Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

He very well might have sucked as well. But that doesn't negate the fact that the RGIII experiment needs to end. It'd benefit both sides. RGIII is an injury-prone, mediocre passer. Why pretend like he's got All-Pro in him? 2012 is long gone, he's lost those wheels, confidence and that was an offense that won't fool the league anymore.

This hoopla that surrounds him is doing the franchise no favors.

Further going off the deep end I see.

This is his final season. He is either going to perform or he is not, and by winter it woll be over. The only thing funnier than people seriously thinking Kirk Cousins deserves a goddamn thing (numerous failed opportunities to take the job, despite what... Kirk Cousins apologists want to believe) is that somehow Griffin is already finished.

How about we let the ****ing season play out. Its obvious that many people simply do not want him to play this season out.

Those people are morons. This entire offseason/summer has been the Confirmation Bias Olympics.

Yes, lets watch the very predictable sequel to Kirk Cousins Takes DC) Part III. Because he needs more chances. And Griffin doesn't.

So thaaaat's what "okay" meant. :)

Pretty much. Thats just been my reaction to incredibly overreactionary posts with little basis in reality.

Hell I've been saying all offseason that if you ask me, we are probably looking for another QB in '16. Doesn't mean I know ****. Doesn't mean thats anything close to what might happen.

After '13 and '14, he deserves a final chance to prove whether or not he can lead this team for the foreseeable future. Its why he's still here. Yet people won't even give him THAT.

I don't guve a damn how he ays this preseason, or how he starts the regular season. Unless he's hurt, or dead, he needs to play all 16 or more games.

Im not willing to forego all of that for Kirk ****ing Cousins, who is the Preseason MVP every year. This is absurd.

Thats why you just marinate for a half second, throw your hands up, and go "Okay". Thats all you can do

At this point in time,it's the same as it has been for a long time. It's more important for some to be right,than the end result. This results in seeing what they want to see. That goes for members "both sides" on this one. Sigh. 

At this point in time,it's the same as it has been for a long time. It's more important for some to be right,than the end result. This results in seeing what they want to see. That goes for members "both sides" on this one. Sigh.

Its just frustrating I guess. Being here at the epicenter of thus mess, daily. I have been avoiding Skins football talk with coworkers for like 2 years.

"Hey bud, when are they gonna cut your boy RGIII? LolDeadskins". Its like Groundhog Day. Either way though, like I said awhile back, one way or another this will all be over in 4 months.

Then we can restart the QB cycle and maybe (hopefully... at keast thats the feeling you get from some people around here) rail on another 1st rd QB. Because thats what the Redskins do... draft QBs and proceed to **** them up in every way imaginable

If you acknowledge Kirk may very well have done just as poorly playing in those conditions, I don't understand how that translates into bench Griffin.

I understand people have jumped ship, but can people at least wait until the regular season? Before training camp people were thinking he should get between 2-4 regular season games. After four series in two meaningless preseason games people are saying just bench him. What happened to the patience? What happened to the level-headedness? This town will never develop a quarterback because they don't have the patience to see the process through, the ability to check their emotions at the door, the media who aren't blood sucking leeches, or the front office with enough balls to tell everyone(including the owner) to shut the hell up.

Think about it, this team has never developed an elite passer in the history of it's existence, yet we got people saying Robert doesn't pass the "eye test".

I'm done trying to discuss it in the Stadium. It's not going to work with Griffin, for none of the reasons stated in that God forsaken thread. It won't work because we don't deserve a franchise QB. The fans can't be patient enough to let the process work. The management isn't smart enough to make it work, and they no longer have the necessary time to get Robert up to speed to learn.

Process? We're in Year 4. He has not shown one ounce of progression. He is an injury waiting to happen. Even if he were to become an average passer, he can't stay on the field. This isn't like we're saying cut him after 8 bad games, the guy is not that good. It's like we're supposed to wait 5 years for this guy to become an acceptable NFL quarterback. I want a guy who moves the offense and can stay healthy. That is Kirk. The long-term answer at QB isn't on this roster yet but for now, at least play the guy that can move the ball and stay on the field.

For the record, I'd love for Robert to get healthy and turn into a great QB - this isn't a personal vendetta, I just don't see it.

Further going off the deep end I see.

This is his final season. He is either going to perform or he is not, and by winter it woll be over. The only thing funnier than people seriously thinking Kirk Cousins deserves a goddamn thing (numerous failed opportunities to take the job, despite what... Kirk Cousins apologists want to believe) is that somehow Griffin is already finished.

How about we let the ****ing season play out. Its obvious that many people simply do not want him to play this season out.

Those people are morons. This entire offseason/summer has been the Confirmation Bias Olympics.

Yes, lets watch the very predictable sequel to Kirk Cousins Takes DC) Part III. Because he needs more chances. And Griffin doesn't.

I'm not a Kirk "apologist", he's not a world-beater or even half of one. I just view him as the lesser of two evils.

I'm not a Kirk "apologist", he's not a world-beater or even half of one. I just view him as the lesser of two evils.

Then it would make even less sense to prefer him starting over someone who the organization did everything they could over the offseason to give him a chance to prove himself before they pull the plug.

I agree 100% with Sin.  Honor RGIII's contract, let him play.  He will either play well, or he will fail and it will all be over.  But like he said, regardless of how it plays out, it will be over with in 4 months, we will know what direction we are moving in and finally have closure.  

Kirk Cousins is not the answer, Colt McCoy is not the answer.  RGIII appears to not be the answer either.  But you absolutely don't give up what we did and not do everything in our power to not make him succeed.  

