Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I don't get..."

Spaceman Spiff

Guest sith lord

To me it's Nirvana and The Beatles. First Nirvana, they didn't have nearly the longevity to get the praise they receive and as for the Beatles, everyone acts like music begins and ends with them. There were way better singer/songwriters back in the 60's. I just don't get it.

I definately agree with Nirvana, BUT, I actually like them, but I don't understand the credit that they (or moreso Kurt Cobain) gets for changing the world etc...

Honestly, Alice in Chains blew up before Nirvana. Man in the Box was a hit single on the radio before Smells like whatever. I understand that Nirvana's Bleach CD (Which I like better than Nevermind) came out before AIC's facelift, but AIC was first and Pearl Jam and Soundgarden were also huge at that same time.

Sometimes, I think we have revisionist memory because Cobain killed himself.

I don't get U2 either, and I don't like them, save the occasional single, like Sunday Bloody Sunday, which is a cool song.

I don't get the NBA either.

Seinfeld is possibly the greatest show ever put on television. I also know a lot of people that don't think its funny; its one of those either or extreme situations.

Personally, I don't get Pink Floyd. I don't think they are that great of a band.

The Beatles revolutionized the music scene; one of the greatest bands of all time. Awesome.

"Your mothah was a hamsta and your fahtha smelt of elderberries! I faaht in your general di-rection!"

Originally posted by jrockster77

Seinfeld is possibly the greatest show ever put on television. I also know a lot of people that don't think its funny; its one of those either or extreme situations.

I agree, i thinks its great, but there are episodes that are just dumb and no where close to funny. But a vast majority of them are pretty damn funny.

Although i prefer the simpsons over sienfeld.

U2 wore out their welcome in 1990. Bono needs to go back to Ireland and shut-up.

I don't get why The only Eagles song I hear on the radio is Hotel California.

Not music or TV but John Grisham novels. I cannot stand 'em.

I dont get why "viva la bam" is on MTV every 30 minutes.

Guest sith lord
Originally posted by jrockster77

The Beatles revolutionized the music scene; one of the greatest bands of all time. Awesome.

The Beatles didn't revolutionized nothing. They stole from artist before them.

Archived