Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Hows your Mom?

My sister told me not any better. I was too much in an ill mood with hearing about my grandma yesterday and then going to the ER with my mom and them telling me to wait in the waiting room for 30 ****ing minutes past midnight while they did something to her. -__- That didn't make me feel any better.

I'm on the phone with her now, and she sounds better, but still nowhere near 100%. She's got an infection in her small intestine and they're giving her antibiotics so hopefully they knock it out asap. Can't handle if it gets any worse.

I was going to do History at UMD until I found that out as well...its ****ing bull****. I ended up with a minor instead

This is the first time they mentioned it. Something about collateral or something? not cool. I thought I had a year and now I got to December to have **** in order. this sucks. I'm glad to be graduating but this is kind of unexpected. urgh

---------- Post added April-19th-2011 at 12:01 PM ----------

Damn, that sucks for you guys. Foreign languages in high school were the bane of my existence. Failed Spanish in 8th grade so took French. I missed out on the IB diploma because I wouldn't have made it through 4 years of learning French.

The last year of Spanish sucked. I made it through with a B but it really SUCKED

My sister told me not any better. I was too much in an ill mood with hearing about my grandma yesterday and then going to the ER with my mom and them telling me to wait in the waiting room for 30 ****ing minutes past midnight while they did something to her. -__- That didn't make me feel any better.

I'm on the phone with her now, and she sounds better, but still nowhere near 100%. She's got an infection in her small intestine and they're giving her antibiotics so hopefully they knock it out asap. Can't handle if it gets any worse.

Damn man. I guess if life's going to **** on you, might as well make it a **** storm and get it all out of the way at once.

I just found out I graduate next semester instead of next spring:rubeyes::yikes::twitch:

I was suppose to graduate with a History and CRJS degree but VCU history shafted me because they said I have to take another 2-3 years of foreign language. I already took like 4 in HS. It's not even in the damn requirements page. I had to look it up before I finally found anything. Now I'll just graduate in CRJS with a history minor(despite basically having the requirements minus the foreign language). On top of that my year plan has now been F ed so I need a half year plan.:tantrum::puke::rubeyes::twitch::pooh::shot::slap::nutkick::thud:

I'm confused, are you complaining about graduating early?? I would think that'd be awesome news.

he was trying to double major....now its just a major and a minor

I see that, though if I was him I wouldn't be concerned with that. I don't think you will lose out on a job bc you only had one major. It sucks that the dept wasn't clear about their requirements though.

I think he's complaining that he now has take all the classes he has left in a single semester, when he was planning to have two semesters to finish.

I guess that makes sense. Though why not just spread the classes into 2 semesters?

Sorry to hear about your mom and your grandmother.

My mom's going in to the hospital for a hernia operation next week.

It looks like it won't be as serious as she was worried a few days ago, so she shouldn't have to stay in the hospital.

My grandmother on the other hand has been in and out of the hospital the last few months with a low blood count.

The cancer that was supposed to be cleared up a few months back has returned and doctors don't think the chemotherapy she's taking will have a huge chance of helping her. The word is that if the chemotherapy doesn't do anything much, she won't last more than 6 months.

Found this all out the last couple of weeks.

She's not in great shape physically either, with hearing and vision problems, and being mostly unable to chew things.

Also somewhat disturbing was that while I was visiting her this weekend, she kept on insisting on having the heat up really high..

She kept complaining how cold it was everywhere, even though it was fairly warm. (she's always hated the heat too)

Personally I don't know how she can stand it. I was having trouble breathing, myself.

Sorry to unload this here, guys. I just kind of needed to get it out.

I see that, though if I was him I wouldn't be concerned with that. I don't think you will lose out on a job bc you only had one major. It sucks that the dept wasn't clear about their requirements though.

I looked it up - CRJS is criminal justice....so unless he had crazy good grades or he wants to be a Po-Po, his options are limited. The second major would definitely help.

This is coming from a crim major at UMD....the job market sucks from crim majors....they lie so much about the options available - the FBI and CIA wont hire you unless you are a linguist or engineer

I looked it up - CRJS is criminal justice....so unless he had crazy good grades or he wants to be a Po-Po, his options are limited. The second major would definitely help.

This is coming from a crim major at UMD....the job market sucks from crim majors....they lie so much about the options available - the FBI and CIA wont hire you unless you are a linguist or engineer

Very few places actually hire you based on your major unless you majored in engineering or computer science or the like. I have heard the same complaints from other criminal justice majors though. I was a poli sci major and would have had a much easier time finding a job related to that if I had a 2nd language or a regional focus. You have to have the work experience or technical skills to have any kind of advantage.

Very few places actually hire you based on your major unless you majored in engineering or computer science or the like. I have heard the same complaints from other criminal justice majors though. I was a poli sci major and would have had a much easier time finding a job related to that if I had a 2nd language or a regional focus. You have to have the work experience or technical skills to have any kind of advantage.

Yep, that's the great thing about Computer Science (which is my major). There's not enough CS majors so there are tons of jobs out there.

:doh:

I should have become an overpaid worthless lawyer (and whored myself out to the GOP).

:ols:

Republicans paying $575 an hour to defend DOMA

House Republicans issued a contract today to pay former Solicitor General Paul Clement $575 an hour, up to $500,000 to defend the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act. Sacramento Rep. Dan Lungren, chair of the House Administration Committee and a big supporter of the idea, signed the contract.

Republicans claim they will take the money out of the Justice Department's budget, as if that will hold taxpayers harmless. But a cost is a cost and taxpayers will pay it either way. Any funds removed from DOJ are funds removed from other work.

Drew Hammill, spokesman for House minority leader Nancy Pelosi said, "The hypocrisy of this legal boondoggle is mind-blowing."

But it's great bait for social conservatives whose support the GOP needs to shore up.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/nov05election/detail?entry_id=87338#ixzz1K06bzDrC

I cant believe you have to use a dating site when you have your parents who will do all the work for you :doh:

go find a hot ass Patel or something...I've met plenty, its too bad I'm not brown or I probably would have been married already :ols:

haha i have found 0. maybe its because i dont hang out with the indian crowd at all.

:doh:

I should have become an overpaid worthless lawyer (and whored myself out to the GOP).

:ols:

Republicans paying $575 an hour to defend DOMA

House Republicans issued a contract today to pay former Solicitor General Paul Clement $575 an hour, up to $500,000 to defend the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act. Sacramento Rep. Dan Lungren, chair of the House Administration Committee and a big supporter of the idea, signed the contract.

Republicans claim they will take the money out of the Justice Department's budget, as if that will hold taxpayers harmless. But a cost is a cost and taxpayers will pay it either way. Any funds removed from DOJ are funds removed from other work.

Drew Hammill, spokesman for House minority leader Nancy Pelosi said, "The hypocrisy of this legal boondoggle is mind-blowing."

But it's great bait for social conservatives whose support the GOP needs to shore up.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/nov05election/detail?entry_id=87338#ixzz1K06bzDrC

Hey Repubs, defend this :finger:

Archived