So many think that Cousins is the next SB winning QB.  He did absolute **** with his opportunities when handed the keys to the car.  Trust me, I'd love for him to be a winning QB, fact is, he isn't.

So many think that Cousins is the next SB winning QB.  He did absolute **** with his opportunities when handed the keys to the car.  Trust me, I'd love for him to be a winning QB, fact is, he isn't.

That's hyperbole. Nobody thinks Kirk is leading any team to the title. There is no winning QB on this roster in all likelihood, sadly. Ugh.

I think it's clear that the guy with more upside is RGIII. It's just that his soul was taken from him many hits ago. If he stopped getting his nervous system shut down from WWF style tackles and slams, he should gain some confidence, focus on his craft a little more. I think he changed after one of those hits when he came back. There was one that stands out in my mind along the sideline. I swear I saw his spirit leave his body. Wings, a halo, looking down at his carcass.

I think if you give RGIII and Cousins one of the better lines in the NFL, Rob would start gettin' at it again, while Cousins would be right around average.

That's hyperbole. Nobody thinks Kirk is leading any team to the title. There is no winning QB on this roster in all likelihood, sadly. Ugh.

It was an exaggeration of the hype that comes out of the Kirk supporters mouths.  And by supporters, I'm talking about the extreme ones that think he should be starting over RGIII and would provide a better record than Griffin or a better chance of winning games.

Process? We're in Year 4. He has not shown one ounce of progression. He is an injury waiting to happen. Even if he were to become an average passer, he can't stay on the field. This isn't like we're saying cut him after 8 bad games, the guy is not that good. It's like we're supposed to wait 5 years for this guy to become an acceptable NFL quarterback. I want a guy who moves the offense and can stay healthy. That is Kirk. The long-term answer at QB isn't on this roster yet but for now, at least play the guy that can move the ball and stay on the field.

For the record, I'd love for Robert to get healthy and turn into a great QB - this isn't a personal vendetta, I just don't see it.

We are in year 2 or teaching him how to play quarterback. Not year 4. See this is what I'm talking about. You don't acknowledge how long this process is going to take. He can become an elite passer, but not here. Because no one here is willing to give him the time to do so, and I understand that. But don't ever think about drafting a QB again because it is a possibility they will be a bust and even if they are good we will be calling for the less talented backup before seeing the process through.

Here's another thing I'm talking about with people being too emotional. You say there hasn't been one ounce of progression. Even his worst critics like Jason Reid will admit he has shown some progress. You've just lost the ability to be objective when it comes to him because this organization as whole has taught you to scrap what we're doing and try something else. We haven't played a single regular season game and you want him benched. Do you even know why our OLine made no adjustments to all the complex blitzing that the Lions showed....which normally doesn't happen in a preseason game? Nah, it's just Griffin's fault. You literally are not thinking right now.

No more than insinuating that Griffin is so awful that he is beyond repair.

That's a fair point. I think Griffin can succeed somewhere in this league - he's not Jamarcus Russell or anything of that caliber, he has skills. But it's hard to grow when you're playing for a coach that doesn't want you on the team. Griffin's been mismanaged from the moment he got here and that irresponsible, idiotic decision to leave him in that playoff game may be in a 30 for 30 years from now. I think this may not be the place for him if Gruden isn't going to buy in.

That's a fair point. I think Griffin can succeed somewhere in this league - he's not Tim Tebow. But it's hard to grow when you're playing for a coach that doesn't want you on the team. Griffin's been mismanaged from the moment he got here and that irresponsible, idiotic decision to leave him in that playoff game may be in a 30 for 30 years from now. I think this may not be the place for him if Gruden isn't going to buy in.

Grudens an entirely different altogether issue. I was convinced he was a moron at the end of '14. He seems to be continuing along that trajectory. If the Skins suffer another double digit loss season (as I think they will), January will be very interesting around here, because it could set the stage for yet another front office controversy if McCloughan is ready to clean house offensively, and Bruce/Snyder balk.

I trust in McCloughan, not so much in Gruden.

McCloughan hasn't done anything for me to trust him, other than a fantastic article that was written about him in ESPN Magazine some time ago.

More importantly, McCloughan hasn't done anything for me to NOT trust him. By default, that puts McCloughan ahead of the entire Redskins staff.

Hoping for the best.

El, I'm pretty sure I posted that video a while back... That then served as the catalyst for this ridiculous RTT obsession over Froggy Fresh.

It's ****ing hilarious!

Also, El and I had a blast in the outer banks. Tore that **** up! Hung out with the Eastern European chicks in the house across the street from ours. Crazy times man. Need another RTT meet up!

El, I'm pretty sure I posted that video a while back... That then served as the catalyst for this ridiculous RTT obsession over Froggy Fresh.

It's ****ing hilarious!

Also, El and I had a blast in the outer banks. Tore that **** up! Hung out with the Eastern European chicks in the house across the street from ours. Crazy times man. Need another RTT meet up!

I

Am

The baddest of them all! If you ain't bout money! Then I don't mess with yall!

Yall think I don't get girls! Cuz I ain't very tall...

But when she see my stacks, I bet you that she calls!

Froggy hasn't made a video in a while. Think that dude who made the response rap to Froggy's LeBron diss has him shook. Froggy is a sensitive lil bastage, there's videos of him getting mad as hell at his friends. He's probably busy getting his body tatted up, including a couple tear tattoos and some grills. I want to believe, anyway, he'll come back like that and tell the LeBron lover that he's a lonely phony who likes My Little Pony.

Archived