Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I don't get..."

Spaceman Spiff

Originally posted by RonJeremy

oh yeah!....also the Grateful Dead and M*A*S*H...:confused:

How do you make a sit-com about the Vietnam War? :doh:

M*A*S*H* was a sit-com about the Korean War, not the Vietnam war. Regardless your point is still valid. I thought the first few seasons were good, but I'm not sure why it went on as long as it did.

Edit: Oh, BTW, I feel the same way about the Grateful Dead, however I did gain some understanding by attending a Grateful Dead show extremely stoned. When straight though, I have no desire to listen to any Grateful Dead.

Originally posted by rictus58

I don't get why The only Eagles song I hear on the radio is Hotel California.

The Eagles have about 5-7 songs in heavy rotation on any classic rock station; you may just not realize that they are Eagles songs. Hotel California is their "signature song," so that's what people think of when they think Eagles (that and zero superbowls :) ).

Take It Easy

Witchy Woman

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Hotel California

Desperado

Lyin' Eyes

Take it to the Limit

Life in the Fast Lane

Heartache Tonight

I personally dig the Eagles....but that's just me.

Originally posted by China

M*A*S*H* was a sit-com about the Korean War, not the Vietnam war. Regardless your point is still valid. I thought the first few seasons were good, but I'm not sure why it went on as long as it did.

oops!

But, you know what else bugs me about that show...the theme song is titled "Suicide is Painless"...NICE! :doh:

Seinfeld - Just stupid.

Late Beatles - Too many drugs, not enough music

Jimi Hendricks - Noise maker, not the greatest guitar player ever. Not even close.

Reality television - I don't live in a trailer.

The French - Need I say more?

Rap/hip hop - Does anyone sing anymore?

Soccer/Tennis/Hockey - They are just not football!

oops!

But, you know what else bugs me about that show...the theme song is titled "Suicide is Painless"...NICE! :doh:

Yeah, well it originates from the movie which includes a suicide scene, so it makes some sense when you think of the origin.

Guest sith lord
Originally posted by jrockster77

Well if you want to get technical, everybody stole from somebody going back to African tribal music! Its how you twist it that counts.

We're not talking about African tribal times, we're talking about modern day. And the Beatles get waaaaay more credit than any other musicians. Credit they don't deserve I might add.

You obviously only "listen" to Jimi, you don't "hear" Jimi!...:D

btw- Hendrix

Its hard to appreciate an artist that you don't listen to enough to know the correct spelling of his last name! :laugh:

We may never see another guitarist with the skills of Hendrix. The man could absolutely set it on fire. I think that he gets a lot of his credit for his live performances, something that most young folk (myself included) are deprived of.

Its hard to appreciate an artist that you don't listen to enough to know the correct spelling of his last name! :laugh:

We may never see another guitarist with the skills of Hendrix. The man could absolutely set it on fire. I think that he gets a lot of his credit for his live performances, something that most young folk (myself included) are deprived of.

Exactly! For the doubters about Hendrix's ability...listen to a song called "Red House"....:cool:

I have to admit, learning how to correctly spell his last name is far down on my list of things to do.:D

But I don't get him or the people that admire his play. Noise maker.

Originally posted by sith lord

We're not talking about African tribal times, we're talking about modern day. And the Beatles get waaaaay more credit than any other musicians. Credit they don't deserve I might add.

You may be right though...i happen to remember elvis, buddy holly and Cream all used Sitars. :doh:

Originally posted by sith lord

Well, if you look at the staggering success of the Beatles, its kind of hard to argue that they did not revolutionize pop music. I mean, the term "The Beatles" doesn't only refer to the band anymore, it refers to an entire era/culture/way of life. There are only a few bands that have experienced the type of success the Beatles did. Michael Jackson springs to mind immediately, and possibly Led Zeppelin.

In terms of technical ability, he has been eclipsed time and time again. In terms of what he did for Rock and the electric guitar, though... the only guitar player who has come close to that kind of explosion is Eddie Van Halen and there hasn't been anyone in the same galaxy since then.

Les Paul

Hendrix

EVH

Les Paul is the innovator, second to none, especially from a gear and recording standpoint. Maybe there will be another one day, but no one else is even close or has been since EVH. Hendrix and EVH also had something other Rock guitar icons didn't have: great rhythm chops.

Nick

We may never see another guitarist with the skills of Hendrix. The man could absolutely set it on fire.

We have. Stevie Ray Vaughn and Eddie Van Halen. although I agree, we are deprived of ever seeing a show like the one jimi put on in his day.

:(

Exactly! For the doubters about Hendrix's ability...listen to a song called "Red House"....:cool:

One of my favorites of all time;

I think what makes him so spectacular is that he could rip out a completely different rendition of any of his songs at any given time. Which was why seeing him live was so amazing. You just never knew what he was going to do.

That and he could go from a pure rock song like "Purple Haze" to a pure Blues song like "Red House" without skipping a beat. Or he could turn "Purple Haze" into a blues song and vice versa, with minimal effort.

To be honest, I can't understand why people don't appreciate Hendrix...

Originally posted by ntotoro

In terms of technical ability, he has been eclipsed time and time again. In terms of what he did for Rock and the electric guitar, though... the only guitar player who has come close to that kind of explosion is Eddie Van Halen and there hasn't been anyone in the same galaxy since then.

Les Paul

Hendrix

EVH

Les Paul is the innovator, second to none, especially from a gear and recording standpoint. Maybe there will be another one day, but no one else is even close or has been since EVH. Hendrix and EVH also had something other Rock guitar icons didn't have: great rhythm chops.

Nick

Totally agree. Hendrix took guitar playing to another level, until EVH, he blew that level away. That's not taking anything from Jimi, but EVH enspired a generation of guitar players to learn a new technique in guitar playing.

Archived