Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Well that was the most bizarre aspect of the situation. None of us, having spent three years living in close proximity with another, had ever heard him say it for any reason. Never heard it since. People say dumb stuff sometimes and I don't think you can say that one stupid moment outweighs the rest of what we know about him.

Regardless, I think your premise is faulty to begin with.

Long, long, ago, I remember a comic strip called Tank MacNamarra. (Sp?). Tank was a jock-turned-sportscaster who was famous for saying stupid things on the air. (His trademark phrase was saying "norts spews".)

The scene is a tv broadcast booth, during pregame. Two smiling guys in shirts and ties, with a background of a stadium. One of them is Tank.

Tank: ". . . former NFL great, who I'm proud to have here tonight as my colored man".

The next frame, the two people are frozen, staring horrified at each other. Tank has a thought balloon, saying "I think I meant to say color man".

Third frame, the new guy is holding his hands up near his face, fingers spread, big huge eyes, singing "Doo dah. Doo dah." Tank has his head buried in his arms, crying "gimme a break, Frank!"

Just found out that a good friend's two-year-old son went to the hospital last night, ended up airlifted from Warrenton to Fairfax Inova and right now they're about to start surgery to remove his appendix. Two years old and an appendicitis. Am I wrong or is that like super crazy young? How risky is the surgery? Or is this not that big of a deal? Anyone got any insight?

That's crazy, but I don't think the surgery is that risky these days. It's the recovery for someone that young, because they are more likely to move any kind of way and possibly get infection or whatever. I've never heard of someone that young having their appendix removed, I'll have to ask my sister in law or my cousin about commonality.

Anyway, countdown has begun. 32 days until I move to Denver. I'm so torn.

Any idea where you'll be living out here?

Be prepared to see Peyton Manning jerseys everywhere LOL.  But the amount of fit women in yoga pants makes it all okay.  :)

"Hi, yes.  My name is Matthew, but you can call me Chewie, Chewdy, or Young Chew.  I'm here to deliver a package to the highest ranking official in the building.  buzz me in, please." 

It's been a week. Did you go back with a Turban?

We have any Howard fans on here? They had this guy on today....now i will say what is wrong with him isn't funny at all....but god damn i cant stop laughing at it. They guy cant talk without belching. Like i said i feel terrible laughing at the video but i cant help it....i guess im a sick person. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1DnBQye83I

Well, I did it... And it turned out pretty good IMO. Been letting my speakers knock in the car since I made it.

(Best experienced with some speakers/headphones with some good bass)

nice job, man!  sounds nasty the way you cut it up.  B)

eager-beaver-head-bob.gif

Yeah, I was in a store and heard it. I was like, "Hey!"

When I first heard it on the commercial, I knew it sounded like something from the 80's. I thought it was from New Edition. 

I thought it was done specifically for that Liberty Mutual commercial. I thought it sounded power ballad/instructional/orientational video-ish. But I liked the track.

I was floored when I saw that The Human League were the artists. That sounds more mellowed out compared to what I think of when it comes to them.

Sounds a lot like Ralph Tresvant's Sensitivity

nice job, man!  sounds nasty the way you cut it up.  B)

Yeah man. Not going to lie, I was siced when I finished the first phase of it. Now I'm just fine tuning stuff. Never thought about selling a beat before, but I might have to test the market with this one. I don't think I need a "sample clearance since "the average listener" wouldn't know what song I sampled. But I still need to cover my tail before I go any further. 

I saw a 3 second green light today outside Tysons. How is this possible? 

Listen, you got a long line of us littles just trying to make it home, driving on International Drive right outside Tysons Corner mall. How in the world do you have a 3 second green light? Like 3 cars were able to get off that line  :lol:

I saw a 3 second green light today outside Tysons. How is this possible? 

Listen, you got a long line of us littles just trying to make it home, driving on International Drive right outside Tysons Corner mall. How in the world do you have a 3 second green light? Like 3 cars were able to get off that line  :lol:

A lot of left turn lane greens last for a few seconds. Happens on busier intersections where traffic piles up quick. The turn lane on Leonardtown Rd in Waldorf next to the Checkers was like that.

So does the one that gets you on Wisteria Dr in Germantown. There's one in Montgomery Village thats really ****ing bad, but I forgot where. Its near the Sports Authority.

And these are da braaaaaakes, break 'em up break 'em up break 'em up break it down

Archived