Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Well, been out of work for 10 weeks, got an offer 8 weeks ago, took it and am just starting tomorrow. Waited two months for my clearence. No issue on my part, found out that one person was left out of the email loop and that is why it took so long(Gov contract). Oh well. At least I'm back working. Gonna be hard getting up @ 6.30am!!!

The Emperor of Ice Cream by Wallace Stevens

Call the roller of big cigars,

The muscular one, and bid him whip

In kitchen cups concupiscent curds.

Let the wenches dawdle in such dress

As they are used to wear, and let the boys

Bring flowers in last month's newspapers.

Let be be finale of seem.

The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream.

Take from the dresser of deal,

Lacking the three glass knobs, that sheet

On which she embroidered fantails once

And spread it so as to cover her face.

If her horny feet protrude, they come

To show how cold she is, and dumb.

Let the lamp affix its beam.

The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream.

the Lions are a dirty team.
They are so undisciplined it's not even funny. I like Schwartz. But it's like he's too much of a player's coach at times. He needs to be all in these guys' faces. All of the penalties tonite were just ridiculous.

---------- Post added December-5th-2011 at 12:14 AM ----------

Kurt Busch has supposedly been fired by Penske Racing...:ols:

When are they going to come out with the Redskins "Play 60" commercial? I don't get the criticism about those commercials. Always bobbing my head like those players when they come on

Who criticizes these commercials? I like them! And I love in the Panthers commercial that the mascot is on the bus too, getting hyped just like everyone else.

The sad thing? I'm more pissed about the epic BCS fail than I am about the 'Skins losing again.

Did you even watch the game this week?

Who criticizes these commercials? I like them! And I love in the Panthers commercial that the mascot is on the bus too, getting hyped just like everyone else.

Like that Panthers commercial too.

Question: is the dude in the suit driving the bus somebody? Or is he just some random dude in a suit for the hell of it?

My ex and I are getting along better than we have in literally 10 years. It's been great for the kids, as we've done a lot more as a family, and they see us treating each other with love and respect. She's even brought up going to counseling, which is encouraging. I think that's a good idea, whether we consider getting back together or not. We're always going to be co-parents, and I think it would be helpful to understand each other better, to do the best possible job of working together to raise the kids.

I'm still VERY gunshy. As is common knowledge on the board, I've never had my guts shredded by someone the way that she managed to do (and I'm sure the reverse is true as well.) But I'm loving life right now. It's nice to have a beneficial relationship again with someone I care so deeply about. It'll be interesting to see where this chapter of my life goes.

The original, or the remake?

Wait nevermind, I think the original actually had a diff title, so it must be the newer version.

The one with Jake Gillenhall or whatever his name is. It was surprisingly interesting, while still being god awful. Maybe it's just because I'm still a tad drunk from last night. I hope so.

Archived