Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Raylan Givens has been my favorite badass for awhile.

"If I was you boys, I'd just drop my guns and lay down on my tummy."

I'm just now on season 2 of the show. Just watched an episode which featured Hershel from The Walking Dead.

I wish I got on this show from the get go.

I don't get it.

The wife and I claim zero withholdings on every paycheck, we itemize our deductions (because it's higher than the standard deduction) and every year we own $1500-$2000 in additional federal taxes.

Shouldn't the zero withholdings be setup so you break even, all things considered (say, with the standard deduction)? And it's not like we work for a rinky dink mom and pop outfit with an outdated payroll system. We're both public servants.

*scratches head*

Is the system set up to assume multiple children or something while claiming zero deductions in your paycheck?

I don't get it.

The wife and I claim zero withholdings on every paycheck, we itemize our deductions (because it's higher than the standard deduction) and every year we own $1500-$2000 in additional federal taxes.

Shouldn't the zero withholdings be setup so you break even, all things considered (say, with the standard deduction)? And it's not like we work for a rinky dink mom and pop outfit with an outdated payroll system. We're both public servants.

*scratches head*

Is the system set up to assume multiple children or something while claiming zero deductions in your paycheck?

It's the marriage penalty. Withholdings are set up for single people.

It's the marriage penalty. Withholdings are set up for single people.

I thought that had been rectified?

I guess I should also see what the difference is if we file married but seperately. I know I lose the student loan interest deduction..but it was minimal since I paid it off this year.

I thought that had been rectified?

I guess I should also see what the difference is if we file married but seperately. I know I lose the student loan interest deduction..but it was minimal since I paid it off this year.

The marriage penalty is one of those things that politicians talk about all the time but never actually fix. It's possible that filing separately might help things a little bit but probably not that much. Any couple where both spouses are making a decent amount of money is going to be hit whether filing jointly or separately.

edit: the marriage penalty was fixed for lower incomes a while back, but not for any income above the 15% bracket.

The marriage penalty is one of those things that politicians talk about all the time but never actually fix. It's possible that filing separately might help things a little bit but probably not that much. Any couple where both spouses are making a decent amount of money is going to be hit whether filing jointly or separately.

edit: the marriage penalty was fixed for lower incomes a while back, but not for any income above the 15% bracket.

Thanks - it's just frustrating to think that I would need to withhold additional funds (while claiming zero persons withholding) each payckeck to break even at the end of the year.

I hope eventually they get it fixed....but at least I am blessed to be able to pay it each year rather easily.

So yesterday I had to pick up a cucumber to make one of those tomato and cucumber salads. When I'm in the store, the gf calls me and asks me to pick up some lotion, so I grab that too.

I use the self checkout at grocery stores 99% of the time, but there just so happened to be an open cashier line this time, so I went there. It wasn't until I had the cucumber and lotion (and nothing else) on the conveyor that I realized how bad that must look. The cashier was noticeably quiet during the checkout, and I also got a weird vibe from another customer who had got in line behind me. I wanted to die.

@BryanDFischer 11:41 AM

That’s creepy. RT @mashable: .@nfl Installing Locker-Room Cams for Fans' Viewing Pleasure bit.ly/XtIPc0

---------------------------------------------

http://mashable.com/2013/04/03/nfl-locker-room-cams/

"The NFL will require its teams to install locker-room cams to broadcast video on stadium scoreboards during games next season.

The move is apparently designed to further entice fans to come out to games as opposed to staying at home and watching from the couch, according to reports from the IMG World Congress of Sports conference in Naples, Fla.

While teams will be forced to install the cameras, they will have more freedom on how to use the footage in-stadium. Video that teams do use, however, will only be viewable by fans at games and not by fans watching at home. The in-person-only option comes as the NFL tries to add incentives for sports fans to continue coming to games amid rising ticket prices and increasingly attractive TV options."

They really think locker room cameras are what is lacking from the stadium experience? I hope this is a joke.

Give me a digital yellow-line first down marker and that improves the live experience ten fold, not swinging dongs in a locker room.

Today blows. I dropped the girl I've been seeing off at the airport and she'll be gone for two months. She was more of a friend, but a great spirit to be around that I can really use. My ex and I, who I'm still hooked on, screwed me and we had a fight and I think she found a new doucheag to date, another friend I've had plans with is blowing me off, I tried to quit smoking and failed in flames. I took a new yoga class today and it sucked and frustrated me. All my friends are working on friday nights, because of the restaurant business and I'm off on a good money night. I'm not really drinking right now, but I'm feeling lonely as hell. I don't know what the hell to do. I'm frustrated. I don't want to do what I normally do, because drugs and alcohol only make everything worse.

Today blows. I dropped the girl I've been seeing off at the airport and she'll be gone for two months. She was more of a friend, but a great spirit to be around that I can really use. My ex and I, who I'm still hooked on, screwed me and we had a fight and I think she found a new doucheag to date, another friend I've had plans with is blowing me off, I tried to quit smoking and failed in flames. I took a new yoga class today and it sucked and frustrated me. All my friends are working on friday nights, because of the restaurant business and I'm off on a good money night. I'm not really drinking right now, but I'm feeling lonely as hell. I don't know what the hell to do. I'm frustrated. I don't want to do what I normally do, because drugs and alcohol only make everything worse.

Maybe some local honey would make it all better!

j/k.

Hope it turns around for you.

Maybe some local honey would make it all better!

j/k.

Hope it turns around for you.

**** you. :D I kid.

I'm having some wine and watching a giant cow sneak through the fence now, that'll help. My last few days have been incredible, so I shouldn't *****. I should have just taken the dog to the beach today. I can't get out of my head.

ESPN, tell me again about how awesome the Boston fans are.

Fall on 2 lean years, and this is what happens?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/red-sox-prepared-for-end-of-sellout-streak-after-at-least-793-games-and-almost-10-years/2013/04/05/bdeca250-9e26-11e2-9219-51eb8387e8f1_story.html

BOSTON — Boston Red Sox president Larry Lucchino stood in an empty Fenway Park to discuss the improvement to the ballpark for the upcoming season.

At the home opener on Monday, all those seats will be filled.

.On Wednesday, maybe not.

The Red Sox are preparing for the end of the sellout streak that has covered 820 regular-season and playoff games dating back almost 10 years. Not since May 15, 2003, has there been an unsold seat at baseball’s oldest ballpark.

Archived