Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

And your point is? Did you even read all of my post?
Most of it, yes. You made it sound like you had to have a good defense to win a championship. Thus why I posted the stat I did.

Normally, I'd agree with you. But the NFL has changed. If you have a great offense, you can get by with having a shoddy defense. The Packers and Patriots are likely to meet in the SB. Both have pretty inept defenses. Especially pass ones.

You know you've been doing this too long when there are people you only know as a poster, and only passingly even in that sense, and yet you can tell when they're drinking and posting vs when they're not, and even when it's not blatantly obvious.

You know you've been doing this too long when there are people you only know as a poster, and only passingly even in that sense, and yet you can tell when they're drinking and posting vs when they're not, and even when it's not blatantly obvious.

Sometimes coming on here makes me want to drink.

:pfft:

Where do full-time students and professionals find the time to be gamers? Like seriously, as I posted before in this thread, I have a ton of new (PS2) games. When the **** am I supposed to play them? Someone clue me in please.

Seriously, I'm of the student variety, and I barely have time to sleep, let alone play video games.

I'm not a "gamer", however I do spend a lot of time watching various sports at night. It doesn't hurt that I'm not obligated to any educational facility until 1/23, but even if I was, there are tricks of the trade you can learn to manipulate the system

And also, PS2 is outdated. Pick up 2k12 and PS3. I've been running a Lakers dynasty, Steve Blake going off :ols:

Not at all. That has to be one of the first quick kicks in NFL history since the 1930s or 1940s.

Being the "Leather Helmet Era" nostalgic cat that you are, I bet you almost blacked out when you saw it...

---------- Post added January-15th-2012 at 11:16 AM ----------

Most of it, yes. You made it sound like you had to have a good defense to win a championship. The Packers and Patriots are likely to meet in the SB. Both have pretty inept defenses. Especially pass ones.

I think the Pats will, solely because the AFC had a down year, and although the Texans have a Super Bowl defense, I still think they are limited with Yates.

The Packers haven't run the ball that well, which goes back to my "Balance" argument, which I've been banging the drum on for awhile.

I don't think the Pack can win this game throwing 60 passes, especially against the Giants pass rush, and especially with the way the Giants have been playing complete football on offense, which will allow them to control the clock.

If the Packer's D doesn't show up, and/or get turnovers, they will not win, and even if they DO win, they are in for a slugfest against SF.

If GB and NE face off in Indy, defense cancels out, and the better offense wins, since neither defense is good.

Was just at Subway about an hour ago. Some guy ordering in fronting of me was having a conversation about Tebow with the guy making his sub. Was saying all kinds of stupid ****. "I don't think Tebow's arm is strong enough"..."That kind of offense doesn't work in the NFL"...on and on. I seriously felt like asking the clown if he was saying those same things last week. Typical dumbass fan. He's lucky I was too hungry to be bothered with such foolishness.

How do you become a successful LEADER in the REAL WORLD?

Simmons calls this principle "The Secret" and says (quoting NBA-great Isiah Thomas), “The secret of basketball is that it’s not about basketball.”

The same principle applies to business. Talent is obviously important, but the ability to work together, check egos at the door, and make individual sacrifices when necessary is the only way a team succeeds.

Think about the business teams you’ve seen fail. Rarely was their failure due to a lack of talent or even the absence of a great idea. More often they failed because of personality conflicts, ego clashes, or competing agendas.

So is the secret of business that it’s not about business?

Not quite. Later in the book Simmons describes The Secret to Hall-of-Famer Bill Walton.

It’s not a secret as much as a choice... Look at the forces pushing you to make the other choice, the wrong choice. It’s all about you. It’s all about material acquisitions, physical gratifications, stats and highlights... And you wouldn’t even know otherwise unless you played with the right player or the right coach…. With a truly great coach, it’s not about a diagram, it’s not about a play, it’s not about a practice, it’s the course of time over history. It’s the impact a coach has on the lives around him.

That's why every great leader makes the same decision. Walton believes success at the highest level in basketball comes down to one question: "Can you make the choice that your happiness can come from someone else’s success?"

If you can make that decision you take the most important step towards becoming a great leader.

Hopefully Niners derail Giants momentum but shades of 2008 all over again

Bitterness over Giants not as bad as it was back then. No Giants homers making me mad this year.

Back then Giants homers would claim Tiki was HOF and I would openly laugh at them and mock their crappy club

BTW...last team to beat Giatns was Redskins. Kind of like 2007/08

I feel sick watching these dudes celebrate.

If both the Giants and Pats make it back to the Super Bowl, for the first time since they both faced off in one of the biggest upsets in NFL history, that will be a rematch of Ali/Frazier proportions, Talk about storylines...

And if the Giants win again, I will be pissed. Hopefully the Niners can kill the noise next week,, but I doubt it.

Archived