Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I just saw a MLS highlight on SportsCenter. Are their goals smaller than the women's WC goals?

I don't think so, but some MLS teams use the crappy looking goals which just set on the field. They may look smaller bc the net isn't held up by wires in the back as they were in the WC (and many MLS) goals.

Edit for a better pic of the 2nd style

28547842:jpeg_preview_large.jpg?20110211223015

vs

img_7733_dc-united-vs-la-galaxy-0-1-goal-magee.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how you miss that many chances to score a goal. And 3 of them were handed to you on a silver platter.

Good on Japan though. They had fewer chances than we did but they took great advantage of theirs.

I keep replaying the game in my head. The things we could have done different. I guess its time to focus back on DCU. At least Man UTD will be playing again soon. Watch them get massacred by Barcelona again in the Finals. Every team I root for has to disappoint me :( Hopefully the Kickers can keep the streak going. Two more wins and they get the US Open Cup. If they lose at this point I'm gonna be crushed.(Theres a good possibility of them losing though being a USL teams facing MLS teams, but hey they beat two already when the MLS teams were using their starters. In fact we beat Sporting KC 2-0 without our best scorer. First team to beat them in the new stadium. Boy were they pissed. Richmond's team is one of the USL teams that can consistently beat MLS teams.)

I was a ball girl for the Kickers a few times growing up :) I used to see them when they played over at the U of R stadium. I hear they don't play over there anymore.

It was renamed city stadium when U of R left last year. Attendance is around 3-4k(depends on weather) a game now. I stand in the "CornerKicks" supporter section. They need a new stadium but the AA team here will fight them to the death for one. They are a great team at home. I try to come up to a few DCU games a year with some friends (usually $15 college nights). I brought two friends who has never been to a real game to some Kicker games and then the DCU-Dynamo game recently. They turned into soccer fans after that. Now they come to like every Kickers game and follow DCU on online streams.

It was renamed city stadium when U of R left last year. Attendance is around 3-4k(depends on weather) a game now. I stand in the "CornerKicks" supporter section. They need a new stadium but the AA team here will fight them to the death for one. They are a great team at home. I try to come up to a few DCU games a year with some friends (usually $15 college nights). I brought two friends who has never been to a real game to some Kicker games and then the DCU-Dynamo game recently. They turned into soccer fans after that. Now they come to like every Kickers game and follow DCU on online streams.

Yea there is usually a pretty good Richmond contigent at DCU home games. This Wednesday is college night. Wish I could go but it's kind of a hike for a Wed night when I have to work on Thursday :( I gotta stick to weekend games now.

One day I will get back to a Kickers game. CornerKicks though? Haha. I also wanna get to a Flying Squirrels game though I'm still bitter they're not called the Rock Hoppers.

Yea there is usually a pretty good Richmond contigent at DCU home games. This Wednesday is college night. Wish I could go but it's kind of a hike for a Wed night when I have to work on Thursday :( I gotta stick to weekend games now.

One day I will get back to a Kickers game. CornerKicks though? Haha. I also wanna get to a Flying Squirrels game though I'm still bitter they're not called the Rock Hoppers.

Everyone here thought Hambones would win but the team threw they name out due to potential race issues. Squirrels get a great attendance. They took the attendance title from the 10 time attendance leader(Reading Phillies) last year. They usually have about 8,000 there(sells out a lot on weekends). They really fixed up the diamond too. They added in a nice store(Squirrels Nest) that has about every thing you could put the logo on. I get a kick out of the shirt that says " I'm just a Squirrel trying to get a nut". They even refer to the Diamond affectionately as the "Nuthouse". Richmond is definitely a baseball city. There's a fair amount of soccer fans here though. Football hasn't taken off here though cuz there's no real team(only indoor minor teams). One of the indoor teams did sell out basically every game last year but now they really suck.

Archived