Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

How small and what price range ?

Well... This will find a home in the TOOC thread...

Having said that, the television I'm looking for is mid 20 to 30ish... No more than $250. Just need a bedroom TV... I have two flat screens downstairs... :)

As someone who takes correct pronunciation of words seriously, this question plagues me. Everyone I ask has a different answer.

Me, too, so I'll tell ya'll...a Greek former co-worker of mine now owns a restaurant down the street from where I work called Grecian Gyro...yummy! (The food at his cousin's engagement party was ****ing AMAZING!)

He usually comes in with his other owners to eat at my place once a week, & I've never felt the need to ask about the pronunciation... (I've always ordered it as a "yearo" there), but I will next time I see them.

Well... This will find a home in the TOOC thread...

Having said that, the television I'm looking for is mid 20 to 30ish... No more than $250. Just need a bedroom TV... I have two flat screens downstairs... :)

you will not believe how small a 20ish inch tv looks...my mom has one in her bedroom and it is TINY.

I bought a Dynex from Best Buy last year for the bedroom. I think it is a 42" and it was around $250-$300. 720p. It is "my" tv....we have a Sharp 52" and a Samsung 55" in the living room and basement, respectively. I have been very pleased with the purchase, considering it was pretty cheap. Of course it doesn't compare to the 1080p tvs downstairs, but it has a great picture.

you will not believe how small a 20ish inch tv looks...my mom has one in her bedroom and it is TINY.

I bought a Dynex from Best Buy last year for the bedroom. I think it is a 42" and it was around $250-$300. 720p. It is "my" tv....we have a Sharp 52" and a Samsung 55" in the living room and basement, respectively. I have been very pleased with the purchase, considering it was pretty cheap. Of course it doesn't compare to the 1080p tvs downstairs, but it has a great picture.

Yeah, we have a 20" Magnavox HD in the kitchen and it is tiny. Maybe best up to 10-12'. We just bought a 32" Samsung 720p at Best Buy for the bedroom for ~$345 w/ tax. I was looking for something smaller, but the price difference just wasn't there.

I was debating that myself. I'd like a good picture and I don't have a ton of room. It's going to go on a small shelf in the corner of the room...

I'll probably go to Best Buy to look at the respective sizes tonight and then either buy one there or off of crutchfield.

I work at a summer camp as a canoeing instructor, and I want to build a small, one person changing area, tent, station thing to put down by the lake. It's gotta be cheap, but durable enough to withstand some rain and wind.

Anyone have any ideas?

Pallets are free and it sounds like there is plenty of wood growing around you. Maybe you can use the trees around to help with the structure.

I slept in a giant tree house the other night, pretty awesome, but this question makes my imagination go wild. :ols:

Pallets are free and it sounds like there is plenty of wood growing around you. Maybe you can use the trees around to help with the structure.

I slept in a giant tree house the other night, pretty awesome, but this question makes my imagination go wild. :ols:

Ideally it would be in the clearing around the lake. It's pretty much just a large flat grassy path that's about the width of a two lane road. But you're right there are trees on the sides I could potentially use.

I would make a giant tree house If I could. Hell, i'd make an entire village of them and teach jungle class. But i'm trying to get this done with as few liabilities as possible, so, that's a no go. :(

That damned risk management strikes again.

Ideally it would be in the clearing around the lake. It's pretty much just a large flat grassy path that's about the width of a two lane road. But you're right there are trees on the sides I could potentially use.

I would make a giant tree house If I could. Hell, i'd make an entire village of them and teach jungle class. But i'm trying to get this done with as few liabilities as possible, so, that's a no go. :(

That damned risk management strikes again.

I just took a bush skills class at a sustainable farming institute in the rain forest on a tropical island. :) It couldn't have been cooler.

am i the only one annoyed with all the people changing their facebook pictures to that red and pink equality box today? I have no problem with marriage equality, but **** is annoying

Agreed. I hate politics on social media sites. Facebook should only be used for posting inappropriate material that jeopardizes our careers.

Being 5, she is probably better at using it too. :ols:

My niece could school me on the computer at 5.

Nailed it, haha

Her sister and her have showed me several fascinating features on my phone I never would have figured out on my own. Guess I'm officially an old fart now. :ols:

Nailed it, haha

Her sister and her have showed me several fascinating features on my phone I never would have figured out on my own. Guess I'm officially an old fart now. :ols:

Well, I guess "old fart" has been assumed by a 31-year-old?

I'll tell my co-workers I need a new nickname!:ols:

Archived