Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Just watched Lincoln:

1. DDL's performance was absolutely incredible.

2. Lincoln makes most of the presidents, at least in my lifetime, look like mental midgets.

Gotta share a funny with ya. One of my regular customers was getting goodies in line at the theater. He hears a guy behind him say, "Lincoln...wonder what that's about...?"

Stupid has no end in sight in this state, I swear.:silly:

Gotta share a funny with ya. One of my regular customers was getting goodies in line at the theater. He hears a guy behind him say, "Lincoln...wonder what that's about...?"

Stupid has no end in sight in this state, I swear.:silly:

Hopefully the guy was meaning "I wonder what part of Lincoln's presidency Spielberg is going focus on?" I doubt it though. That reminds me of one of my favorite sayings I heard from a colleague: "Never underestimate the stupidity of mankind." :ols: Unfortunately, there are way too many people out there who give us reason to think of this...

You'd have to have licked paint chips and been locked in a basement your entire childhood to not at least know the bare minimum about Lincoln and the role he played in the history of this country.

Or, maybe there are just a lot of really, really stupid people walking around. Jay Leno actually interviews them frequently.

I was watching the movie with my nephew and he must have just studied the Civil War because he was giving me a play-by-play of what was happening in the movie. It was a bit distracting, but way too cute to stop. I was happy to see he's paying attention in school.

So I think I got roofied. I went to a show on Thursday night in downtown LA. Ghostface Killah, Roc Marciano, and some other dudes. Went with my girlfriend and two other guy friends. We get there I have a few rum and cokes. Feeling good. Getting a little drunk but nothing crazy. But at some point something happened and I ended up outside the club. Missed Ghostface's set. Have vague recollections of certain points in the night like getting to the hotel with my girl. I didn't think much of it the next day, thought I just drank a lot. But then my girl tells me that two different guys bought her a Captain and coke and she gave them both to me. So I got what was intended for her. I'm pretty sure I was roofied because one it would've taken 9+ rum and cokes to get me to the level of hammered that I was at and I don't recall drinking that much. And two the next day I was barely hungover. If I was black out drunk I would've been dead.

I'm pretty pissed. I missed the best part of the show, Rza came out and did a song. I got thrown out of the club, I'm guessing I was stumbling or whatever. And I also have a nasty gash on my leg, perhaps I fell. **** whoever tried to roofie my girl. Kinda mad at my girl for even accepting those drinks but whatever. I'm alive.

abdc,(as a bartender) I'd normally go into "did you eat anything?" mode, but you provided enough details,especially what you determine to be your "limit", and you were nowhere near there. Since I'm female, please tell your girl to NEVER EVER EVER accept a drink from a stranger, hell, even a friend. Pranks are common, and idiots think they're funny, but serious reactions can happen. Glad you didn't get hurt too seriously, but if you got thrown out and have no idea why, this wasn't funny. I hate hearing about **** like that.

So I think I got roofied. I went to a show on Thursday night in downtown LA. Ghostface Killah, Roc Marciano, and some other dudes. Went with my girlfriend and two other guy friends. We get there I have a few rum and cokes. Feeling good. Getting a little drunk but nothing crazy. But at some point something happened and I ended up outside the club. Missed Ghostface's set. Have vague recollections of certain points in the night like getting to the hotel with my girl. I didn't think much of it the next day, thought I just drank a lot. But then my girl tells me that two different guys bought her a Captain and coke and she gave them both to me. So I got what was intended for her. I'm pretty sure I was roofied because one it would've taken 9+ rum and cokes to get me to the level of hammered that I was at and I don't recall drinking that much. And two the next day I was barely hungover. If I was black out drunk I would've been dead.

I'm pretty pissed. I missed the best part of the show, Rza came out and did a song. I got thrown out of the club, I'm guessing I was stumbling or whatever. And I also have a nasty gash on my leg, perhaps I fell. **** whoever tried to roofie my girl. Kinda mad at my girl for even accepting those drinks but whatever. I'm alive.

