Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Seeing any game there should be on your bucket list (unless you already have) for any baseball fan.

If you go, make sure you get the Cha Cha bowl (behind centerfield and now in the Upper Deck stand) and the garlic fries (sold in various stands all across the park). They're two can't miss items.

Happy to say I saw a game there a 2 years ago. Simply fantastic.

Didn't have any of those fries though.

tumblr_m81db4AuuX1qb51sq.png

Seeing any game there should be on your bucket list (unless you already have) for any baseball fan.

If you go, make sure you get the Cha Cha bowl (behind centerfield and now in the Upper Deck stand) and the garlic fries (sold in various stands all across the park). They're two can't miss items.

2 pics of delicious looking food

My fiance is a Giants fan and I am living closer now so.........

I have just watched some horrible videos on youtube of actual abortions. As liberal as I am, I think I may have to rethink my staunch pro choice stance. I feel TERRIBLE! :(

ETA: I don't feel terrible about rethinking the whole pro choice thing, I feel horrible after watching those videos. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep after that.

Anyone here work or know someone who works for UPS? Might be trying to get a job there.

As a driver? I applied to the one that was down the street from me a couple years back, and they were loaded. Now is a good time to get hired as a peak season driver, but full time isn't happening down here in SoMD. Not sure about NY. To drive those package cars around you just need to know how to drive a stick, but to drive the trailers, you need a CDL obviously. A buddy of mine drives for them. The money is very good. They start at 70k (the package car drivers do). Heard it can be pretty stressful though, depending how good management is, and how good the mechanics are, as you are bound to occasionally run into trouble logging all of those miles.

This was many years ago...my roommate's bf was a small-sort manager, back then it took years to be promoted to driver. That may have changed, though.

Yeah it's pretty difficult there, unless your resume is impeccable. They normally like to promote from within, and even then it takes time. It's pretty tough to beat that $$ and those benefits (medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, etc). You get very few holidays off though, but for that kind of money, especially for a single guy living with 2 other dudes, making over 30K less, I'd sell my soul to the devil.

Yeah it's pretty difficult there, unless your resume is impeccable. They normally like to promote from within, and even then it takes time. It's pretty tough to beat that $$ and those benefits (medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, etc). You get very few holidays off though, but for that kind of money, especially for a single guy living with 2 other dudes, making over 30K less, I'd sell my soul to the devil.

I hear ya. I'd love union protection. (No sarcasm, there.)

Another random thought...we don't get ESPNU at work, and that means I'm gonna miss the Duke/VATech game tomorrow. That blows.

I really like Jim Caviezel's character, "Mr. Reese" in Person of Interest. :)

The last scene in tonight's episode was great. :cool:

It's funny, that show has quickly become a favorite of mind. Probably for the exact same reason - although I hope they don't drag out his backstory with his former partner for too long.

Plus, we need more Root this year.

As a driver? I applied to the one that was down the street from me a couple years back, and they were loaded. Now is a good time to get hired as a peak season driver, but full time isn't happening down here in SoMD. Not sure about NY. To drive those package cars around you just need to know how to drive a stick, but to drive the trailers, you need a CDL obviously. A buddy of mine drives for them. The money is very good. They start at 70k (the package car drivers do). Heard it can be pretty stressful though, depending how good management is, and how good the mechanics are, as you are bound to occasionally run into trouble logging all of those miles.

Yea they have a few seasonal positions open around me. I put in an app today. Would love to be able to get in there for good.

Big Bang Theory is okay, not as good as it used to be.

It's Always Sunny and The League blow it out of the water though. I think 30 Rock is funnier too personally.

It's cool to hate on BBT, like it's cool for people my age to act like Friends was the worst comedy ever.

:rolleyes:

BBT must be doing something right...it's gone from 68 (season 1) to 8 (season 5) in the Nielsens...while almost doubling the # of live viewers.

---------- Post added October-26th-2012 at 11:25 AM ----------

BTW - Kaley Cuoco has gone from cute to hot to meh..back to hot as hell sometimes and othertimes meh.

---------- Post added October-26th-2012 at 11:27 AM ----------

Also..the vanity card at the end of last nights episode was classic.

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #396

It appears as if roughly half the people in this country think that they're in mortal danger from their own government. That's a lot of people sensing a lot of malice and threat. I worry that I don't see it. Sure, I see inefficiency and incompetence, but I've always seen that - regardless of which party's in office. And frankly, I've always welcomed it. I don't like my big bureaucracies to be cold, calculating, profit-making enterprises driven by a steely, clear-headed singular vision. A cursory glance through history would indicate that well-organized governments tend to enjoy well-organized parades, followed by well-organized ethnic cleansing. Which is why I celebrate the magnificent, muddle-headed ineptitude of our democracy. As far as I'm concerned, a little confusion and waste may keep the trains from running on time, but it also keeps people like me from getting a one-way ticket in a cattle car. Are our tax dollars being misspent on poorly run social programs? You bet! Do we get more buck for our bang at the local Post Office, Amtrak station, nuclear submarine or methadone clinic? Of course we do! But keep in mind that bureaucrats who can't find their ass with a flashlight and a hand mirror are not likely to find you either. To paraphrase Bobby McGee: "Freedom's just another word for who the hell's in charge here?!"

Archived