Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I don't get..."

Spaceman Spiff

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

I don't get why people live in Tennessee...seriously, what is down there? ;)

cheap real estate. :laugh:

before anyone gets in a tizzy... that is what I was referring to. real estate prices...

Hmmm... I've got $500k to spend... should I go with the 6000 square foot custom home on a pristine mountain lake, or a 2 bedroom shack built in the 1950s? :)

Originally posted by zoony

I don't get why people live in the northeast. Honestly.

Really? I can see why people live in the South. But I love the Northeast. I think it's all about preference and where your family, friends, and comfortable living/work places are.

Originally posted by iheartskins

Really? I can see why people live in the South. But I love the Northeast. I think it's all about preference and where your family, friends, and comfortable living/work places are.

I love NY... it is my favorite city in the world... to visit though. ;)

Hmmm... I've got $500k to spend... should I go with the 6000 square foot custom home on a pristine mountain lake, or a 2 bedroom shack built in the 1950s? :)

Depends on whether you want to be within walking distance to all of your modern amenities and have professional working people as neighbors, or live 20 miles from "town" next to Farmer Joe who has his tobacco field cut to look like a checkerboard. :)

And before you get all defensive, zoony, I'm just busting your chops...a home in Tennessee actually sounds pretty appealing.

I love NY... it is my favorite city in the world... to visit though. ;)

I can understand that. Living here is a totally different experience than visiting. But where you live definitely can make or break your time here. You might like living in some of the neighborhoods that you don't get to see when you visit--but then again, it's not for everyone. :)

Depends on whether you want to be within walking distance to all of your modern amenities and have professional working people as neighbors, or live 20 miles from "town" next to Farmer Joe who has his tobacco field cut to look like a checkerboard. :)

:laugh:

pretty soon we'll have running water... I'm looking forward to it. :)

Actually, speaking of homes, my wife and I are thrilled. We just put a contract on a home on Friday. :cheers: We close September 15th, which should give the builder time to finish up and us time to sell our current home. That's the plan at least. :fingersx: Anyways here it is... we're very excited!!

Very nice place, zoony. I especially like the tennis ball green windows. :)

Yes... those were extra. :) Thanks man... we're very excited.

Congrats zoony, that's big news!

thanks iheart!

Originally posted by dviands

zoony, what's a pad like that run in tennesse, if u don't mind?

custom homes average about $100 / square foot of finished space. This home was a little bit more because of the neighborhood its in... but it is 2600 square feet. It will be the smallest house on the smallest lot (1 acre) in the subdivision...

custom homes average about $100 / square foot of finished space. This home was a little bit more because of the neighborhood its in... but it is 2600 square feet. It will be the smallest house on the smallest lot (1 acre) in the subdivision...

260k for 2600 sq ft. on an acre isn't bad at all. we can't get that here in WV. it'd be about 2200 sq ft on a 1/4 acre.

congrats.

i don't get why 99.9% of bank tellers are females.

don't get me wrong, i love the cute ladies serving me in the drive thru, but why is it this way?

\

Because money is green and they have smaller hands.

:(

Try to figure that one out.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

why? because why should it take over an hour when I can do the whole thing by hand in like 20 minutes?

Your dishwasher takes over an hour? Really? Every dishwasher I've ever owned only takes like 30 minutes; unless you have it set to dry the dishes as well.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

then that must be it, cause its always steaming hot whenever i open it.

Yeah...that's it then. Well, dishwasher is normally pretty hot when you open it, but the heat-dry could be making it worse. Turn that s**t off, and it should only take 25-30 minutes, then you just have to do a little towel-drying when you take out the dishes. Done. Plus you save money on your electricity bill by not using the totally unnecessary drying feature.

i don't get why 99.9% of bank tellers are females.

don't get me wrong, i love the cute ladies serving me in the drive thru, but why is it this way?

The job title alone should tell you why.

Tellers.

When I get home from work, my wife just can't wait to tell me all about her day. She is a teller.

:laugh:

Archived