Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I mean, season was already lost in my opinion but Griffin getting destroyed (or showing that he can't NOT be destroyed) kinda solidified it. Cousins or McCoy can come in but it's a forgone conclusion that those options end in disaster.

Oh well.

Draft o line and then draft our true franchise QB. I guess.

I mean, season was already lost in my opinion but Griffin getting destroyed (or showing that he can't NOT be destroyed) kinda solidified it. Cousins or McCoy can come in but it's a forgone conclusion that those options end in disaster.

Oh well.

If I had to bet, thats probably what ends up happening.

A friend of mine once went through 4 categories of people. It was actually kind of fun. One of them was: " Incompetently Incompetent." They don't know what they don't know.   

Just sayin'. :) 

Almost never. Would like to see it used for play action and just a regular ol running play. Much like how Philly uses it.

Why have they changed what worked with him? It kept defenses super hesitant, we were putting up 30 points. It'd fake the cameras out for gods sake. I thought it would be the style to use with Rob for the rest of his career. Maybe because his knee makes him less of a running threat? Think they're trying to turn him in to a traditional QB, and it's just not working out.

There's this hot chick that works at the gas station down the street.  Almost asked her out right now but chickened out.  Damn....next time...maybe.   :unsure:

It also bothers me that I turned 33 last week and she is no older than 22.  Ah well...if not now then never.

Oh well.

I agree with this.  We've sort of been drafting o line the past few years though (not enough).  Unfortunately a lot of them turn out to be trash - 3rd round draft pick on Josh LeRibeus are you joking me?  3rd rounder on Spencer Long?  Still hoping Moses turns into something.

There's this hot chick that works at the gas station down the street.  Almost asked her out right now but chickened out.  Damn....next time...maybe.   :unsure:

It also bothers me that I turned 33 last week and she is no older than 22.  Ah well...if not now then never.

22 year old chicks want mani pedi's and someone to pay for them.  Scared to ask them to be pampered is a real fail.

Why have they changed what worked with him? It kept defenses super hesitant, we were putting up 30 points. It'd fake the cameras out for gods sake. I thought it would be the style to use with Rob for the rest of his career. Maybe because his knee makes him less of a running threat? Think they're trying to turn him in to a traditional QB, and it's just not working out.

Last I remember Gruden said read option is a gimmick offense. So he doesn't want to run it.

1. He's not that fast anymore. He can't outrun D Linemen. Ds aren't scared of his speed anymore and are perfectly willing to give him 5 yards when he runs.

2. He doesn't want to run it. He's said over and over he wants to be a pocket QB.

3. He's too injury prone. He'll get killed running it for 16 games. Though in fairness he gets killed no matter what he does. Guy is just frail and has no idea how to minimize damage when getting hit.

Last I remember Gruden said read option is a gimmick offense. So he doesn't want to run it.

Was thinking that too. Like, defenses would catch on and start blowing it up. I can see what he means, but it still worked. To me, you do it until somebody actually does start to defend it. Think it's a travesty that we had one year with it, and it was our best offense in 21 years.

There's this hot chick that works at the gas station down the street. Almost asked her out right now but chickened out. Damn....next time...maybe. :unsure:

It also bothers me that I turned 33 last week and she is no older than 22. Ah well...if not now then never.

Looks like I was right after all. :)

Was thinking that too. Like, defenses would catch on and start blowing it up. I can see what he means, but it still worked. To me, you do it until somebody actually does start to defend it. Think it's a travesty that we had one year with it, and it was our best offense in 21 years.

I agree. Chip Kelly was using Nick ****ing Foles in the read option offense with success. But I'm sure Gruden knows best. :mellow:

1. He's not that fast anymore. He can't outrun D Linemen. Ds aren't scared of his speed anymore and are perfectly willing to give him 5 yards when he runs.

2. He doesn't want to run it. He's said over and over he wants to be a pocket QB.

3. He's too injury prone. He'll get killed running it for 16 games. Though in fairness he gets killed no matter what he does. Guy is just frail and has no idea how to minimize damage when getting hit.

I think he can run less and still be effective with it. That crazy fake handoff pulled the linebackers in like crazy for easy passes over their heads. Think it'd buy him time too, with the d-linemen unsure if Alfred took the handoff. I know RG would get blown up on runs, he's not as fast, and nobody wants to run it apparently, fine, but damn man - he doesn't do ANYTHING out there. 2012 is going to be a one-off of a miraculous offense because we assume it won't work anymore.

So I watched all the plays Griffin had tonight. How are people criticizing Griffin for that? Seriously. I don't understand what they expected him to do when his first down was a drop by Roberts, his completions are called back due to penalties, and the OL took a collective **** right on the football field. RG3 was leveled multiple times before he could even complete his drop. There is no blaming the QB in that situation, that happens when a lineman was no better than a cardboard cutout. 

I can understand blaming him for the fumbles. Doesn't matter if it's raining, you gotta hold onto the ball. But everything else? It just shows how little people understand of what is happening on the football field and how tired they are of the RG3 experiment. 

I just watched the highlights, Line was terrible as my ankles, my ankles give me more support than the line gives RG3. I saw one thing I liked, he stepped up and delivered a pass even dough he knew he was going to get wrecked. Pocket passers do that and get praised, so RG3 should get praised for it too.

Impossible. The line would literally have to sprint backwards to give that lack of support.

Going back over 10's HS & Baylor highlights, he almost never got hit.   (Anybody remember how Manziel would drop back & stand there during his college days?)  Exactly like that.  No one was ever NEAR HIM. 

How the hell does the line hold up for Kirk & Colt, but fold like a paper tent for Robert?  Granted, Kirk did some running, but STILL...it's almost like they move out of the way to let the linebackers get all the way through!

WTF????????????

UUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even want to venture into the Stadium today or anytime soon.

The OL last night looked as bad as I can ever remember them looking. I don't think Willie Smith blocked one Lions player all game. Sherff and Moses were just getting destroyed out there. Not one member of the OL looked good last night.

And for the 2nd straight preseason game, Griffin comes out and we run an offense that looks like it would suit him better. Why are Kirk/Colt running read option and rollouts, while Robert stands in the pocket like a statue? I don't buy into much when it comes to conspiracies, but something seems off here...

Archived