Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Just met my little brother for the first time (as in Big Brothers Big Sisters). He is a smart kid, 8 years old, and likes to joke around. But he is super ADHD, has a hard time following directions. I hope I didn't get myself into something I am not going to enjoy. In the long run though as long as I hang out with him and he enjoys the time together then I will feel good about it. He's had a rough life.

Thanks man. Well, I work for the company, so I met the kid during a match where he was gonna be paired with a Big Brother. It ended up being cancelled though, the volunteer didn't think they connected. That rarely happens. Anyway, I chatted with the kid for several minutes during that meeting alone and I kinda liked his personality. I didn't see the wild hyper side to him until tonight. Anyway, it sort of inspired me to become a Big Brother. I have worked with kids my whole career essentially, at group homes and rehab centers, and enjoy building relationships and being a positive influence. So I took it upon myself.

Without getting into too much detail the kid is 8 and white. Never knew his father, doesn't even have on on his birth certificate. Mom got hooked on crystal meth. Was homeless, probably got abused. Now lives with his grandma and older sister in West Hollywood. Regardless of all that he is really smart and has a good sense of humor. I kind of just wanna show him a good time, the beach, museums, Six Flags, etc. and hopefully teach him some important things. I'm just worried that he won't listen to me and will be all over the place. He does take Ritalin though, I'm gonna just be patient and firm and hope tonight was just an exception. Grandma said it was close to his bedtime haha he isn't usually like that. Anyway, we'll see how it progresses.

So commendable that you are willing and able to try to do the right thing by mentoring a young impressionable mind. Lots of respect for you and anyone that does what you do. I should be the one to Thank you.

Hopefully you can make the type of impact in this childs life that he will carry with him into his future.

I'm so tired of all the pressure of being single when graduate in a few weeks. Its like its frown upon to not have a serious girlfriend coming out of college who will eventually be the one you marry. Plus its not cool when you go out to a bowling with your bro and just because you don't socialize with every female chick there he says "do you want to be alone forever?" Thanks bro....thanks a bunch.

Don't be a loner bro go get laid. Just go talk to everyone that way your friends get off your back. Who knows maybe you will find someone you like.

Right now its just simply I haven't found the right one yet. I'm actually quite social. Not as much at a bowling alley but thats because I take bowling a bit seriously when I go there to practice. I'm usually there to improve my throw rather than chat up female bartenders and such. Its just when now my own family is getting on my case by making a comment like that(given he had been drinking a bit). I believe day I'll find the right girl(hopefully a Skins fan ;) ) but for now the friends and family need to chill with the "graduation girlfriend pressure" junk.

It's easier being single and to me it was tons less pressure.
This makes no sense.

---------- Post added December-1st-2011 at 03:10 AM ----------

Right now its just simply I haven't found the right one yet. I'm actually quite social. Not as much at a bowling alley but thats because I take bowling a bit seriously when I go there to practice. I'm usually there to improve my throw rather than chat up female bartenders and such. Its just when now my own family is getting on my case by making a comment like that(given he had been drinking a bit). I believe day I'll find the right girl(hopefully a Skins fan ;) ) but for now the friends and family need to chill with the "graduation girlfriend pressure" junk.
Dude, you've got to stop worrying about this stuff. You're way too young to be focused on something like this. Yeah, it's a bit insensitive when family and friends make comments about you being single. But you just have to put them in check. But do it in a polite way. You can't come off as being offended. Tell them something like: "I just haven't found the right girl yet. But when I do, I'll be sure to let you know all about it". Sooner or later they will take the hint, and stop asking.

This makes no sense.

---------- Post added December-1st-2011 at 03:10 AM ----------

Dude, you've got to stop worrying about this stuff. You're way too young to be focused on something like this. Yeah, it's a bit insensitive when family and friends make comments about you being single. But you just have to put them in check. But do it in a polite way. You can't come off as being offended. Tell them something like: "I just haven't found the right girl yet. But when I do, I'll be sure to let you know all about it". Sooner or later they will take the hint, and stop asking.

I don't worry about it. I'm focused right on finishing my last semester and finding a good job. However when my bro said that comment I'm thinking "you should shut up" . My bro(about 6 yrs older) and his girl nearly engaged but they went through a lot of crap before getting to where they are now. Being dragged up to a young bartender by your bro without knowing what's going on only to realize he's trying spark something is just demeaning. I came there to bowl. If I want to meet random people there's shockoe bottom. There angry rant finished.

Being dragged up to a young bartender by your bro without knowing what's going on only to realize he's trying spark something is just demeaning. I came there to bowl.

If it's awkward for you, think about how awkward it is for the bartender, who just came there to work...

---------- Post added December-1st-2011 at 08:52 AM ----------

Oh man, I remember that game. Del Greco got so much crap

Also vaguely remember Ray Lewis pick six, it's been way too long ago

I don't care how much flak I take for this, but the Ravens don't win that Super Bowl if Dilfer wasn't the quarterback. Had he stayed they probably would have repeated because I don't think the Rams or Patriots wanted no part of the Ravens.....

The team wasn't the same the next year

Don't remember QB after that (Grbac :ols:) but there's no sure way that you could say they could have repeated had Dilfer returned

Everyone got older and Siragusa retired, they still would have made playoffs but probably would have lost

I'm so tired of all the pressure of being single when graduate in a few weeks. Its like its frown upon to not have a serious girlfriend coming out of college who will eventually be the one you marry. Plus its not cool when you go out to a bowling with your bro and just because you don't socialize with every female chick there he says "do you want to be alone forever?" Thanks bro....thanks a bunch.

the thing I hate is when your friend's girlfriends try to set you up with all of their ugly ass friends.

Archived