Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I don't get..."

Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, but I don't get hockey. At all.

So this interest in hockey all of a sudden has gotten on my nerves in the past couple of weeks :)

I tell you what - go to a playoff game, and you'll like it 100x better than you do now. Still might not like it very much, but you're interest will increase, I guarantee.

Star Wars........

I'm with you on that one:

I must confess that I've never understood all the hype over the Star Wars movies. To me they are kind of boring and the same crap over and over again. The characters are shallower than a baby pool with a leak in the bottom.

The first one was okay because it was so different than anything else that had come along. But then the sequels came and the plots got convoluted and everything seemed so repetitive. Bleh.

I tell you what - go to a playoff game, and you'll like it 100x better than you do now. Still might not like it very much, but you're interest will increase, I guarantee.

Waste of money. ;)

And I want to say that it's not for lack of trying. I like pretty much ALL sports, so it kind of irked me that I didn't like hockey.

Tried watching it on tv, hated it. Went to 5, 6 games, fell asleep.

Just not for me.

Waste of money. ;)

And I want to say that it's not for lack of trying. I like pretty much ALL sports, so it kind of irked me that I didn't like hockey.

Tried watching it on tv, hated it. Went to 5, 6 games, fell asleep.

Just not for me.

Do you like soccer?

Do you like soccer?

Did anyone here ever go to a Washington Diplomat game when they were a kid? I was playing soccer with a little league team and it was a free trip to RFK. I'm not a Soccer fan now and I thank god that wasn't my only RFK experience.

oops!

But, you know what else bugs me about that show...the theme song is titled "Suicide is Painless"...NICE! :doh:

you have to watch the movie to understand the reason for the song imo.

personally I loved M*A*S*H* . We were a different culture then. As a sitcom it had alot more then that. There was alot of drama as well.

I don't get U2, or most new music, or and Michael Moore movie

American Idol is the lamest excuse for wasting electricity yet.

The other would be the one on CBS that sends them somewhere and they get voted off the island. They want you to believe they're out in the middle of nowhere and all. Who's filming this junk?? They're not in any danger. Starving? Dying of thirst? Shoot, there's probably a resort 200 yards away.

Anyone have a band or a movie or a TV show that everyone else seems to hail as great but you just "don't get?"

For me its the Eagles (hotel california aside) and the Clash. Sorry, I just don't get it.

What about the rest of you, what bands, movies or shows do you not "get"?

the clash are the jammy jam -- eagles are a one hit wonder...

kinda like don mclean

the clash are the jammy jam -- eagles are a one hit wonder...

kinda like don mclean

Eagles a one hit wonder? Wow...not many people would agree with that. Then I guess The Eagles Greatest Hits Volume 1 & 2 are full of "one hit wonders". :laugh:

eagles are a one hit wonder...
Eagles a one hit wonder? Wow...not many people would agree with that. Then I guess The Eagles Greatest Hits Volume 1 & 2 are full of "one hit wonders". :laugh:

:laugh: Damn CCS - I always thought of you as a music-knowledgeable cat. Guess not. :laugh:

The 70's seen it's share of great rock music bands, but none of the caliber of the Eagles. This super group produced 5 number one singles and 4 number one albums, including the best-selling album in history, "Their Greatest Hits 1971 - 1975". With over 28 million copies sold, this album surpassed Michael Jackson's "Thriller" for the number one slot.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/62404/top_ten_songs_by_the_eagles.html

Top 10 Eagles songs (from above site):

10. "Take It Easy" - Co-written by Glenn Frey and Jackson Browne, "Take It Easy" was a country-rock hit that went to #12 on the Billboard charts. It also put Winslow, AZ on the map.

9. "Peaceful Easy Feeling" - This soothing top 20 hit went to #22 on the charts in 1972.

8. "Best Of My Love" - From the album "On The Border", "Best Of My Love" was the Eagles first #1 smash hit. Reaching #1 in March 1975, "Best Of My Love" brought the Eagles to a much bigger audience. This soft rock love ballad also went #1 on the easy listening charts.

7. "One Of These Nights" - One of the Eagles biggest hits, "One Of These Nights" went to #1 within a month of its release in June 1975.

6. "Lyin' Eyes" - Nominated for a Grammy for Record of the Year, "Lyin' Eyes" soared to #2 on the Billboard charts. The hit did receive a Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Performance by a Duo, Group, or Chorus.

5. "Take It To The Limit" - The third hit off the "One Of These Nights" album, "Take It To The Limit" topped out at #4 on the charts in late 1975.

4. "New Kid In Town" - While many doubted that the band could follow up the album "One Of These Nights", the Eagles, proved their resillence. Not only did they record "Hotel California" in December 1976, but it went platinum in one week after its release! "New Kid In Town" went #1 in February 1977 and still receives airplay to this day.

3. "Hotel California" - Another #1 smash hit in May 1977, "Hotel California" won the 1977 Grammy for Song of the Year.

2. "Life In The Fast Lane" - Reaching #11 on the Billboard charts "Life In The Fast Lane" became a catch phrase in American culture. It was likely the most hard rock song the Eagles had ever recorded.

1. "Heartache Tonight" - The last of the Eagles #1 hits was arguably one of its best, "Heartache Tonight" off the "Long Run" album, went to the top of the charts in November 1979. The song also won the 1979 Grammy for Best Rock Performance by a Group.

I don't get most of today's TV sitcoms , dramas , etc with few exceptions. The sitcoms (esp That 70's show) I didn't find funny , and I haven't seen any of the popular dramas such as Heroes. I did see some of Lost and it was ok but I was not intrigued enough to watch more than the 2 episodes shown in class that day.

And while we're talking about music , I don't get Nirvana and had never heard "Smells like Teen Spirit" until a few days ago :mad: I still don't like it...

Archived