Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I don't get..."

Spaceman Spiff

Yeah I came across it by accident when using the new Google ES search someone setup. I figured it was good enough for a 3 year bump.

BTW, why and how did Ipods get so popular? Why do people think it's a new cool concept to have music coming through ear phones? If I want to hear music I'll pop in a CD because I don't need 1,000 songs attached to my beltclip. All someone did is revive the Sony Walkman and add some technology.

Don't forget that Apple marketed it such that if you don't have one you're not hip.

I don't get cherries. I think I'm the only person I've met who doesn't like them. They just taste foul to me.

What makes even less sense to me is why so many medicines are cherry flavored. Why not apple or orange or something? Maybe they just decided, "Oh well, it tastes like **** anyway. May as well call it cherry."

I don't get cherries. I think I'm the only person I've met who doesn't like them. They just taste foul to me.

What makes even less sense to me is why so many medicines are cherry flavored. Why not apple or orange or something? Maybe they just decided, "Oh well, it tastes like **** anyway. May as well call it cherry."

:laugh: Yeah I never understood why so many medicines are cherry flavored. I hate cherries too...they should only be used as a garnish for certain drinks and then thrown away with the little plastic sword.

I don't get roller hockey....or roller blades in general. On one hand they're ghey ice skate substitutes, on the other hand they're ghey skateboard substitutes. Anyone who wears rollerblades and thinks they're some badass skater on a vert ramp or street course needs to be beaten with a skateboard.

Inline skates that are designed for street hockey are very different than ones that are designed for recreational skating. Street hockey is a decent substitute for ice, and can be played anywhere you have a flat asphalt or concrete surface, preferable surrounded by fence.

A Clockwork Orange

:wtf: Did you not see the groundrules for the thread? All Stanley Kubrick films are off limits due to his universally accepted genius. I said, universally accepted. :mad:

This has been mentioned already but I really just don't get Elvis. Sure he was a thief, but name an artist that hasn't borrowed from prior artists/generations? What I don't get is why was he supposed to be so freakin' great? All he ever did is use sex to sell records....real original.:rolleyes: Besides, HE'S BEEN FREAKING DEAD FOREVER!! ...and no, that wasn't him yesterday at Mazza Gallerie. Trust me. ;)

American Idol. But then I don't get reality TV at all. Total crap.

Cats. If they weren't so darn tasty there wouldn't be any reason whatsoever to keep them around.

Musicals...plot, plot, plot, everybody breaks into song and dance (just like in real life BTW) plot, plot, plot, everybody breaks into song and dance again. Wash, rinse, repeat. :wtf: But then I'm not ghey so I guess I never will get the point.

Celebrity news. Who really gives a damn?? OK, so a lot of people do. I just can't for the life of me understand why they do.

Ethopian food. Don't get me wrong, I generally love foods from other cultures. However, I've tried it three or four times at different restaurants and Ethiopian food just has an odd, sour taste....all of it. It seems they use the same spice as an ingredient in everything. And that spongy ingerra (sp?) is just weird. Sorry Ethiopians, I just can't do it. But you all make up for the food with incredibly hot women. :)

To be fair to cherries, "cherry flavored" medicines aren't actually cherry flavored at all, they are ass-flavored. Real (fresh, not bottled) cherries are delicious.

Celebrity news. Who really gives a damn?? OK, so a lot of people do. I just can't for the life of me understand why they do.

Totally on board with this. I dont get it.

Ethopian food. Don't get me wrong, I generally love foods from other cultures. However, I've tried it three or four times at different restaurants and Ethiopian food just has an odd, sour taste....all of it. It seems they use the same spice as an ingredient in everything. And that spongy ingerra (sp?) is just weird. Sorry Ethiopians, I just can't do it. But you all make up for the food with incredibly hot women. :)

:laugh: Seriously, have you ever seen an ethiopian? They dont HAVE any food, much less GOOD food.

Jrock is right, that's definitely NOT real cherry flavor but in pharmacology land I think it's one of the few flavors that will actually mask the bitter taste of many meds.

But, that reminds me of something else I don't get. Why do artificial flavors never taste anything like what they're named for? As Jrock mentions, I've never tasted a cherry that tastes like the artificial version. Ditto that for watermelon, grape, raspberry etc.

I might get reamed for this but oh well. I don't get The Beatles.

I like some of their music and I understand why they were worshipped back in the day. I just never really thought the actual music was worthy of all the praise they still get today. But that's probably more an issue of taste than anything else

The Office.

Watched a few episodes and there were some funny parts, but I don't see what the big deal is.

I've heard a lot of people say this. And maybe to some it will just never be funny, but in my opinion it gets funnier the more you watch. Even repeat viewings of the same episode because each time you'll catch on to something you missed the first time around. I wasn't hooked until Season 2.

Agreed. The Office is sometimes a bit subtle but I think that's often the best kind of humor. OTOH, I never thought Arrested Development was even remotely funny (except the Blue Man episode) while my wife thought it was one of the funniest shows ever. I guess there's just no way to account for the bad taste of other people. :)

Oo boy, is it too late to get mine in?

The MFing "Wire" what is it with people and this show? It's boring as hell! Talk, talk, talk...blah, blah, blah. Did anything EVER happen?

I'm all for quality drama, but too much reality is overkill.

it's Sex AND the City. maybe that's why you don't get it :P

I feel even more like a man for NOT knowing the name of that craptastic show. Who wants to have sex with her? She is a total butter face and every time she opens her mouth I expect to hear her go:

heeeeee haaaaaaaaaawwww...

But my question is, why do you know that so well? :laugh: :silly:

Archived