Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I don't get..."

Spaceman Spiff

The Grateful Dead.

Sorry, but I just don't get it. Jerry Garcia can't sing, he can't play an entire solo without hitting a sour note at least once, his guitar always sounds so FLAT to me.

and whenever i say, "you know, i really don't like the Dead" I get nothing but "Oh, dude,, you have to go see the Dead to appreciate it..."

Well, I have been, and here's what happened. I had fun. I tripped, I laughed, and I had a good old time on some acid.

But god the music fu*king SUCKED.

And whenever i'm with one of my Deahead friends and they play one of the few songs of their I like, they go "SEE! I told you you'd like em if you gave em a chance!":

Well, yeah, i like a song or three,, and after 40 years of making music, I would HOPE they could come up with more than that.

And while I'm at it, I don't get entrance doors and fireworks on the field at sporting events.

I like the players to come out of the tunnel, and that is that,, if they are to be introduced, fine, leave the pyrotechnics out, In context of a stadium, the fireworks and smoke machines always look small and ridiculous.

~Bang

Guest sith lord
Originally posted by Gichin13

um, who?

Song writers: Holland-Dozier-Holland of Motown

Singers: Marvin Gaye, Sam Cook, Levi Stubbs and The Temptations just to name a few.

I actually liked the Wings better than the Beatles.

Originally posted by flyingtiger1013

I have to admit, learning how to correctly spell his last name is far down on my list of things to do.:D

But I don't get him or the people that admire his play. Noise maker.

smoke a joint

Originally posted by PokerPacker

i have been on a reality tv boycott since Joe Millionair. if everyone would stop watching that crap, they'd stop making it.

i've been on a reality boycott forever.

i watched one episode of survivor once, that's it. it should be on my list.

Pulp Fiction … it had good dialogue. But I just don’t get why everyone likes it so much. I saw it once and I was so upset that everyone had hyped this movie up. I don’t usually tell people this because it usually leads to an argument.

Originally posted by sith lord

Song writers: Holland-Dozier-Holland of Motown

Singers: Marvin Gaye, Sam Cook, Levi Stubbs and The Temptations just to name a few.

I actually liked the Wings better than the Beatles.

Now I know you are just baiting people into an argument.

WINGS!?!:puke:

Guest sith lord
Originally posted by rictus58

Now I know you are just baiting people into an argument.

WINGS!?!:puke:

Typical. Just because I'm not Beatle crazy, I don't know what I'm talking about. Trust me, all the singers I mentioned would of sung circles around Paul, John, George and Ringo. And to me, the Wings were better than the Beatles.

Typical. Just because I'm not Beatle crazy, I don't know what I'm talking about. Trust me, all the singers I mentioned would of sung circles around Paul, John, George and Ringo. And to me, the Wings were better than the Beatles.

Sung circles around them, yes. No doubt. Did the temptations play instruments? I'm not saying that motown artists didn't have talent, they did. But most of them didn't even write or play the music they sung along with. They just sang. Hell, I like Elvis, but he is a singer who didn't write or play in instrument very often. He was just one hell of a performer. For many of them, they are the equivilant of American Idol contestants.

If you don't like the Beatles thats fine. You don't have to. Just don't attempt to minimize their talent and their cultural impact.

The drummer in my band is a huge Wings fan too.

Music is all about taste, if you don't like the Beatles, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm not a Beatles die hard like some, but I recognize how they changed music forever. They are not the only ones to have done so, but IMO, that's one of the things that makes an artist exceptional, how they changed things and how many other musicians attempted to follow them.

Guest sith lord
Originally posted by rictus58

Sung circles around them, yes. No doubt. Did the temptations play instruments? I'm not saying that motown artists didn't have talent, they did. But most of them didn't even write or play the music they sung along with. They just sang. Hell, I like Elvis, but he is a singer who didn't write or play in instrument very often. He was just one hell of a performer. For many of them, they are the equivilant of American Idol contestants.

If you don't like the Beatles thats fine. You don't have to. Just don't attempt to minimize their talent and their cultural impact.

I never tried to minimize there talents, I just feel that they get way too much credit and praise. It's like, it's The Beatles and then everybody else. And you're right about the Motown artist in the 60's, they didn't write there own music. That came in the 70's.

Archived