Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

When will hollywood learn to stop making sci-fi films linked to scientology?

After Earth will be lucky to break even - despite starring a sure fire money winner in Will Smith. How bad will this movie have to be if even Will Smith can't bring them to the theatre?

Yeah that movie has done some shady advertising too. I don't think I ever once saw it was a M Night Shyamalan movie. It's like they intentionally hid that as long as they could. Maybe it was in the trailers but it certainly wasn't highlighted. Also its being billed as a Will Smith movie when one review I saw said

**spoiler text** he does very little in it outside of sit in a chair with a couple broken legs. **end spoilers***

I wish Will Smith would challenge himself more. 

After Earth will be lucky to break even - despite starring a sure fire money winner in Will Smith. How bad will this movie have to be if even Will Smith can't bring them to the theatre?

Yeah that movie has done some shady advertising too. I don't think I ever once saw it was a M Night Shyamalan movie. It's like they intentionally hid that as long as they could. Maybe it was in the trailers but it certainly wasn't highlighted. Also its being billed as a Will Smith movie when one review I saw said

**spoiler text** he does very little in it outside of sit in a chair with a couple broken legs. **end spoilers***

There was an article on Grantland, I think it was last year, about Will Smith and why he does the movies that he does.  

Here's the article, the 2nd page is all about Smith.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6716942/page/2/bill-simmons-ryan-reynolds-smith-perception-success-hollywood

I also think a lot of people are sick of him force feeding his son onto the general public.

Jaden appears to have about 1/20th of the talent of Willow and about 1/100th the talent of his Dad and Mom.

How come his older kid wasn't jammed down our throats too?

The only thing I can think of is maybe it's like Ozzy's oldest daughter. She wanted nothing to do with fame. She was never shown on the Ozzy reality show.

Or maybe Jada is pushing the kids. Who knows. Either way, my cat is a better actor than Jaden.

There was an article on Grantland, I think it was last year, about Will Smith and why he does the movies that he does.  

Here's the article, the 2nd page is all about Smith.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6716942/page/2/bill-simmons-ryan-reynolds-smith-perception-success-hollywood

I read that article when it came out but couldn't remember where I had seen it at. I was actually thinking of that when I just made my post. Good find!

I have to go out Wednesday morning for an appointment. When I did some research on the area just now, I was delighted to learn that the area is located in a strip mall in Germantown. The mall has, within walking distance

- Dunkin' Donuts

- Giant (grocery store) 

- Jerry's Subs and Pizza 

- Roy Rogers

- McDolan's 

- Subway 

- Hard Times Cafe

- Domino's Pizza

- QUIZNOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Burger King

- Baja Fresh

Don't be surprised after the appointment if I end up looking like Albert Haynesworth. 

Five years ago, a Michigan couple saw a deer get hit by a car outside their home and suddenly give birth to twins. One fawn died, but the other survived and has been living with the couple ever since. Now the Michigan Department of Natural Resources is threatening to take the deer away from the only home its ever known.

article-2335315-1A21EA8C000005DC-753_636

The prospect of losing Lilly is painful for the family.

“It would be like taking a child away. … She sleeps on a futon, she watches TV,” the deer’s owner said, adding that she “plays Frisbee with the boys.”

Just started using Dollar Shave Club. Seriously the best and closest shave I've ever had. Would totally recommend it to anyone.

Is that the one that sends you blades via mail that we talked about a while back?

Yup. You get 4 blades/month for $6. I think that may be too many lol. I've been using the same blade now for 4 days and it still looks new. But I won't feel as bad tossing it after a week's use like I did when I was using the Gillette razors.

I keep hearing about Dollar Shave Club on Kornheiser and Opie and Anthony but I've never actually tried them. 

I have tried Marvel Heroes which is the new MMO that is free to play. I know we got into some talk about Batman in this thread but this game is pretty fun. And it's also free to play too, although the first 5 characters you can play as for free are Daredevil, Hawkeye , Thing, and 2 others I forget. (You could start off as Spider-Man or Wolverine, but you have to pay for that) 

I ate Roy Rogers for the first time in probably 15 years yesterday (I honestly didn't even know whether or not they still existed prior to moving to Montgomery County.). Must be similar to Food Lion, which I haven't seen anywhere in MD besides SoMD, with it mainly being more of a southern based company (same with Bojangles) .

Anyways, I think they just might lay claim to the best spicy chicken sandwich that I've ever eaten. Better than Checkers, better than Chik - Fil A, better than Wendy's/McD's, BK, etc. I still can't believe it...

Oh and as for the pet deer... That's just ****ing weird

I had a chance to visit Roy Rogers today but I found out due to technicalities that the appoitment isn't today, but rather next week, and it's not even in Germantown. So I'll miss out on Roy Rogers. 

They used to have one by Viers Mill and Randolph Road but it's not there anymore. 

Just picked up Deadwood last night, watching the first 2 episodes. As an "Anything Western" whore, I've been meaning to watch that show for a long time. It already looks really really promising. You've got the lawman/legendary gunslinger and the strong/silent ex sherrif and his buddies, going up against the corrupt business owner. Already hooked.

I saw the rating on IMDB. IIRC it was 8.7-8.9 That's one of the highest ratings I've ever seen, on anything.

customer asked how to keep dogs from chewing his car up (damn near chewed the front end off )

fence,shoot em or move is all I got....maybe they make a sonic gizmo?

Archived