Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Please :lol: . What is it, like in the 50's?

The way things have been the last few weeks, I'd break out some shorts and a t shirt and fire up the grill in that weather.

44, I cant walk in a t-shirt. That's cold.

Ha yeah it is. Like 53 here at the beach. Where do you live again man? I know CA, I wanna say like Pomona or something.

I'm stationed at Davis, going school there.

Kind of bummed that the "Last movie you saw" thread has been apparently been "Replaced" courtesy of someone who didn't bother to do a search before they started a thread. That, and no one has told them.

I liked the other thread because it required you to give a detailed explanation of why you liked it, aloong with a plot synopsis. There are a ton of good movies I have seen in the last year and a half ( that I wouldn't have watched otherwise) solely because of the reviews people gave. Now people are just posting movies in the other thread, giving a number rating, and calling it a day.

Lame.

Kind of bummed that the "Last movie you saw" thread has been apparently been "Replaced" courtesy of someone who didn't bother to do a search before they started a thread. That, and no one has told them.

I liked the other thread because it required you to give a detailed explanation of why you liked it, aloong with a plot synopsis. There are a ton of good movies I have seen in the last year and a half ( that I wouldn't have watched otherwise) solely because of the reviews people gave. Now people are just posting movies in the other thread, giving a number rating, and calling it a day.

Lame.

Yeah, there gave been a lot of "name your favorite movie/actor/song/band/whatever" threads, in Tailgate.

I find that, for one thing, there's no indication that anybody even reads anybody else's picks. There's no discussion.

And after a brief time, nobody's trying to pick their favorite, they're posting a list of 25. Without even noticing that four of their 25 have already been mentioned.

Although I did, once, start one that had some nice discussion. I'm rather proud of starting the "most iconic photo representing America" thread. (I try to bump it, for the Fourth, every year).

Caught a commercial, during the SB. More of a clip, like five seconds. Just showed a close up of some guy's hip, as he worked the slide of an automatic pistol.

I don't know if it's just me. But I see that a lot, in movies and stuff. And EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS, I find myself wondering "why didn't that eject a round?"

I see it a lot, with shotguns, in movies.

One of the things where it REALLY ticks me:

Our heroes are about to assault the bad guy's lair. We have like five dramatic moments of our heroes sneaking, hiding, ducking behind cover, crawling through the weeds, whatever it takes, to get to the place where the bad guy is. They crouch, with their backs to the wall, below the Bad Guy's window. Gaze meaningfully at each other. Nod, meaningfully.

And then one of the Good Guys pumps the slide on the shotgun.

I want the other Good Guy to slap him silly.

"You mean, the whole time we were crawling up here, the whole time we were sneaking up on this heavily fortified Bad Guy Lair, you were carrying an UNLOADED shotgun?"

"And NOW, now that we've successfully made it all the way here without alerting the Bad Guys, NOW you want to make that noise, one foot away from their door?"

I am gross. This chick nasty.

Use a blindfold and drink heavily (next time, i guess).

BTW, **** Seattle. I wanted them to die, but instead they put on one of the greatest defensive performances I have ever seen. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them.

Damn they have a great defense.

"You mean, the whole time we were crawling up here, the whole time we were sneaking up on this heavily fortified Bad Guy Lair, you were carrying an UNLOADED shotgun?"

"And NOW, now that we've successfully made it all the way here without alerting the Bad Guys, NOW you want to make that noise, one foot away from their door?"

Thank you.  My wife gripes at me when I rip the tactics on movies due to my military background.

Hollywood just has no clue.

Use a blindfold and drink heavily (next time, i guess).

BTW, **** Seattle. I wanted them to die, but instead they put on one of the greatest defensive performances I have ever seen. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them.

Damn they have a great defense.

We could kidnap their entire defense, change their names, and force them to play for us. That way we could still show our disdain for them, while also massively improving our team.

I have some ski masks.

Thank you.  My wife gripes at me when I rip the tactics on movies due to my military background.

Hollywood just has no clue.

I remember a navy guy ripping some scenes from U-571 way back when I used to frequent the imdb boards in study hall/comp lab classes in HS. Good times.

We could kidnap their entire defense, change their names, and force them to play for us. That way we could still show our disdain for them, while also massively improving our team.

I have some ski masks.

I've got the flashbangs and intimidation voice. Now we just need to find Westy and trick him into helping us when we tell him that we've got a lead on a Cobra Command hideout somewhere in the Pacific NW. We'll need his stealth and extra sensory perception... 

All I know is I'm going to find out where Mass_SkinsFan is hiding, and seek his guidance on this quest. Without his knowledge on all things awesome, we're screwed.

Mad bomber (just in case)... Check. Then you need a wheelman. If only Insane Boost still posted here. He would be the driver (semi, to load all the players into). Then you throw Califan in there afterwards to Lol them into submission... Breaking them down little by little, to where they are under our control. Mission accomplished.

*Watch us both end up on the terror watch list or something.

Dude I joke with a buddy of mine similarly through text, and I get soooo paranoid afterward. The latest one was about the Grammy's and some kind of attack on the building it was being held in. lol

If it gets too bad i send a text to myself, asking the Govt not to take me seriously. You know, exactly the way a terrorist would try to stay stealthy and rogue. So i'm pretty much ****ed. It's like they're goddamn Santa Clause or something, and we're all children again.

Archived