Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Sure, ban sugary drinks, keep the Triple Whopper off the "visible" menu. Trans fats, too many carbs, blah blah blah blah.

I think the real problem is lack of exercise, and constant overeating. At some point, people as a whole, need to look in the mirror. Every 2-3 commercials there is some lose weight quick scheme, or magic pill, or special clothing that hides the rolls.

All this dieting stuff, yet there is an obesity epidemic. You can still get fat by drinking that big ass carton of orange juice, eat a huge bowl of generic wheat bran, and two low fat turkey sandwiches on rye bread.

Sure, ban sugary drinks, keep the Triple Whopper off the "visible" menu. Trans fats, too many carbs, blah blah blah blah.

I think the real problem is lack of exercise, and constant overeating. At some point, people as a whole, need to look in the mirror. Every 2-3 commercials there is some lose weight quick scheme, or magic pill, or special clothing that hides the rolls.

All this dieting stuff, yet there is an obesity epidemic. You can still get fat by drinking that big ass carton of orange juice, eat a huge bowl of generic wheat bran, and two low fat turkey sandwiches on rye bread.

That's because the OJ has more sugar than soda, the wheat bran is loaded with trans fats, the low fat turkey is pumped with hormones to gain weight and the rye bread has HFCS. :D

Diet shouldn't mean a lack of food, it should mean proper eating.

Yes I get alerts when you chubbers start talking about how stupid your diet is. :D

That's because the OJ has more sugar than soda, the wheat bran is loaded with trans fats, the low fat turkey is pumped with hormones to gain weight and the rye bread has HFCS. :D

Diet shouldn't mean a lack of food, it should mean proper eating.

Yes I get alerts when you chubbers start talking about how stupid your diet is. :D

Better be on the safe side and just eat grass/leaves and rice cakes :ols:

And I think the diet thing is the most ridiculous thing a person can do, depending on where they came from. For example, some cat consumes like 5,000 calories daily, then cuts down to 1,400, eating canned tuna and ****. They don't eat breakfast, they don't exercise, and a number of other things. Goodbye metabolism...

Better be on the safe side and just eat grass/leaves and rice cakes :ols:

And I think the diet thing is the most ridiculous thing a person can do, depending on where they came from. For example, some cat consumes like 5,000 calories daily, then cuts down to 1,400, eating canned tuna and ****. They don't eat breakfast, they don't exercise, and a number of other things. Goodbye metabolism...

That's basically what I mean. Yes, caloric intake is important, but what you eat is more important than how much you eat. People not eating carbs? That's absurd. That's what fuels your brain dummies.

Not grass leaves and rice cakes either. I eat great, just healthy. Lots of rice and grains, quinoa, flax seed, fresh produce, nuts and fruit.

My next project, I want to make a solar stove to make stock and soup in, as well as bake breads and muffins and pizzas in and stuff. Cheap healthy food with zero footprint or emissions.

That's basically what I mean. Yes, caloric intake is important, but what you eat is more important than how much you eat. People not eating carbs? That's absurd. That's what fuels your brain dummies.

Not grass leaves and rice cakes either. I eat great, just healthy. Lots of rice and grains, quinoa, flax seed, fresh produce, nuts and fruit.

My next project, I want to make a solar stove to make stock and soup in, as well as bake breads and muffins and pizzas in and stuff. Cheap healthy food with zero footprint or emissions.

Yeah I normally either go the route of broccoli, cauliflower, or straight up salad for green stuff, but I always normally eat rice with most of my meals (except breakfast), and I almost always eat some fruit along with my breakfast. I need my carbs/trans fats/poison though. I can't go through life eating diet hot dogs and salt/butterless popcorn, and terrible low cal sodas and ****. I think the diet soda may be worse for you in the long run, not sure.

I definitely agree on the veggies and stuff as far as being internally healthy and keeping your body toxin free, but I don't think that it is a cessity to become physically fit (not saying you implied that). I've also been drinking a glass of red wine per day along with dinner.

I've also started the whole red wine thing, though there seems to be a number of different opinions on just how healthy that actually is.

All foods are fine in moderation. I think that's everyone's problem. When you go to McDonald's, just eating that Big Mac is okay. But when you pair it with fries and a soda, it makes it worse.

The key is to cut out fast food and soda. Drink more water, eat more fruits, and veggies.

Yeah I normally either go the route of broccoli, cauliflower, or straight up salad for green stuff, but I always normally eat rice with most of my meals (except breakfast), and I almost always eat some fruit along with my breakfast. I need my carbs/trans fats/poison though. I can't go through life eating diet hot dogs and salt/butterless popcorn, and terrible low cal sodas and ****. I think the diet soda may be worse for you in the long run, not sure.

I definitely agree on the veggies and stuff as far as being internally healthy and keeping your body toxin free, but I don't think that it is a cessity to become physically fit (not saying you implied that). I've also been drinking a glass of red wine per day along with dinner.

I've also started the whole red wine thing, though there seems to be a number of different opinions on just how healthy that actually is.

Most of the low cal stuff is worse than eating the normal stuff and is a serious long term health wrecker for sure.

Why'd you bold the solar stove thing?

Eating anything in moderation makes no sense.

I have always found the French Wine Paradox interesting. Americans just eat too much processed food. The French drink and smoke more than Americans, but they are better off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_paradox

I wouldn't call it a paradox. They're not eating food and drinking wine packed with as many chemicals. I think France just outlawed any and all Monsonto products too.

There is a move called Forks over Knives that everybody should watch.

Right beside the ****ing OCEAN!!!! haha

Funny that a conversation about real foods is taking place and then a picture of the worlds largest pool gets posted and it's right next to a beautiful ocean. :ols::

Not the Jersey shore mind you, but freaking Chili, one of the most beautiful places for ocean stuff. Irony.

15 Insane Theories About Movies And Television That Will Blow Your Mind

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/15-fan-theories-that-will-forever-change-the-way-y

The theory about OT's movies has pretty much been proven by him to be true. It will be interesting to see where Django: Unchained falls into his world. Will it be part of his world or a movie that his characters would go see?

When I went to Panama we stayed at a resort which had the 2nd largest pool in South America. The tour guide said the largest pool was in Chile.

---------- Post added May-31st-2012 at 11:34 AM ----------

Good article here about how humans have evolved their taste in food

http://chronicle.com/article/Why-Humans-Are-Crazy-for/131952/

At any run-of-the-mill Japanese restaurant in North America, the menu features such traditional items as tempura, tonkatsu, and kara-age chicken. This crispy trio has long had an important place in Japanese cuisine. But it is surprising to find out that all three are cultural borrowings, some dating back to time periods when Japan went to great lengths to isolate itself from foreign influences. The batter-frying tempura technique (used typically for vegetables and shrimp) was borrowed from Spanish and Portuguese missionaries and traders in the 15th and 16th centuries. Tonkatsu is a breaded pork cutlet, a version of the schnitzel from Germany and Central Europe, which was added to Japanese cuisine probably no later than the early part of the 20th century. Kara-age originally meant "Chinese frying" and refers to deep-frying foods that have been coated with corn starch.

Archived