Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Robert's fall from grace. Wife leaves him, takes the kid and half the money. Robert turns to alcohol to soothe his pains. Here we find Robert at the bottom of a bottle, chasing hookers and blow.

That would make for a crazy 30 for 30.

Oh, goodness! I can see it now, RG3 looking like Barney from the Simpsons in the independent film festival episode:

md8E9is.gif

The RGIII apologists really are getting to the point of lunacy where Ernie Grunfeld was when he gave Gilbert Arenas a $100 million extension. The Stadium is a place I avoid but I can't help myself now.

That was all Abe Pollin, you know that. Knowing he wasn't long for this world and saying **** it, it's not going to work, it's a long shot at best, but it's our only shot. Abe gave us **** for years, that was a selfish move, but hey, he did so much for this city, single handedly revitalized an entire section of a small city (the city itself, not the larger metro area) and he told the GOAT to go **** himself to save the team. That was some balls. I'll never bash Abe. Not now anyway.

But yeah, my interest in the Skins is the weakest it's been in my quarter-century of legit Fandom. I don't know man. It's just a combination of things. I just have no hope. And taking a guard 5th overall and watching him get absolutely manhandled

...where am I supposed to be getting hope from? Just having a guy with the title GM doesn't give me hope. I mean goddamn I'm currently more apathetic than I ever was about the Bullets/Wiz. You've been there with me on them too. Think about that. I mean damn. Any lower and I'm not a fan anymore (that'll never happen)

That was all Abe Pollin, you know that. Knowing he wasn't long for this world and saying **** it, it's not going to work, it's a long shot at best, but it's our only shot. Abe gave us **** for years, that was a selfish move, but hey, he did so much for this city, single handedly revitalized an entire section of a small city (the city itself, not the larger metro area) and he told the GOAT to go **** himself to save the team. That was some balls. I'll never bash Abe. Not now anyway.

But yeah, my interest in the Skins is the weakest it's been in my quarter-century of legit Fandom. I don't know man. It's just a combination of things. I just have no hope. And taking a guard 5th overall and watching him get absolutely manhandled

...where am I supposed to be getting hope from? Just having a guy with the title GM doesn't give me hope. I mean goddamn I'm currently more apathetic than I ever was about the Bullets/Wiz. You've been there with me on them too. Think about that. I mean damn. Any lower and I'm not a fan anymore (that'll never happen)

Looking forward to October when Wiz / Capitals seasons kicks off. Especially the Capitals, they could win it all this year.

They're both pretty much the same thing... Though you could say that tactics are part of a strategy. The strategy is where those tactics are planned?

Just watching some documentary to kill some time before heading back out. Talking about the coming of the Age of the Bomber, starting with the civil war in Spain. Got to the Luftwaffe and said Goering ****ed up by thinking tactically with their bombers (smaller, dive bomber types, not the long-range, giant flying fortress types like you saw with the Allies) and not strategically. That's the context of the question. I mean I know what they're saying, just the wording threw me off

God I loved RG3 so much in 2012 but the more i see him, Mike S and Kyle were right in the way they handled him.  They pretty much knew that this kid couldn't read a defense and made an offense where it was a single read and to use his legs as a added weapon

Looking forward to October when Wiz / Capitals seasons kicks off. Especially the Capitals, they could win it all this year.

:rotflmao:

Caps win it all?  What have you been smoking?  They'll just choke away another 3-1 series lead in the playoffs like they've done more than any other team in the history of the NHL.  They are the NHL epitome of the saying "always a bridesmaid, never a bride."

:rotflmao:

Caps win it all?  What have you been smoking?  They'll just choke away another 3-1 series lead in the playoffs like they've done more than any other team in the history of the NHL.  They are the NHL epitome of the saying "always a bridesmaid, never a bride."

I said they "could." The Red Sox lost for 86 years. We're only halfway there ... almost. I'm hoping each series gets to 2-2 and then Justin Williams takes over.

Do I expect them to? No, and I never will. They could be up 3-0 with a 4 goal lead in the Final and I'd wait for the three-goal barrage to l et the other team back into the game before Holtby comes out of his crease for no reason and gives up the tying goal.

But a man can dream.

Okay.

Thanks for confirming you read my post. Helpful.

The RGIII apologists really are getting to the point of lunacy where Ernie Grunfeld was when he gave Gilbert Arenas a $100 million extension. The Stadium is a place I avoid but I can't help myself now.

Weren't you around when all the Bullets/Wizards fans thought Gil could walk on water ?

I see some backpedaling going on these days. Some even defended the gun incident, the injuries, etc.

Priceless memories.

I just don't get hockey. I don't get why Ovie is the first player and only player to score more than 60 goals in the 21st Century when it was done 25 times in the 80's and 90's. I asked a HUGE Caps fan I know (my Stepdad) why Gretzky almost scored 100 goals and now 50 is a big deal. He said back then the goalies wore **** for equipment, that they are so much better today. But last week, no lie, I was actually watching replays of Edmonton Finals games from the 80's on the NHL Network or whatever. Goalies didn't seem that much differently equipped then they are now. The game just seemed so much faster, so much smoother and fluid. If they played like that today, it would definitely be easier for me to get into hockey finally.

I just don't get hockey. I don't get why Ovie is the first player and only player to score more than 60 goals in the 21st Century when it was done 25 times in the 80's and 90's. I asked a HUGE Caps fan I know (my Stepdad) why Gretzky almost scored 100 goals and now 50 is a big deal. He said back then the goalies wore **** for equipment, that they are so much better today. But last week, no lie, I was actually watching replays of Edmonton Finals games from the 80's on the NHL Network or whatever. Goalies didn't seem that much differently equipped then they are now. The game just seemed so much faster, so much smoother and fluid. If they played like that today, it would definitely be easier for me to get into hockey finally.

Hugh increase in size of goalie equipment (and quality) and a growth of the overall size of goalies (athletically and skill wise). Additionally, there has been a large advancement of defensive tactics.

To completely flip the topic, been watching this new show Evolution of Evil. Mentioned it in the TV thread. Basically little one-hour mini biographies on the evil dictators of the 20th Century. Six episodes so far. In order...

1. Qaddaffi (no idea why they started with him)

2. Hitler

3. Stalin

4. Tojo

5. Mao

6. Saddam

I'm sorry but Sadam might be the most evil man of the 20th Century. I mean don't get me wrong, the rest of those are some real pieces of ****, some monsters. But the **** they did, they did for a reason. I mean even the Holocaust had a longtime political doctrine behind it (antisemitism). Saddam on the other hand just did **** to do ****. Because he could. Like Stalin is just short of Satan starving millions of Ukrainians to death. But I don't think he got pleasure out of it. Saddam was basically jerking off to gassing the Iranians or Kurds (something not even Hitler ever did, use chemical weapons--though I've never gotten a sufficient answer for why not. Especially when **** flipped against him in Russia.)

Much more important than equipment changes in goalies is a new way of playing goalie. Before they were "stand up" goalies and relied on quick reflexes to make saves. But then came Patrick Roy and introduced us to the Butterfly style of goaltending, which focuses heavily on taking away the angle and coming out to eat up as much of the net as possible, and going down into the butterfly position, which has both leg-pads flat on the ice taking up the lower part of the net. Goalie leg-pads are tied very loosely now up top which allows them to rotate and face outward while in the butterfly position instead of laying flat on the ice. As for how equipment has changed, the leg pads have changed a bit to better suit the butterfly style; they're designed to better cover the 5-hole when in butterfly position. And in general, goalie pads are MUCH lighter now than they were back in the day.

Archived