Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

"In the internet message board system, rule violations in open-topic forums are considered especially heinous. In the ES tailgate, the dedicated officials who investigate these vicious rule violators are members of an elite squad known as The Extremeskins Moderators. These are their stories."

Seriously. And after watching all of these games in San Francisco I have to say that seeing a playoff game there has to be on my bucket list. That place is awesome.

Seeing any game there should be on your bucket list (unless you already have) for any baseball fan.

If you go, make sure you get the Cha Cha bowl (behind centerfield and now in the Upper Deck stand) and the garlic fries (sold in various stands all across the park). They're two can't miss items.

l.jpg

l.jpg

6876197.jpg

Quasimoto's The Unseen is one of the most imaginative albums of the new West Coast underground, a puzzling, psychedelic jazz-rap gem riddled with warped humor and fractured musical genius. Producer Madlib actually outdoes his inventive work on the Lootpack's debut album, Soundpieces: Da Antidote!, crafting deep, dreamy jazz loops littered with found sounds and wiggy vocal samples. Quasimoto's helium-huffing voice is actually Madlib's, electronically altered for an effect not unlike Prince's abandoned Camille project. It might put some listeners off as gimmicky, and it's really a shame if it does, because it isn't really the focal point of The Unseen's left-field brilliance. It's more of an added textural element for Madlib's off-kilter soundscapes and a vehicle for the cartoonish humor hinted at in his choice of samples.....It takes some time to assimilate, but The Unseen gradually reveals itself as one of the most unique and rewarding albums of its era. ~ Steve Huey

Give a listen. Superior to your favorite mainstream rapper.

"In the internet message board system, rule violations in open-topic forums are considered especially heinous. In the ES tailgate, the dedicated officials who investigate these vicious rule violators are members of an elite squad known as The Extremeskins Moderators. These are their stories."

I hate everything about American Idol..but, if judging by the recent winner's new single, Home, I think Phillip Phillips is going to be a solid play for me. Really digging that song.

Plus, count me in as liking his version of the anthem last night at Game 1 of the WS.

I like his music so far. Had no idea he was from AI until I started looking up the song so I could find more of his stuff.

I like his music so far. Had no idea he was from AI until I started looking up the song so I could find more of his stuff.

I am really impressed with the music on Nashville (not even a pop-country fan per se) and moreso that it's actually Hayden & Clare & Connie singing (which reflect my ignorance of their previously established talents in music).

http://c3.cduniverse.ws/resized/250x500/music/197/6876197.jpg

Give a listen. Superior to your favorite mainstream rapper.

I think you were the first person to tell me about Lord Quas a couple of years ago.

Madlib is one talented dude. Probably the most underrated person out of all the people who is underrated. :ols:

Edit: Bully**** was the song I was thinking about....

Archived