Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

High heat coupled with the dry weather has all the multi legged critters moving to the houses. Looks like the spiders are taking over the eaves. I was content to leave them there to help guard the perimeter,then my fiance' spotted them. Looks like I have my marching orders. :silly:

We had a record high the other day. 91 degrees. Then this tropical wave is cruising through and the wind is coooooool as a autumn nights breeze can be. :limin:

---------- Post added August-12th-2012 at 09:30 AM ----------

http://vimeo.com/35554292

Not safe for work. This is a great video to remind you to be grateful for what you have. Louis CK and Joe Rogan and a few others. Pretty cool.

High heat coupled with the dry weather has all the multi legged critters moving to the houses. Looks like the spiders are taking over the eaves. I was content to leave them there to help guard the perimeter,then my fiance' spotted them. Looks like I have my marching orders. :silly:

I feel your pain, we have had big time rains and the frogs, skeeters, roaches (palmetto bugs, nice name, but it is a damn big flying roach, okay) are all seeking dry ground. I had a frog jump on me last night, sticky fingers are creepy. And yeah the mosquitos of Florida legend are out in big numbers at dusk and dawn, the two most pleasant times of day in Florida coincidentally. They must like red wine too, they ****ing swim in it.

So yeah thanks TWA for the laughs, and the girls, well some of the girls, you know there was that one I could have gone without.

A few weeks ago, someone compared hot weather to cold.

I'd rather have cold, since I can at least sleep in cold weather. It's difficult to sleep in hot weather

And we all know how important sleep is :)

I think A/C was invented in Florida, I don't really know that for sure, but I bet if Mr. Frigidaire ever came here he got all the motivation he needed. Last night the air was on 75 and I slept just fine. In fact I think it is hotter where you are then here right now.

---------- Post added August-12th-2012 at 11:28 AM ----------

Everyone talks about people dying due to alcohol, but no one talks about how many are born because of it.

I remember those wet season rains back when I was stationed there SWF. Could almost set your watch to the thundershowers there during parts of the year. My first run in with a "Palmetto Bug" happened at 2 a.m. a few weeks after I was stationed there. It was an epic struggle. Especially after the ****er flew at my head,(my thought at the time was South FLorida was a messed up place to have a flying roach). As for the legendary Florida mosquitos,the Everglades sat next door. We used to kid that the things would fly in formation on to the base. :silly:

Tony, when and why are you moving to Boston? You know about their winters right? I'd move to Philly first.

As soon as we lock down an apartment. At the earliest I'd be moving up there in two weeks. I loved the city on our road trip, and I met a pretty awesome girl there. I wasn't a huge fan of Philly on that stop. That's actually the only northeast city I've visited that I wouldn't want to live in :ols:

Yeah, i swear to this day Nevada has to be the capital for black widows. Literally had hundreds in and around the house. Those spider hunts will be a common thing unfortunately.

How's the move going otherwise?

Archived