Holy ****, you have to drink 9 rum and cokes to black out!?!? I don't even want to know what your liver enzymes are. :ols:

Couple questions:

Do you have any way to verify how many rum and cokes you drank? A "few" typically means a hell of a lot in our demographic.

Did you have any food recently in your system prior to starting your drinking?

It's possible you could have been roofied, or you could have just been hit with all the hard liquor at once (happened to me more than once in college and even afterward, hence, no more hard liquor for me :) ). Either way, glad you are safe.

Finally, now that you are safe and sound, you need to sit your girlfriend down and have a serious talk with her about protecting herself at a bar or other public place people are boozing. Few things you might want to review:

1. Never, ever accept a drink from a stranger. I would say that goes for friends too, particularly if you didn't see the drink physically being made then being passed directly from your friend to you.

2. Always cover the opening of your drink with your hand.

3. Keep your drink on you at all times. Even when you go to the bathroom, don't just give it to a friend to hold while you're in the restroom.

Holy ****, you have to drink 9 rum and cokes to black out!?!? I don't even want to know what your liver enzymes are. :ols:

Couple questions:

Do you have any way to verify how many rum and cokes you drank? A "few" typically means a hell of a lot in our demographic.

Did you have any food recently in your system prior to starting your drinking?

It's possible you could have been roofied, or you could have just been hit with all the hard liquor at once (happened to me more than once in college and even afterward, hence, no more hard liquor for me :) ). Either way, glad you are safe.

Agree with everything you said.

We all had dinner about an hour before the show. Definitely had a full stomach. I asked my friend and he said I had four rum and cokes, He also said that I suddenly went from tipsy happy drunk to super wasted slurring drunk. My girl said the same thing. The fact that I drank two drinks given to her by two separate guys convinces me that I drank what was intended for her, and I got drugged. I have two big bruises on my right leg and have no clue how.

Whoever attempts to drug a girl at a club has to be a coward and a piece of garbage. There should be some serious repercussions for that.

Went to the movies this morning for the first time since the Aurora theater shooting last August. Not sure if its just here in Colorado or a new nationwide practice, but during the movie, a team of 2 theater workers did their "walk the theater with a flashligh" check, and each of them took a turn pulling the emergency exit door, making sure it was closed and secure. They did this THREE times throughout the film.

Of course, sneaking through the emergency exit door is how the aurora theater shooter got in. The movies we go to by our house are about 8 miles from Century Theater in Aurora...

Agree with everything you said.

We all had dinner about an hour before the show. Definitely had a full stomach. I asked my friend and he said I had four rum and cokes, He also said that I suddenly went from tipsy happy drunk to super wasted slurring drunk. My girl said the same thing. The fact that I drank two drinks given to her by two separate guys convinces me that I drank what was intended for her, and I got drugged. I have two big bruises on my right leg and have no clue how.

Whoever attempts to drug a girl at a club has to be a coward and a piece of garbage. There should be some serious repercussions for that.

Sorry for my initial skepticism, I had several girlfriends back in college who swore they were roofied at bars and clubs we went to when it was more like, no, you just took 10 shots in a 15 minute time span and blacked out, you ding dong.

What you've described, however, does not sound normal. Based on your alcohol tolerance level you've described, your friend verifying you didn't down 10 jack and cokes & the fact that 2 of your drinks came from unknown sources, I'd say that situation is highly suspect. Good grief, glad you and your girlfriend are ok. Very sad how many sickos are out there waiting to prey on vulnerable females. Us women always need to be on high alert.

Went to the movies this morning for the first time since the Aurora theater shooting last August. Not sure if its just here in Colorado or a new nationwide practice, but during the movie, a team of 2 theater workers did their "walk the theater with a flashligh" check, and each of them took a turn pulling the emergency exit door, making sure it was closed and secure. They did this THREE times throughout the film.

Of course, sneaking through the emergency exit door is how the aurora theater shooter got in. The movies we go to by our house are about 8 miles from Century Theater in Aurora...

Yeah, they did that in COS when I went to a few movies down there in Nov. & Dec.

Archived