. I did experience the car having the bounce effect. So fast around a turn that the rear of the car bounced a little.

That sucks man.  I hope it goes as well as possible for you.

Do you have any documentation of your concerns from before?

Yep.  I'm fully aware of the "CYA" philosophy.

This is why you can never get too comfortable.

I have a question first if you don't mind.

Did you feel secure with your position to the point where you were an especially valuable employee ?

I'm just waiting for the "if you thought it was wrong, why did you do it anyway?" line of questioning while they know full well it is their utter refusal to listen to us on the ground making stuff happen, moreover - their insistence to the contrary..."hurry up and get it done". 

Regardless, to your intended point (I believe) - I am (IMO) an exceptional employee but I am under no illusion.  They will fire poor performers. 

I'm just waiting for the "if you thought it was wrong, why did you do it anyway?" line of questioning while they know full well it is their utter refusal to listen to us on the ground making stuff happen, moreover - their insistence to the contrary..."hurry up and get it done". 

Regardless, to your intended point (I believe) - I am (IMO) an exceptional employee but I am under no illusion.  They will fire poor performers. 

Haha, no I wasn't taking it that far.

My former boss would hear what I was saying and consider it. I considered myself an exceptional employee as well, sometimes it got done immediately, other times it was a process in regards to my suggestions.

Frustrated the hell out of me. Often times he would wait and pose it in a frame to not give me credit for my suggestions ( he wouldn't take credit). At first I was irritated by that and then after discussing it with him, he explained that it was a way to implement structure that would not draw attention to myself, such to cause envy.  I rather liked that answer from him.

As comfortable I was with that job and as good at it as I was, I always kept my head on a swivel and continued to look for other potential employment. Not because I was unhappy, but because there may indeed be another job that would suit me even better and be even more profitable. I tell my friends and family to always update their resume whenever they take on new responsibilities or help build the brand by something that they were a major part of.

Your situation may suck, but it will be fine man. Perhaps the blame comes down on your supervisor and you get the recognition for your previous suggestion. Keep that in your holster however until you need it.

i get all emo and listen to sad/dramatic stuff when I'm stoned.  The Tree of Life soundtrack has some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard.

dat 1:06 mark.  dem strings.  dat nebula.  dem galaxies.

Man, I would sample the mess out of that and create a banging beat. I just don't know how to do it. lol

Well, I did it... And it turned out pretty good IMO. Been letting my speakers knock in the car since I made it.

(Best experienced with some speakers/headphones with some good bass)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzd8P_-FOWY

wow man, I can't wait to click.  I don't want to ruin it here at work with the crappy speakers, I'll wait 'til I get home.  Good stuff, MLS!

I would like this, but I'm out...

Who do I talked to about getting more likes? I thought I got extra likes with my yearly fee? What the heck man?!?!?

Speaking of good music, I went to see John Prine and EmmyLou Harris at Red Rocks last night with my parents.  Had a friggin' blast. 

I'm not a huge fan of country music, but folk/blue grass is awesome.  90% of the crowd was 55 and older, so it was a pretty tame show.  The doobies were flying around though, and the guy next to us had a whole pocket fool of pre-rolled joints. 

Sitting there under the stars, my parents and I standing side by side and rocking back and forth singing along to John Prine's "Taking A Walk," while passing joints to my dad and this random old dude next to us.  Good times.  Live folk music is a ton of fun.  My parents are in their mid 60s, and I haven't seen them party like that in years.  LOL

It's not that bad. I used to get off at the White Flint exit and went all out at times. I did experience the car having the bounce effect. So fast around a turn that the rear of the car bounced a little.

Normally when I'm going through there these days, its during rush hour. Man some people have absolutely no concept of how properly to drive through that stretch. I remember it was raining one time and a guy was going to fast and started to fish tail. Even in bright sunny weather people will be driving out of control, ending up over in your lane because they don't know how to stay in between the lines.

Normally when I'm going through there these days, its during rush hour. Man some people have absolutely no concept of how properly to drive through that stretch. I remember it was raining one time and a guy was going to fast and started to fish tail. Even in bright sunny weather people will be driving out of control, ending up over in your lane because they don't know how to stay in between the lines.

Rush hour is almost as bad as NYC around 495. I certainly wan't ripping it up like that during rush hour.

The stretch between there and Tysons was terrible during rush hour. I learned a few back roads. It helps.

When I moved back into DC from Silver Spring it was even easier. Then I started working downtown. I could walk.

When you start to get that bounce in a turn...hit the gas and head the wheels in the right direction.  NOT slam the gas, just hit it a little.

Anyone know anything about sports memorabilia?

I have a Washington Post printing press of the cover of the sports page the day after Cal Ripken broke the consecutive games streak. Anyone know the best way to sell or value something like this?

I see, on eBay, similar items (McGuire breaking the record WaPo sports page) going for $500-$1000. Anyone tell me what I can legitimately expect for it? It's an original press, not some duplicate.

Your situation may suck, but it will be fine man. Perhaps the blame comes down on your supervisor and you get the recognition for your previous suggestion. Keep that in your holster however until you need it.

My boss will most likely take the hit for it.  She's an awesome person and fights for her people.  This move will be impressive on the resume, as well as the numerous CPI savings I have working concurrently.  My eyes are always on the horizon, sometimes to the left and right for new opportunities, but always looking to the future.  You are a wise man, and your advice is much appreciated Sir.

Anyone know anything about sports memorabilia?

I have a Washington Post printing press of the cover of the sports page the day after Cal Ripken broke the consecutive games streak. Anyone know the best way to sell or value something like this?

I see, on eBay, similar items (McGuire breaking the record WaPo sports page) going for $500-$1000. Anyone tell me what I can legitimately expect for it? It's an original press, not some duplicate.

I can't imagine that it's worth more than 20-30 bucks. I have that paper, and I have the one when Magic retired, and when Jordan initially retired. I think they are cool, but I really don't see them as valuable. Maybe 50 years from now.

Archived