Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Now this is not due to a ban I just posted in a thread, but I have what might be a fun new thread coming, ala some we have done here occasionally since way back, that were well-received...sharing some "colorful former ES posters" stuff (while protecting anonymity) but this time with an additional theme...stay tuned lol..

btw, relatedly...you know what one internet poster demographic where the most whacko, or crazed, or sad, or "whatever" (in degree and number) posters? Should be pretty easy to guess.

It's the "political <or sociopolitical> topic" posters of course (right, left, liber-t, whatever). There are many who spend a lot of time discussing politics and do so just fine. But that's also the turf that attracts the most crazies (usually, rabid partisans, whether they deny it or not).

Even those trying to manage it (an interesting group to me in particular) will slip up...some of these guys' lives are apparently such that they desperately "need" to keep coming back to a site that's banned them to "crusade" (or just, err, "get revenge" :huh: --oh, excuse me---in some of the more deluded, it's "to get justice" :rolleyes: ) as a true internet warrior even though they inhabit other sites and there are an endless options out there for infestation...

...they're also the guy who, having been banned, is convinced that even though any given long-time moderator of any given decent-sized message board has read just about every insulting, idiotic, offensive, or "whatever" comment made about any topic (or about themselves as a person  :P), they are the guy whose "thoughts' were so powerful and unique that the mod felt obliged to ban them out of anger, distress, or just to arbitrarily personally persecute them because they are that "special"...

...after all, no one could possibly ever have posted similar views that they have without being banned...it's "personal persecution" :lol: ...the guys who never get it...

I wonder if they are like vampires...no mirrors in the house...hard for them to see their main issue...

Just like Bon Temps...lots of different types of entities... :P

I use to think hurricanes were cool. Then I moved into a shack in the bush, half built by me (I'm no carpenter) in the rain forest on a tiny little island not close to anything.

Now they are scary as ****, especially since there is still ruins from the last two, from not too long ago.

I actually went out for a bite to eat during most of that segment. Those were painful memories. I think I remember that soundbite on Rob Johnson when it first happened. "Yea, haha, well, Rob kind of always looks the wrong way and doesn't quite know what's going on, but he's still our backup and we love 'em." or somthing like that. I mean who does that? He is where he belongs. Brilliant college coach, but he just didn't belong in the NFL. Thankfully (for his own sake) he realized that before things got worse.

I'll never forget one of the last 2-3 games of the '03 season against the Cowboys where we were completely and utterly done. They kicked our asses 27-0 at FedEx. Troy Hambrick ran for like 200 yds, and some of the fans started throwing snowballs. That was one of my lowest moments as a Skins fan.

I remember the atmosphere here after Osaka had a great deal of almost cowboy-delusional homerism. While I didn't get too giddy, it was hard to to "buy" the Spurrier move on paper, even being the classic risk of college to pro. But Osaka was accepted as predictive way too quickly by so many (often denied now :P), and the crash was sooo painful.  :(

Man, I have to find new friends.  All of mine are wimps.  I tried to get them to go paintballing and to do a mud run and their excuses were: 'it's too hot,' 'but its dirty.'  I had several people that said they would go paintballing this weekend so my wife reserved a spot. 

We probably had a group of about 16.  They have all come up with excuses to get out of it, with the exception of one family which will only be three.  Meanwhile, my wife and I put out a $100 for reservations....ugh, I am a little ticked right now. 

I use to think hurricanes were cool. Then I moved into a shack in the bush, half built by me (I'm no carpenter) in the rain forest on a tiny little island not close to anything.

Now they are scary as ****, especially since there is still ruins from the last two, from not too long ago.

It's one of the many reasons why I want to return to Washington. I'm sick of the hurricanes we get in North Carolina every year. Even the small ones...I can't stand them.

btw, relatedly...you know what one internet poster demographic where the most whacko, or crazed, or sad, or "whatever" (in degree and number) posters? Should be pretty easy to guess.

It's the "political <or sociopolitical> topic" posters of course (right, left, liber-t, whatever). There are many who spend a lot of time discussing politics and do so just fine. But that's also the turf that attracts the most crazies (usually, rabid partisans, whether they deny it or not).

I recently made the mistake of posting on the political board of another (otherwise normal) forum. Now I'm caught in a whirlwind of stupid and can't stop posting. The things people accept as fact and disseminate as such, are almost unimaginable. If it's slanted the right way, they'll believe it and defend it. Period. There is also almost a complete lack of moderation which only strengthens the storm of stupid.

Reading the garbage on there makes me so thankful for the iron-fisted authoritarianism with which Extremeskins is ruled. And I mean that in a nice way. Here's to you and your comrades.

I'd like to punch the word "Paleo" in the stupid ****ing face. I'm a member of a lot of food blogs and they are all starting to post recipes that would never in a million years have any grains or anything else in them, that would make them not be defined as Paleo, but they have to lead with that. It's making me crazy.

I get the political stuff too. I'm currently on another board trying to explain to somebody that breeding dogs and dog shelters being full are in the same vein.

I recently made the mistake of posting on the political board of another (otherwise normal) forum. Now I'm caught in a whirlwind of stupid and can't stop posting. The things people accept as fact and disseminate as such, are almost unimaginable. If it's slanted the right way, they'll believe it and defend it. Period. There is also almost a complete lack of moderation which only strengthens the storm of stupid.

Reading the garbage on there makes me so thankful for the iron-fisted authoritarianism with which Extremeskins is ruled. And I mean that in a nice way. Here's to you and your comrades.

Now you listen right here, city slicker. This heer is Amurica. We don't take kindly to none of that Commie talk ya heer? Next red word  comes out of you boy you gon' wish you was in Commie Heaven.

PS - And I agree, Mein Fuhr... err... Jumbo... yeah.... That guys alright too.

Now you listen right here, city slicker. This heer is Amurica. We don't take kindly to none of that Commie talk ya heer? Next red word  comes out of you boy you gon' wish you was in Commie Heaven.

PS - And I agree, Mein Fuhr... err... Jumbo... yeah.... That guys alright too.

Commie heaven? You mean Vermont ? :o

Archived