Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

My dad has a PhD, and yet he can't figure out how to send a text message.

Can't wait til I'm old.

Just remember these young years, because 40 years from now, you will be at the recipient of mean spirited humor from your entitled grandkids, when you have no clue how to put together their hoverboard (if those damn things ever come out), Playstation 30, or you wheez and hack up something vicious on their own personal android's instruction manual.

Seriously pissed my university's admissions office is making me take the GRE to get into their doctoral program. The GRE being the exact same exam I took to get into their freaking Master's program, from which I recently graduated. I've never heard of something as stupid as this; just walk a 100 ft over to the office of my advisor who also happens to be the department chair of my program I JUST GRADUATED FROM and retrieve my previous scores. Good LORD.

Well, I guess "old fart" has been assumed by a 31-year-old?

I'll tell my co-workers I need a new nickname!:ols:

It's all relative, haha!

My dad has a PhD, and yet he can't figure out how to send a text message.

Can't wait til I'm old.

Sounds like my dad. In all fairness, I suppose my nieces are making fun of me for being out of touch, relative to them, with technology...

Taking the dog to the vet today. He hasn't been himself for a couple days. And seems to be in some discomfort hopping down from the bed. He doesn't yipe, but more just a high pitch groan. And just seems to be pretty miserable for about 36 hours now.

Hoping for the best.

Hope he's ok, STB. My parents' dog has really bad arthritis and I feel terrible watching her try to get up/down the stairs. :(

Thanks for the well wishes ren.

Turns out he had some gingivitus. And a fever which was causing some headaches which is why he was so down in the dumps. He got some antibiotics and should be fine in about a week doc said.

Shew! My stomach was churning the whole time. Glad hes ok.

Thanks for the well wishes ren.

Turns out he had some gingivitus. And a fever which was causing some headaches which is why he was so down in the dumps. He got some antibiotics and she be fine in about a week doc said.

Shew! My stomach was churning the whole time. Glad hes ok.

Nothing worse than a sick dog. Ours was sick over the weekend. He was vomiting and having diarrhea. Took him to the vet and they think he just ate something he shouldn't have outside, which sounds like our dog lol. But it's terrible since they can't tell you what's wrong. Glad everything is ok!

Google spell check has to be the most illiterate tool of its type ever created. Every single damn day I have to "add to dictionary" at least two properly spelled words it underlines in red, I kid you not. How can it be that poorly constructed?

Here's something interesting you guys can think of the next time you hear some genius blather anything along the lines of how Es is "falling apart" or "isn't what it used to be" blah blah blah...

...currently the on the first page of just the stadium forum, all but a few threads are from this year, and of those few only one is from before 2012...and on just that first page of just those threads in that one forum, there have been approximately 2.5 MILLION views and almost 30,000 posts made in just that random, current, one-page/one-forum tally......and it's off-season and one of the deadest ones news-wise at that...so....:ols::ols::ols::ols:

Here's something interesting you guys can think of the next time you hear some genius blather anything along the lines of how Es is "falling apart" or "isn't what it used to be" blah blah blah...

...currently the on the first page of just the stadium forum, all but a few threads are from this year, and of those few only one is from before 2012...and on just that first page of just those threads in that one forum, there have been approximately 2.5 MILLION views and almost 30,000 posts made in just that random, current, one-page/one-forum tally......and it's off-season and one of the deadest ones news-wise at that...so....:ols::ols::ols::ols:

GTFO With your "Data" and "facts"... I swear, we ***** and ***** and ***** and all you mods just come back with "facts" and "facts" and "facts".... SHOW ME SOME PROOF!!!!

^ so even the dictionary lists different pronunciations?

I give up. I'm calling them meat bundles from now on.

Update...So I asked my Greek friend with the restaurant...he said it's "year-oh".

---------- Post added March-30th-2013 at 07:27 AM ----------

Google spell check has to be the most illiterate tool of its type ever created. Every single damn day I have to "add to dictionary" at least two properly spelled words it underlines in red, I kid you not. How can it be that poorly constructed?

It knows that people like my husband just "project their voice" across the room (or up the stairs) with some random word. Instead of saying "Huh?" or "What?", I've just started spelling everything out, because I eventually realized that I'm spellcheck's "new" talking/cooking/cleaning version.:ols:

My man Vinny D...

I heard there was supposed to be some kind of Riddick threequel. I guess it took 10 years to recover from the crappola that was The Chronicles Of Riddick. There were so many ways they could've gone after Pitch Black (probably themost underrated sci-fi/action flick of the '00s), but they went straight into the gutter with something that resembled a cheap intertwinement of Star Wars and The Fifth Element. Hopefully justice is served with 3.

Archived