Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

ok here's a real random thought:

does anyone here think that Cari Champion being on first take and leaving for sportscenter (jay crawford too for that matter) is actually sort of a step down, even though I'm sure technically it's not.  

She definitely gave the show a bit more legitimacy, and she was actually called upon to give input all the time, unlike the girl who is there now and while serviceable seems more just like a host instead of being the 3rd member. 

Now, she's just on an afternoon Sportscenter next to whoever it might be (looks like Chris McKendry recently) and doesn't always get 2 hours a day on screen and as sad as it is, Sportscenter wanted to be First Take all along so it's almost like she's on the knockoff version of her real show.

If some crazy virus infects the world taking out only starting NFL players (altered strain similar to the TV show Jeramiah) then we are golden.

It could happen.....damn I watch too much TV.

Good point. I'll shut up now.

Hail no! I'm happy with the wins too, even preseason. I don't care if they mean nothing. I just wish the starters would show up before the 2nd/3rd string hit the field.

man, stayed up 'til 2 watching the redskins game.  Not that I've always defended Robert, but I've always held out hope that he'd figure it out.  I know the line and playcalling wasn't helping him any, but he looked so scared and lost out there.  Now again, when you're hit on the first 6 out of 8 drop backs, i get you'll be a little spooked.  But Robert spinning right into Scherff...my god man.  pocket presence blows.  he's slow to read the d after the snap....

This might be it, man.  Robert still starts week 1, but whether it's due to injury or just too many boo birds, he might not make it to mid-season :(

I hate Haloti Ngata so much.  ****ing piece of ****.

I've been one of the strongest RG3 supporters. He gets 4-6 regular season games and then I think I'm done.

I think I'm done already. I know the line is bad, but I just don't know how much longer I can stand behind him.

Like I said, even pre-snap, before the play is even ran, the offense seems to operate more smoothly.

Do any of you think that the O-Line isn't blocking for RG3 on purpose and/or Gruden isn't calling plays to move the pocket on purpose?

I think the OL was just bad last night. But Gruden's play calling for RG3 left a lot to be desired.

When you see your QB getting killed back there, you need to call plays to move the pocket around and give him some time. Somehow, all those plays were called when McCoy/Cousins came into the game.

I dont want to be done with him but im with Springfield...i cant take another whole season of this...and at this rate he will be lucky to make it 3-4 games. 

I think the OL was just bad last night. But Gruden's play calling for RG3 left a lot to be desired.

When you see your QB getting killed back there, you need to call plays to move the pocket around and give him some time. Somehow, all those plays were called when McCoy/Cousins came into the game.

Gruden is just trying too hard to make Robert something he is not. He needs to swallow his pride and adjust what he wants to do. But i fear its too late for that.  

The funny part is, other than the *pass blocking and RG3, I really really like the rest of the team.

I'm loving the front seven right now and I haven't even seen them with Kerrigan and Gallette yet. Love Preston Smith man. Dude is going to be nice for us.

That secondary is hella suspect though. Hopefully getting Breeland back will help out a lot.

I think I'm done already. I know the line is bad, but I just don't know how much longer I can stand behind him.

Like I said, even pre-snap, before the play is even ran, the offense seems to operate more smoothly.

The only reason I'm not done yet is because I don't think it's fair to judge based on preseason alone. I want to give him as long a leash as I possibly can.

Haha!

I hear you. That secondary has me worried too.

The secondary has at least an excuse missing Breeland and Hall.

The offensive line didn't have Trent last night. But no one looked good.

Haven't been impressed at all by Gruden's play calling for Griffin.

Re: Play calling. I'd hope that Gruden's play calling serves as a test of player's skills and not a fundamental basis of how games will be called when it really counts. That's really my optimistic excuse for the lackluster first team offense.

I understand wanting to get Griff comfortable in the pocket during preseason, but when you see the OL playing as poorly as it was last night, you have to do something to give him more time back there. Call some rollouts, some read option, more plays from the Shotgun. Just do something different.

man, i can see the ESPN 30/30 trailer now:

"What if I told you that a quarterback who won the Heisman in college, and then went onto the NFL and won ROTY and won his division as a rookie.....never had another winning season?  "ESPN's 30/30, Robert Griffin:  A Fall From Grace."   :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

and during the trailer/commercial, they show the 70 yard TD run against Minnesota and the 4th & 10 miracle conversion against the Giants.   :( :(

Lot of rumblings that this could be Kaepernick's last year in SF also. I'm not advocating it, but I could easily see him in Washington next year if true.

Id rather have a career pro style qb. Tired of these pistol/spread gumps that are struggling in the league.

If the season goes the way I think it does, we will be picking top 10. I don't see any beasts out there at QB right now, but every CFB season yields surprises. We'll see.

I doubt Gruden will be the coach picking that player btw. He was a mistake hire here.

Jared Goff and Connor Cook are pretty solid QB's this year. Not to mention Cardale Jones, Christian Hackenberg, and Cody Kessler.

Personally, I thought Goff was NFL ready after his first few games as a true Freshmen at Cal. He could make all of the throws then. He just plays in a gimmicky run and shoot offense. 

Jared Goff and Connor Cook are pretty solid QB's this year. Not to mention Cardale Jones, Christian Hackenberg, and Cody Kessler.

Personally, I thought Goff was NFL ready after his first few games as a true Freshmen at Cal. He could make all of the throws then. He just plays in a gimmicky run and shoot offense. 

Goff looks good.

Cook and Hackenburg have very underwhelming stats.  For instance, they are both under 60% completion percentage for their career.

Cardale Jones?- 3 games does not a quarterback make.  He'd have to actually get the starting nod over the other 2 and then actually show consistency for a whole season.

Kessler has improved the most from year to year.  Check his stats out. They are pretty amazing how the good stuff continues to go up and the bad stuff continues to go down. I know USC QBs have traditionally underwhelmed in the NFL, but I think this guy is legit.

The one I want to look at is Kevin Hogan at Stanford.  He took over for Luck and they are running the same system. He's been above average in his career, so I'd like to see him take it to the next level.  He's has all the tools like Goff.

Archived