Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Chewy I would have tried to at least get someones attention first before deciding to wait in line. **** that. Maybe you could've not cut in front of someone,  but gone off to the side where people were ordering, in between customers, and asked for some assistance or something?

And yes, to a degree, you don't need to worry about what people think (especially when it comes to something that mundane). When it comes to stuff like your career, or any other type of situation where you are trying to make an impression on someone, whether it be in relationships, or with other people that you are meeting for the first time in any walk of life, then it matters. To hell with random people though. They aren't important. Just work on being the best person you can be. The only time when being too nice is a bad thing is when people  are attempting to take advantage of it, or are generally being assholes, and need to be called on it.

While I can appreciate call ahead ordering, I cannot stand it at places like Chipotle where your food is clearly made in front of you in the line. At the location closest to my house, you can walk in and see only 3-4 people waiting and it can seriously take 15-20 minutes to get your food because of idiots ordering more than one item, and because of call ahead orders backing things up even further. If you're going to have a call ahead system, don't have it at the detriment to the customers in your store.

can somebody please inform me on the proper etiquette for picking up a call-in order?

You need to go back to your DC Carry Out roots.

Just walk up in that joint and be like "Yo, I came to pick up number 77"

lol

So much for not being the "Loud black guy".  :lol:

After that, they'd probably stare at each other for 5 seconds, and then someone will probably say something along the lines of "Billy! Get the cross! I'll get the matches and kerosene!!!"

can somebody please inform me on the proper etiquette for picking up a call-in order?

You need to go back to your DC Carry Out roots.

Just walk up in that joint and be like "Yo, I came to pick up number 77"

lol

So much for not being the "Loud black guy".  :lol:

After that, they'd probably stare at each other for 5 seconds, and then someone will probably say something along the lines of "Billy! Get the cross! I'll get the matches and kerosene!!!"

Reminds me of the Dave Chapelle "When Keepin' It Real Goes Wrong." lol

Honestly though, I am a chill person too, I just would have stood there and waited. Unless I was short on time. I would have certainly been that loud black dude lol

"Yo! Can a brotha get his noodles please?!?!?!"

I am tired of the haters on RG3. You work hard to get where he has, and then everyone complains about his success. Everyone wants a piece of him. Leave him alone. 

- People CRITICIZED the man after he posted his wedding registry online. Is that suddenly what goes for offensive these days? How dare he ask fans for wedding gifts. 

- People criticized his house, saying it wasn't all that. 

- People alleged that RG3 is being inappropriate with a VCU student 

I am not a fan of the "you'll always have haters, ignore them" concept. It irks me that these clowns are out there trying to make a name for themselves by slandering RG3. Leave him be. 

Leave Brittnay alone!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

While I can appreciate call ahead ordering, I cannot stand it at places like Chipotle where your food is clearly made in front of you in the line. At the location closest to my house, you can walk in and see only 3-4 people waiting and it can seriously take 15-20 minutes to get your food because of idiots ordering more than one item, and because of call ahead orders backing things up even further. If you're going to have a call ahead system, don't have it at the detriment to the customers in your store.

Idiots ordering more than one item?  You're bothered by people picking up food for family or friends?

went to noodles and company last night to pick up some mac and cheese...the line was long as hell.  there is a sign that says "call in orders come to open register" but there weren't any open.  i could've maybe walked to the front and stood directly behind somebody who was placing an order, but probably would've looked like a jerk by doing so as there were a bunch of people in line.

so i end up standing there for like 10 minutes behind all these people that had never been there before, and the register chick is giving these folks the breakdown of the menu.  i've always been a people pleaser, and my wife says i'm too nice.  i feel like i should've just walked up and waited behind somebody placing an order and bypassed the line.

toss in the fact that i'm the only black person in the building, and I don't wanna be "that rude black guy,"  looking like an asshole, cutting in line.  but the sign said that call-in orders come to the front.  should i just stop worrying about what other people think?

I think your first mistake was going to Noodles and Company. ;)

Some talk about NCAA ending license with EA Sports

I hope this wasn't the last NCAA that I purchased 

Speaking of which NCAA '14 is good fun 

Sounds like it's gonna happen. So enjoy NCAA 14 while you can because it sounds like it's going to be the last one.

toss in the fact that i'm the only black person in the building, and I don't wanna be "that rude black guy,"  looking like an asshole, cutting in line.  but the sign said that call-in orders come to the front.  should i just stop worrying about what other people think?

Okay, that cracked me up. Based on my experience in scenarios like that, it's usually been "that rude soccer mom".

After a few minutes of waiting, you should have just embraced every stereotype you could think of. You know, strip down to a wifebeater and talk loudly about how you hope they serve grape drink. You probably would have scared a few people out of line, like the rude soccer moms.

(Ducks for fear of being pegged by a soccer ball)

Snickers Almond = Best Candy Bar

Quoted for em-effing truth.

Just seen your update 'Skins.

My sincerest condolences to you all. I really hope you guys did decide to follow through with the vacation. It may well of been the best thing for you all at this sad time to occupy your minds with something other than your recent tragedy. Little you can do now at home and I'm sure he and his wife wouldn't want you moping about lost for want of a better expression and would both want you guys to try have fun. Not least your mom.

Again, my deepest condolences. May God give you all extra strength at this sad time and watch over his wife and children with even more love and care.

Hail.

Thanks again for the kind words...apologies for the delayed response.

We did still go on our vacation and it definitely was the best thing we could have done.  It helped to clear all of our minds.  My brother in law's viewing and funeral are this weekend, so we're headed to the eastern shore (Berlin, MD) to send him off to rest easy tomorrow.

I always hate this part of summer around here (mid-late July/early August). **** is unbearable. It's like you're in a giant oven. No breeze to speak of.

Y'all are hotter than we are here, I saw a news thing about how bad it is at night there, sorry!

And we've got flooding, trees down all over the place...lost power last night for about 4 hours.  (And because there IS a higher power, I was surfin' ES on my phone.)

Hail!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/firefly-online-is-happening-for-real-this-time

"Firefly" Online Is Happening, For Real This Time

Based on the universe created by Joss Whedon, Firefly Online is a social role playing game (RPG). It’s currently in development for iOS and Android, but may expand to include additional platforms at a later date.

In Firefly Online (FFO), players will assume the role of a ship captain with the goal of hiring a crew to seek out adventures. Meanwhile they will be competing — and trading— with millions of other players to try to survive in the Verse.

FFO plans to provide a variety of gameplay activities including assuming the role of a ship captain and all that entails: hiring a crew, customizing your ship, and engaging in both space and planet-side adventures.

You whimps. Jk. We been in the low 90-100s here for about a week and a half. It was 105+ plus the week before that. Feels nice it's 94 right now.

I'm sure it does when you don't have to deal with that humidity sucking the life out of you, with no breeze. It's like having a sumo wrestler sit on your face.

Archived