Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Man, what a weekend. I'm off Monday, which is cool, I'm gonna drink/game all day long. I'm pumped for Madden 16 though on Tuesday, can't wait to play it.

Just got home with a sixer of Old Bay beer. Playin the COD5 demo on the 360 hard drive. Veteren difficulty, only using the Japanese bolt action rifle. Death = start level over. Ahhhhh, COD.

I tested Tazette tonight.  I told her that we should be Panther fans starting tomorrow, and she shouldn't have to suffer 20+ years like me and mommy have.  

Her response, "Daddy, I'm a Redskins fan.  Period.  You are a traitor!"

Of course, we told her that I was playing, but man, her devotion and love for the team, makes a father proud.  I don't give a **** how bad we are, it's awesome.

Of course, we told her that I was playing, but man, her devotion and love for the team, makes a father proud.  I don't give a **** how bad we are, it's awesome.

Hahaha as a joke I wore a Ray Lewis jersey I bought for the Ravens San Fran Super bowl game I attended in New Orleans to my daughters school event just before Scot was hired.  My tenth grader said daddy no.  Take it off.  She refused to allow me to abandon the Redskins even though she laughs at the pathetic performances we deliver each game.

Taze, to be fair, the Panthers may suffer through 20+ years of futility as well. See if she'll give in for the Pats. Although, I don't want you to go all mad and ground her. On second thought, it's confirmed, you raised her right.

Chip, my ex put on a Cowboys hat in a LIDS store and asked me, "how do you like me now?"

My ex.

El, I'm pretty sure I posted that video a while back... That then served as the catalyst for this ridiculous RTT obsession over Froggy Fresh.

It's ****ing hilarious!

Also, El and I had a blast in the outer banks. Tore that **** up! Hung out with the Eastern European chicks in the house across the street from ours. Crazy times man. Need another RTT meet up!

Ah, I shoulda figured. I cannot get over the bruce lee yells. 

I still can't decide if this guy is a comic genius or borderline retahded . . . the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Yeah, I'm not sure where that week went. Didn't really do much (other than beach or pool, eat, nap), but then again did a lot. I couldn't believe that we banged out 13 and 17 hour driving sessions and it didn't even feel all that bad. We stopped a lot for the kid's sake and ours. 

There was this mom at our beach. Oh man. She had to be a fitness model or something. Pretty blonde, sculpted yet, feminine abs. And perfect ass. Mah guuhd. Oh yeah and she was a mom. She was toting around 3 kids. 

I saw the cutiest woman today, she was in the air force.

Lol. I tease my wife all the time when she brings up her dating history. She did her grad school at a college in Colorado Springs, where the Air Force academy is located. I've created this persona of hers called "The Jet": fast and so many AF cadets have been on for the ride. She's a good sport. 

So the Grantland NFL podcast with Robert Mays and Bill Barnwell thinks the Redskins D will be "much improved" this year and as I was driving back from Harrisburg, PA listening to these guys and their NFC East preview I was yelling at my dashboard

- They think Eli Manning subbed in for RG3 would lead the Redskins to the playoffs, which is not disputable. They think the Redskins have a solid surrounding of receivers and they think the defense is much improved. 

- On to that, they said that Goldson and Meriweather were pretty much equivalent, then they go on and say that they made a lot of defensive changes and that the defense "won't be as bad" as last year, perhaps an improvement from 26th to 15th and that was what riled me up. I don't see any sign that this defense will be any better this year. We did make improvements, we did get Culliver and we did get Galette who for all accounts and purposes is solid on the field but trash off it (and even that is disputable given the dropped charges). But what makes one think this defense would improve that drastically in one year, with a new coordinator? Amerson gets less time and Breeland can grow, him and Culliver aren't too bad on the corners. But what about safety? I'm wary about the secondary 

- They predict 7 (later rounded down to 6) wins for this team which does seem a bit much as I project them around 5 wins (tough AFC East schedule)

My SIL just called my wife and told her that her parrot died this morning.  He was a blue fronted Amazon, beautiful bird.  He was 41 years old and lived with her grandparents, then was given to my wife, where he lived with her, her mom and sister.  

Then he lived with me for a year when I was in college.  Then back home to her mom and sister, then eventually with her sister after she moved out.  So basically, he was the family pet.  They have a limited vocabulary, but I remember trying to teach him to rap Beastie Boy songs.  Me and the roommate would fire up License To Ill every day before we left for class, put it on loop.

He couldn't say the words, but would mumble them in perfect sync to each song while banging his head. We were just talking about him on our beach trip, they have a life span for up to 90-100 years, sad to see him go this early :( 

Damn, sorry to hear that T. I was just thinking about the birds we had growing up. Four different ones, 2 really small and 2 the size of cardinals. The first one, a tiny blue/white mothafo, flew out of the house when I opened the door. I was 5...devastating. Watched it perched up on the telephone pole wires for a bit, begging it to come back, before it flew away forever. Mom got another one soon after. The one that flew away was named Marbles, the replacement bird I named Marbles 2. No bull****.

The last bird we had was a rainbow colored medium sized mofo, was around for well over 10 years. Loved the border collies, would chill with 'em. Funny as hell. The bird would wrestle with people's fingers, unless it didn't know the person. Would whistle when it heard people whistling, even on the TV. One day I came home from work, and my dad told me that it started freaking out and flopping everywhere and died in his hands. Shocked me, its life expectancy was double the time that it lived.

Archived