Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

50 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

3 of my dogs got bitten by a snake this morning playing in the backyard. 4k for tests, treatment and overnight stay/observation. Anyone know an effective way to snake proof a yard?

I keep Dancer on the leash and away from bushes around here. If she was bit by a rattlesnake, she'd probably die because she's so small. 

Sorry to hear about your dogs, hope they all pull through.

Only thing I know of is to cut it regularly so your grass doesnt get too high and they can't hide with stuff like ticks, spiders, etc holing up after awhile.

We have Widows here, and likely deer ticks, with the abundance of deer in the area. Killed a pretty damn big black snake last week as well, hiding in the grass next to me as I got out of my car in the driveway (then it raised up) and just by chance, the lawn people came the very next day.

Thankfully Im pretty sure the only thing to worry about around here is the copperhead, though, im sure you dont want your dogs being bitten by anything at all.

36 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I keep Dancer on the leash and away from bushes around here. If she was bit by a rattlesnake, she'd probably die because she's so small. 

Sorry to hear about your dogs, hope they all pull through.

Worst part about having little dogs are the threats. Owls, Hawks, snakes, spiders, and worst of all - people.

People who kidnap pets need to get their junk sliced off with the backside of a butter knife.

29 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Gotta get your mind right and find a way to love all the seasons. Otherwise half/most of the year is a slog.

I don't mind Fall. I really only hate Winter, in particular January-February(at least December you have Christmas/holidays).

Its definitely overrated. But still one of the more iconic franchises ever.

2 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

I love all the seasons....

but summer, spring and fall ALWAYS seem too short.... and Winter always feels too long.

True Fall feels practically nonexistent these days. Certainly not what I remember as a kid moving here from Florida

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Its definitely overrated. But still one of the more iconic franchises ever.

True Fall feels practically nonexistent these days. Certainly not what I remember as a kid moving here from Florida

If you can swing it, drive through the Pennsylvania mountains in peak fall. It's absolutely stunning. I-80 from New York until (south of) Erie is a beautiful drive. 

Archived