Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

It came in as a sort of brief interlude and solo between more extensive performances. I take it that this part of the bill must have run something like this:

"Grand Contested Election for the Presidency of the United States. "WHALING VOYAGE BY ONE ISHMAEL." "BLOODY BATTLE IN AFFGHANISTAN."

Though I cannot tell why it was exactly that those stage managers, the Fates, put me down for this shabby part of a whaling voyage, when others were set down for magnificent parts in high tragedies, and short and easy parts in genteel comedies, and jolly parts in farces- though I cannot tell why this was exactly; yet, now that I recall all the circumstances, I think I can see a little into the springs and motives which being cunningly presented to me under various disguises, induced me to set about performing the part I did, besides cajoling me into the delusion that it was a choice resulting from my own unbiased freewill and discriminating judgment.

Herman Melville, the GOAT American novelist.

How is sending a text easier than talking........
It just is.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 01:06 AM ----------

its quite sad how some people can't get over sean taylor's death when they didn't know him at all
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I don't go to the Stadium much. That **** drives me crazy. Also is nuts how most of them act like he's a Hall of Famer, or that his number should never be worn again. I'm embarrassed for those people.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 01:09 AM ----------

Just win baby! Tiger is back! can't wait for the masters!
:doh:

[/color]Yeah, that's one of the reasons I don't go to the Stadium much. That **** drives me crazy. Also is nuts how most of them act like he's a Hall of Famer, or that his number should never be worn again. I'm embarrassed for those people.

:doh:

Don't be embarrassed for me, save your emotions. I don't think like you and I am okay with that.

How much is a baggie of pot going for now?

1/2 a lid or a full? Columbian Gold or Brown Dirt?

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 11:09 AM ----------

i mean common some people still have the sean taylor thing in their sid and will name children after him, that is silly.

tumblr_kzifbfVMP01qaftwq.jpg

sf2k, I love ya man. You know that. But you couldn't be more wrong about those of us who still desperately miss ST. SWFL nailed it, IMO.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 11:18 AM ----------

NASCAR has such a short offseason :ols:

In like 3 months it'll start up all over again

God is good. :ols:

sf2k, I love ya man. You know that. But you couldn't be more wrong about those of us who still desperately miss ST. SWFL nailed it, IMO.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 11:18 AM ----------

God is good. :ols:

no i mean i miss him too but there is going overboard too. like having your car license plate 21 and having everything in your life related to sean taylor is a bit extreme

Who here has been to public bar before? I'm going tonight for a friends bday and was wondering what to expect?

i stopped there on my 21st bday to get buzzed before a comedy show at the dc improv - its pretty nice...3 levels i think, some hot bartenders. It wasnt super crowded when i was there though...probably because that was around 8pm. the rooftop deck was cool until it started raining.

i mean common some people still have the sean taylor thing in their sid and will name children after him, that is silly.
Dude, some even have TATS of the guy!:doh:

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 12:36 PM ----------

NASCAR has such a short offseason :ols:

In like 3 months it'll start up all over again

You got a problem with that?...:gang:

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 12:43 PM ----------

no i mean i miss him too but there is going overboard too. like having your car license plate 21 and having everything in your life related to sean taylor is a bit extreme
I'm completely with you on this. But if you notice, most of them are in their early 20s. Therefore, they've never really felt any good times with the Redskins. They never saw REAL legends like Riggins, Jurgenson, Green (in his prime), play.

Taylor was a good player, no doubt. Could have gone on to have a career like the guys mentioned above. But unfortunately, his playing career was cut short. There's no telling what kind of player he would have turned out to be. He could have turned into Roy Williams (the overrated former safety for the Boys). It's downright silly how some fans put him on such a high pedestal. Let the man RIP.

Dude, some even have TATS of the guy!:doh:

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 12:36 PM ----------

You got a problem with that?...:gang:

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 12:43 PM ----------

I'm completely with you on this. But if you notice, most of them are in their early 20s. Therefore, they've never really felt any good times with the Redskins. They never saw REAL legends like Riggins, Jurgenson, Green (in his prime), play.

Taylor was a good player, no doubt. Could have gone on to have a career like the guys mentioned above. But unfortunately, his playing career was cut short. There's no telling what kind of player he would have turned out to be. He could have turned into Roy Williams (the overrated former safety for the Boys). It's downright silly how some fans put him on such a high pedestal. Let the man RIP.

I mean i am in my early 20s too and sean taylor had the best potential out of any redskins to play but other players played at a higher level, aka chris samuels, champ, darrell green, stephen davis, clinton portis i could name a few

Archived