Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Shoot, don't feel bad son. If idiots want to pay you double for a pair of shoes, then take their money.

FWIW, I brought me a pair today. :D Not having to break my neck for shoes is another benefit of wearing a size 18.... If you know what I mean. :king:

Word to the first part.

Holy **** get away to the second.:ols:

---------- Post added March-23rd-2013 at 10:42 PM ----------

The thing is i can afford it but i wont be saving any money at all like i am now.

Don't know how old you are, but saving money for later in life needs to be a priority. I didn't think about it at all, and I've contributed very little to our "future", as it were, so to speak.

But then again, I'm a sports nut and have been known to blow a couple hundred at a Thrashers game, aside from tickets, so there ya go.

My trick...(I'm a waitron, so it's easy for me)...NEVER CASH IN CHANGE. Don't use it. Save it. (I use mine for Christmas, usually about a grand, no lie). And I refuse to put it in a machine, I roll it all while watching the World Series, since I can pee between pitches=slow game.:ols:

I need to ****ing vent. Just ignore this, I'm sorry.

Copied and pasted from Tumblr:

tumblr_mk5avi77Ki1rt11zvo1_500.jpg

“27 Reasons Why I Love Kat”

While I’m waiting for my girlfriend to get home, I decided to post simple reasons why I love her on the wall running up our stairs to our living room. The duck tape “I Love You” existed from another time.

I’ve wanted to do something similar to this for a while, and now is the perfect time. I received a text from her saying she was off of work and to meet her for a drink. I got dressed and headed out just in time to get a text saying that she’d be going to another part of the city with friends. I sent her an okay and that was that.

Typically this would bug me. That group of friends is a small circle including her ex. The whole situation with him is beyond complicated, and I have no respect for this person. It always digs at me when she hangs out with them because I can’t go due to the sensitivity of her ex. They broke up 9 months ago.

Anyways, I’ve decided to stop letting the little things get to me, and just focus on turning them into a positive. This has adequately distracted me for the night, while simultaneously telling her how much I love her.

I’d say it was a good solution.

I love you babe.

Update 3:45am

I figured I’d update this here to vent a little and try to relax. She’s drunk at her exes apartment (who now shares it with a friend of theirs) with a few friends. I haven’t heard back from her in half an hour.

This was my last Saturday night before I started working again, and she works tomorrow. My time with her this weekend is now gone.

Girls, this is why you can’t find any good guys…

I'd like to extend a big middle fingere to the cop who pulled up next to me at a stop light yesterday morning, waved at me to roll down my window and then yelled at me to stop speeding.

Yes, I'm fully aware that you could have given me a ticket and I'm grateful for that. But the only reason I was speeding is because you were crawling up my ass with that giant truck/paddywagon thing to begin with. Half way into the turn out of my street to pull in front of you I realized just how fast you were driving that thing and realized that I should have waited for you to pass first you ****ing *******. Then you tailgate me for over a mile and have the nerve to tell me to slow down? Go **** yourself.

I need to ****ing vent. Just ignore this, I'm sorry.

Copied and pasted from Tumblr:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e00bce10301cc57149088e9853506e89/tumblr_mk5avi77Ki1rt11zvo1_500.jpg

“27 Reasons Why I Love Kat”

While I’m waiting for my girlfriend to get home, I decided to post simple reasons why I love her on the wall running up our stairs to our living room. The duck tape “I Love You” existed from another time.

I’ve wanted to do something similar to this for a while, and now is the perfect time. I received a text from her saying she was off of work and to meet her for a drink. I got dressed and headed out just in time to get a text saying that she’d be going to another part of the city with friends. I sent her an okay and that was that.

Typically this would bug me. That group of friends is a small circle including her ex. The whole situation with him is beyond complicated, and I have no respect for this person. It always digs at me when she hangs out with them because I can’t go due to the sensitivity of her ex. They broke up 9 months ago.

Anyways, I’ve decided to stop letting the little things get to me, and just focus on turning them into a positive. This has adequately distracted me for the night, while simultaneously telling her how much I love her.

I’d say it was a good solution.

I love you babe.

Update 3:45am

I figured I’d update this here to vent a little and try to relax. She’s drunk at her exes apartment (who now shares it with a friend of theirs) with a few friends. I haven’t heard back from her in half an hour.

This was my last Saturday night before I started working again, and she works tomorrow. My time with her this weekend is now gone.

Girls, this is why you can’t find any good guys…

I don't get this. Is he mad because he's ok dating a girl who hangs out with her ex and doesn't allow her current boyfriend to see her ex? Guy sounds like he's being a *****.

For those of you who like war movies, I came across a pretty cool write up yesterday, comparing Saving Private Ryan to The Thin Red Line.

In December of 1998, Terrence Malick released The Thin Red Line, his first film in 20 years. The Thin Red Line was the antithesis of Saving Private Ryan. It was slow and poetic and beautiful and, let’s just say it, kind of confusing. But it was also undeniably brilliant. As one critic said, The Thin Red Line was “the thinking man's war film.”

Saving Private Ryan is everything a great war film should be. It has epic battle sequences, a heroic lead star, a strong supporting cast, mild humor to break the tension, and a tightly-wrapped conclusion. It’s also, dare a say, rather conventional. The plot is its only real function. Eight soldiers are sent to find one man and send him home. One by one, the men get picked off via an elaborate, individual death scene (mostly in the final battle), and, eventually, Private Ryan is safely sent home.

It took me 12 words to describe the entire plot of Saving Private Ryan, but it’d take me 12 pages to describe the plot of The Thin Red Line, mainly because, there isn’t one.

Whereas Saving Private Ryan is essentially the aftermath of a 20-minute battle scene, The Thin Red Line IS the battle scene, both literally and figuratively. The main battle in The Thin Red Line, save a few breaks, takes up a bulk of the three hour film, as we witness the attack from start to finish. Saving Private Ryan, rather brilliantly, throws us, without warning, onto Omaha Beach. The Thin Red Line waits patiently with us as the soldiers grimly, and tediously, prepare for certain death.

More at link: http://www.andsoitbeginsfilms.com/2011/06/great-war-debate-saving-private-ryan-vs.html

I feel truly blessed and I love my life. A year ago and change, I was moving to this island to drink myself to death, ala Leaving Las Vegas and now I'm leading the kitchen at a sustainable farming insitute in the middle of a tropical rain forest, dating a gypsy who is a professional fire dancer, sleeping in a treehouse in the middle of nowhere, doing yoga and organizing retreats, meditating and getting known for vegan cooking and learning about so many incredible foods and surrounding myself with some of the most amazing people I've ever met. That was a long sentence.

I've always used option number 3, but it seems like number 2 is becoming more popular. I have no idea what the correct pronunciation is...

I'm with ya. I'm reading waaaay too much into it, but I feel like when people say "yee-ros" (which I think is in fact the correct pronunciation), that they're being snobs LOL.

Just say jye-ros already :ols:

Archived