Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I don't get..."

Spaceman Spiff

What a great thread concept. Whoever bumped this rocks!

I think I have a new one, I didn't read every post but what the hey.

I don't get Golf. Not one bit. Not playing it, not watching it, not at all.

All reality TV is a close second.

The music stuff is really subjective BTW.

Paging rince and Baculus, paging rince and Baculus ;)

I saw that. I've been over and over it with people, and some people just don't get it - their loss, not mine. The older I get the more I appreciate the Dead and their amazing musicianship and unbelievable improv skills. But hey, it's just not some people's bag; hell, I don't 'get' Radiohead.

But, as Bill Graham said, "The Grateful Dead aren't the best at what they do. The Grateful Dead are the only ones that do what they do."

For the non-believers:

GD doing funk/disco:

Shakedown Street

Sheer beauty:

Ramble on Rose

For those of you that think Jerry couldn't sing (though the are better examples):

Sitting in Limbo

For those of you that think Jerry couldn't play:

Jerry at his best - with Dave 'Dawg' Grisman:

And just for fun - Jerry doing Dylan's 'Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest':

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zTwyvA7HtCs&feature=related

I saw that. I've been over and over it with people, and some people just don't get it - their loss, not mine. The older I get the more I appreciate the Dead and their amazing musicianship and unbelievable improv skills. But hey, it's just not some people's bag; hell, I don't 'get' Radiohead.

Certainly no offense intended and I did already know Baculus was a fan. I know there are legions. I even tried. A lot. Not my cup of tea.

I can get down with soccer. Definitely not my first choice, but I've watched it before. Usually watch the world cup and the local pizza place usually has European games on when I go in for a slice.

Fun to play, too.

That makes zero sense.

PS - try roller hockey, very fun to play.

That makes zero sense.

PS - try roller hockey, very fun to play.

I don't get roller hockey....or roller blades in general. On one hand they're ghey ice skate substitutes, on the other hand they're ghey skateboard substitutes. Anyone who wears rollerblades and thinks they're some badass skater on a vert ramp or street course needs to be beaten with a skateboard.

Add me to the list that doesn't get reality TV, particularly American Idol. I've never seen an episode of Survivor, Idol, or any other of the popular shows. Just don't get them. Make your own life, don't live vicariously.

Nirvana-What the **** did he just say?

Seinfeld-I'd rather watch paint dry & it would probably twice as funny

EDIT: I also don't get-

Lost, American Idol, ALL reality tv & shows where people will do/say anything for money, including eating live bugs or telling the whole world that you would willingly cheat on your spouse, E! channel (a channel dedicated solely to the pond scum of the earth who spend every waking moment desperately trying to make money off of other people's lives because they are too lazy/weak/stupid/immoral to make money the honest way), college basketball

Yeah, but I don't get hockey. At all.

So this interest in hockey all of a sudden has gotten on my nerves in the past couple of weeks :)

Ya know, many of us hockey fans have been here the whole time. I remember watching the Caps play in the Cap Center in a packed house. I was 14/15 at the time, I'm almost 34 now. Trust me when I say, it's not all of a sudden. What IS all of a sudden is the desire for so many to want to GO to the games because of how good this team got, almost quite literally overnight. But for someone who doesn't follow hockey at all, I can see how it would look like it does to you. But believe me, there is a large hockey following here in DC & has been for quite some time.

I don't get the frat boy male mentality. The types that think that every event they go to must have chicken wings and beer to be mildly enjoyable. The same types of people that tell you to turn in your man card if you ever make an intellectual, decently articulated statement about anything in front of them. I don't know why people like to idolize being drunk fat idiots but they do.

I don't get the frat boy male mentality. The types that think that every event they go to must have chicken wings and beer to be mildly enjoyable. The same types of people that tell you to turn in your man card if you ever make an intellectual, decently articulated statement about anything in front of them. I don't know why people like to idolize being drunk fat idiots but they do.

*burps

*grabs another Pez wing

Turn your man card in at the door

:laugh:

I don't get roller hockey....or roller blades in general. On one hand they're ghey ice skate substitutes, on the other hand they're ghey skateboard substitutes. Anyone who wears rollerblades and thinks they're some badass skater on a vert ramp or street course needs to be beaten with a skateboard.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I only wore them for hockey, I never took them out beyond the court because of the "ghey" factor. :laugh:

What do chicken wings and beer have to do with anything? Leave them out of it! :mad:

:laugh:

What a great thread concept. Whoever bumped this rocks!

Yeah I came across it by accident when using the new Google ES search someone setup. I figured it was good enough for a 3 year bump.

BTW, why and how did Ipods get so popular? Why do people think it's a new cool concept to have music coming through ear phones? If I want to hear music I'll pop in a CD because I don't need 1,000 songs attached to my beltclip. All someone did is revive the Sony Walkman and add some technology.

Another one while we're at it. Don't get the CSI and the Law and Order Franchises.

I've watched a few episodes of both and just don't get the fascination with these shows. It's basically the same plot every show with minor twists, yet these shows blanket the airwaves. Can someone explain this to me?

Archived