Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I actually agree. Its a stupid phrase. Its almost as if the person doesn't have anything to add to the conversation, so they just go with that.

Yep.

And personally I find the concept that there's a reason for every single thing that's ever occurred in the history of the universe to be laughable and at times offensive.

I'm going to slap the next person that says that something "just wasn't meant to be".

That phrase doesn't bother me too much.

I'm much more critical of people over-using "it is what it is." Oh, it is what it is huh? Thanks, that's a really worthwhile take on the situation.

(Even though I'm guilty of saying it myself once in awhile)

I'm much more critical of people over-using "it is what it is." Oh, it is what it is huh? Thanks, that's a really worthwhile take on the situation.

I mean, I use it as "Nothing you can do about it, just have to accept it" but yeah, its kind of a pathetic addition to a conversation.

I was just reminded about it because I was talking to a girl that I'd been interested in (actually the interest was mutual) and things didn't work out because of her being a woman and being totally irrational...and when I tried to figure out what exactly she was upset about she told me and eventually it boiled down to "everything happens for a reason" and "it wasn't meant to be" and that drives me crazy.

Saying it wasn't meant to be is a cop out. So is "everything happens for a reason"...because it doesn't.

You should listen to John Fox at the post-game pressers. He says that **** pretty much every time. Terrible.

still sad about the game.:(

I'm still trying to figure out how you miss that many chances to score a goal. And 3 of them were handed to you on a silver platter.

Good on Japan though. They had fewer chances than we did but they took great advantage of theirs.

Archived