Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Dude, ménage trois like whenever you want it! Just be careful once they sync up there will be a week of absolute hell.

Been there. Not with roommates mind you...it just gets annoying. They start to get jealous of each other and time spent without them involved. 

Moved in with my two female friends.

The Weeknd is such a beast.

I had a similar situation in college. 

They will try to suck you in, not the good way, into drama. But being a guy you will just let it slide past and that will drive them insane. Women are like solar powered cars. Except the solar is drama. Drama powered vehicles, they are.

So, Mrs. Enforcette and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on Sat. Sprung for some good seats and went to the Nats game - her idea! And wouldn't you know it, the Nats happened to score 6 runs.  Had a blast and wifey mean-mugged some rowdy/loud Brewers fans a couple of row behind us, haha.  Yeah, she's a keeper!  

Oh, God...no.

The friends of theirs he may "date" will be discussed to death.  (You don't want that, either.) 

And there's gonna be those "morning wood" moments/hours too...this is gonna be fun. :o  :D

That's the beauty of it.

So the ultimate dream of living with two chicks and banging their friends has fallen into Doc'said lap

Now the pressure is on him to "measure up."

Odds of him landing something in his lap are pretty good.

Odds of him keeping any of them are slim, but he could enjoy a few years.

Best part about living with women at that age...(hopefully) what they randomly wear around the house and their friends.

Been there. Not with roommates mind you...it just gets annoying. They start to get jealous of each other and time spent without them involved.

I expected that but you have to do it until it blows up in your face. You can't not do it

So, Mrs. Enforcette and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on Sat. Sprung for some good seats and went to the Nats game - her idea! And wouldn't you know it, the Nats happened to score 6 runs. Had a blast and wifey mean-mugged some rowdy/loud Brewers fans a couple of row behind us, haha. Yeah, she's a keeper!

Sounds like an awesome time. Definitely snagged a good one there and congrats on the 6th

Thanks for the laugh, El....hubby & I have been watching his 401k disappear :(

ouch. Mind if I ask what age range y'all are in? Closer to retirement age? If so, investments like 401k the percentage should be shifted away from stocks to something more stable (like bonds).

But regardless, stay calm. Unless you think the Armageddon is upon us then the market will recover and go higher. 

As Warren Buffet says, when there's a market correction (downturn) or a recession. Stocks are on sale. We buy things when they go on sale right, so it's a good thing. He also says to be bold when others are fearful, and fearful when others are bold.

Church on that.

Lived w/chick for a while who would go topless like it was normal ole proceedure. Her friends were privvy to tha lyfe as well. Mmm, some redonkulous days they were. I gotta call her up.

I will say she got attached and started developing sandy vajayjay syndrom. Had to stop hitting it cuz she was "rough around the edges". May have flushed that stuff out at this point. That rack could've held a quarter of ix's bobblehead collection. They were THAT big. *cries*

Treehouse Masters has an odd way of sucking me in every time it is on. Not sure if its because I never had one..or because the main guy is brilliant but comes off odd (almost in an autistic way or something).

Anyone else watch that show? That one and Tanked. 

Hahaha - I'm with ya' on Treehouse Masters.  The main guy is creatively awesome - but it does seem like he loves trees a bit too much!  I guess that's part of why he is so good at his job.  I'm just amazed at how much money people must dish out to have him custom build those elaborate treehouses!

My .02

Don't be a dick. Always put the seat down when you are done.

Also keep chocolate on hand. Great for about a week every month.

Get used to the bathrooms being filled with potpourri and 25 types of hair products. 

Make sure you get a blanket big enough for 2..or 3. 

Also..none of the above applies to every lady. So learn. Adapt. Win. 

Hahaha - I'm with ya' on Treehouse Masters.  The main guy is creatively awesome - but it does seem like he loves trees a bit too much!  I guess that's part of why he is so good at his job.  I'm just amazed at how much money people must dish out to have him custom build those elaborate treehouses!

****ing people spending $125k on a treehouse for a 2nd house they have in the Hamptons (or wherever).

That's ballin'.

I've cooked steaks (ribeyes) the same way for about 15 years now.

Season and bring to room temp about 30 mins before grilling.

Grill on medium, 7 mins each side.

Blah blah blah.

But I tried the Gordon Ramsey way last night and holy ****. I have been missing out.

So, in case anyone is wondering..

Get the steaks to room temp and season right before you cook them.

Add about tbsp or two (depending on the size of the steak) of cooking oil and get that cast iron pan piping hot (until it just begins to smoke).

Turn it (the stove) down to medium and put the steak on the pan for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.

Flip it over, add about 1 to 2 tbsp of butter, once the butter melts, spoon it over the steak while the 2nd side is cooking (again, about 2 1-2 to 3 minutes).

Once that 2nd side is done cooking, turn the steak on the fat edges and sear the fat for about 10-15 seconds per edge.

Let it rest 5-10 minutes.

So learn. Adapt. Win. 

This. 

You think it's a "living arrangement" and you're gonna have a bad  time. 

sddefault.jpg

This is a battlefield. To me, you're surrounded by Viet Cong on one side and Al Qaeda on the other. Eternal vigilance is your friend. As TEG suggests, chocolate on hand, is a good pre-emptive strike. 

I suggest figuring out "that time of month" for both until they sync, then setting a reminder on your phone. 

By default, they may see you as the man of the house and expect you to do manly things like fix stuff or protect them from things real or imagined. mostly imagined. Without realizing it, you are both training ground for future husband(s) and a proxy for their dad. 

Also, come armed with other counter measures. Discover their insecurities early and play that card if you have to. 

Read Sun Tzu. 

Archived