Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Wow, George sure gets some good ones.

I agree, I love this one too.

Did you see the alien one I posted in the owned thread? Kind of the same thing.

[/color]I have some odd hobbies. Ever hear of a Pike Stove? Cool stuff. I want to be able to live out of a back pack or car for a long time. Survival skills interest me.

You know what is good about working for the government, 2 hour early dismissal for every holiday....

I didn't know gov't workers got that. That is awesome.

The last few hours of work before a holiday weekend are always so quiet. It's like everyone's mind is already on vacation.

I didn't know gov't workers got that. That is awesome.

The last few hours of work before a holiday weekend are always so quiet. It's like everyone's mind is already on vacation.

It's at the discretion of the agency/department. The sucky part is sometimes if you'd already taken planned leave to get out early, then they let you out 2 hours early anyway, you might not get those 2 free hours.

It's also not all levels of government.

No one here at the state level gets it (as far as I'm aware).

My wife, who is a Fed, usually gets 59 minutes early before holidays.

Yea I didn't get it at the state of MD and I don't get it now with County gov't. I do, however, get more overall leave time with County gov't :)

It's at the discretion of the agency/department. The sucky part is sometimes if you'd already taken planned leave to get out early, then they let you out 2 hours early anyway, you might not get those 2 free hours.

yup we get 2 hours before every major travel holiday. but i had off yesterday so i still have to take off 8 hours but if i went into work for only 1 hour, i would only have to take 5 hours off

I'm seriously excited that it's mango season finally..just picked up a bunch for juicing, along with fresh picked pineapple, passion fruit and bananas. Gonna make a milk out of cashews and steep it with tamarind, then cook in some blended up bananas to eat over some cold jasmine rice for a treat. Maybe I can add some of that to my oatmeal too. Korean spinach and boc choy with fresh basil and quinoa and a lentil and pepper stew. It's gonna be a great week for eating at my place!

I'm seriously excited that it's mango season finally..just picked up a bunch for juicing, along with fresh picked pineapple, passion fruit and bananas. Gonna make a milk out of cashews and steep it with tamarind, then cook in some blended up bananas to eat over some cold jasmine rice for a treat. Maybe I can add some of that to my oatmeal too. Korean spinach and boc choy with fresh basil and quinoa and a lentil and pepper stew. It's gonna be a great week for eating at my place!

A mango chutney or salsa sounds good with that

Nick Fury's favorite fish when he was in the service.

I need to drop by for lunch sometime.

It's the greatest tasting fish I have ever had. Better than Tuna and we get them fresh at the same time, eaten just a couple hours out of the water.

I was sitting on my porch a while ago, watching my iguana bait with my camera and eating a passion fruit and this hummingbird comes up about a foot in front of my face and just stared at me. Jerk.

I bought a 55' 3d tv and I pay for the cable, you would think I get to watch what want, but noooooooo. I'm stuck watching American Idol, Teen Mom, 16 and pregnant, Jersey Shore, Pauld D, Basketball wives, Singles ladies, Mob wives, Twilight, X factor, The voice, etc, WTF WTF WTF I am being punked on my own TV that I paid for and the cable I pay for this is BS. I swear im going crazy.

I bought a 55' 3d tv and I pay for the cable, you would think I get to watch what want, but noooooooo. I'm stuck watching American Idol, Teen Mom, 16 and pregnant, Jersey Shore, Pauld D, Basketball wives, Singles ladies, Mob wives, Twilight, X factor, The voice, etc, WTF WTF WTF I am being punked on my own TV that I paid for and the cable I pay for this is BS. I swear im going crazy.

White people problems.

Archived