Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

April Fools jokes need to die a painful death. As a kid, I thought they were funny, but as an adult, I honestly view it as someone calling me stupid. In order for me to give a two thumbs up on any April Fool's joke, it would have to be so elaborately thought out and executed by someone, and numerous people would have to be in it on a national stage, to the point of causing mass panic, and the perpetrator (s) risking serious jail time. Anything less than that would cause me to bury my face in my hands.

April Fools jokes need to die a painful death. As a kid, I thought they were funny, but as an adult, I honestly view it as someone calling me stupid. In order for me to give a two thumbs up on any April Fool's joke, it would have to be so elaborately thought out and executed by someone, and numerous people would have to be in it on a national stage, to the point of causing mass panic, and the perpetrator (s) risking serious jail time. Anything less than that would cause me to bury my face in my hands.

Most are awful. Some are good. I mostly stick to simple and harmless.

I have this small battery-powered device called an annoy-a-tron, which emits a sound once every five minutes. I currently have it set to make a cricket chirp. I hid it in the room next to my office, and all day I've been listening to my co-workers complaining about "that damn cricket". They've been searching for it for hours, coming up with plans to try to trap it, etc. Meanwhile I'm dying of laughter in the next room.

What is Project Monarch?

Some guy on another site posted all these pictures of butterflies in the media. I didn't have time to read his 20,000 word post/rant. What is he talking about? I'm assuming some conspiracy nonsense.

I'm assuming he's referencing the fewer amount of monarch butterflies migrating this year.

Archived