Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Theisman believes that the Redskins can win 10-12 games...

flexxskins

Originally posted by flexxskins

Regardless of the site or Theisman... the new thread topic was simply a personal attempt at finding out just how many people here believe that those numbers are reachable.

P.S. You did'nt hijack at all

Well, I was unable to get the link to work for me, but as far as 10-12 games, nothing is impossible in today's NFL. I'd like to think the continuity of coaching will help, but some of the core of the team has been shaken up in the offseason, which may take time to overcome early on. I think 8-9 wins is probably more realistic coming off of a 4 win season.

I was and still am a JT fan. He was the starting QB when I first discovered this great game when it started being shown in England.

I think some of you guys are being far too harsh on him. It is his opinion, one that you may not agree with, but it is his. Would you prefer him to lie about it just for popularity?

I would love to see DG in the hall but it is a tough club to get into. If Art Monk struggles, I can see Darrell struggling too. And maybe there's just a touch of bias when talking about DG?

As for 10-12 wins - of course it's possible. If the Chargers can do it, with the talent we have, i know we can do it. We may need some luck and calls to go for us the way they went against us last year, but I'm confident of a winning record. On a website over here I'm predicting 8 or 9 wins so as not to sound ****y, but really I hope for at least 10.

Originally posted by The Dude

The Theisman/Green controversy is summed up in this thread.

Oh yea I remember that thread. I also chose not to make a snap judgement on someone based upon something I did not hear for myself and it apparently was a one word comment that did not get expended upon in the interview.

Plus I can't even tell if Theismann thought he should'nt or just would'nt get in off the top of his head.

I like Joe.

Originally posted by Chachie

Up to now, every Redskin or Redskin fan feels the Redskins will win 10-12 games every preseason. Theisman needs to shut up and wait, as do we all.

why?

this is the time of year when everyone is equal, an optimism should be high for the upcoming season

Originally posted by Chachie

Up to now, every Redskin or Redskin fan feels the Redskins will win 10-12 games every preseason. Theisman needs to shut up and wait, as do we all.

It's his job, he's a football commentator....he has to say SOMETHING. Im glad to see guys like JT with some optimism to balance out the Lenny P's and Peter Kings out there forcasting 2-3 wins IF Joe Gibbs gets his act together.

Theisman did lose a lot of credibility with the Green comments. Maybe he is trying to get back on the good side of Redskins fans, after all, OUR memories are HIS legacy. We'll, not my memories, but the older fans on this board.

Originally posted by TheLongshot

To be honest, Theisman is still a homer, and acts like it. He always seems to give the 'Skins the benefit of the doubt, and picks them when no one else will.

So I take his opinion with a grain of salt.

Jason

In that case you have to take most people's opinions on this site with a grain of salt.

Originally posted by BG

I may be one of the few die hard fans of Joe's left. I think he was right on point. Agreed with everything.

I hope they ditch fat a*s McGuire and keep Patrick and Joe for Monday night football. Just those two and ESPN's sideline reporters would be perfect in my book.

I'm with you. I'm still a huge Theismann fan. He was a huge part of our success. I'm sure he was mostly a system QB, but looking back at some of his games I have on tape the man was intense. You look in his eyes and he looked like he was on some sort of mission to destroy hell. The man played with major intensity and emotion.

As far as stabbing Green in the back. I don't see it as stabbing him in the back. Just merely his opinion which he is entitled to. Now if he had a vote and voted against Green I could agree with that statement.

Originally posted by bird_1972

Well, I was unable to get the link to work for me, but as far as 10-12 games, nothing is impossible in today's NFL. I'd like to think the continuity of coaching will help, but some of the core of the team has been shaken up in the offseason, which may take time to overcome early on. I think 8-9 wins is probably more realistic coming off of a 4 win season.

So what's realistic for a team that won 6 games?

Originally posted by PleaseBlitz

It's his job, he's a football commentator....he has to say SOMETHING. Im glad to see guys like JT with some optimism to balance out the Lenny P's and Peter Kings out there forcasting 2-3 wins IF Joe Gibbs gets his act together.

Theisman did lose a lot of credibility with the Green comments. Maybe he is trying to get back on the good side of Redskins fans, after all, OUR memories are HIS legacy. We'll, not my memories, but the older fans on this board.

Joe's legacy is a world title, an NFL MVP (last Redskin to do it by the way), a pro on the field and a leader. Some people's biased opinion about him has no bearing on his legacy.

If Joe did say DG does not belong in the HOF, that's his opinion that I disagree with but it does not effect my fond memories of the man who was the unquestioned leader of the Redskins for so many years.

Don't mean to hijack but I'll also go one step further, Joe Theismann was responsible for more wins by the Washington Redskins than Darrell Green simply because of the positions they play, so I just don't get people getting defensive about DG by attacking Joe. John Riggins has come out and said Joe Gibbs has lost it (WTEM) and yet no one seems to bash Riggins like Theismann. End Hijack.

As for this thread's subject, 10-12 is possible, Joe's a good homer but with the exception of a few teams, most fans could say that about their team this time of year.

Originally posted by authentic

no matter how many of you feel about Joe T., what he said on Skins.com regarding Coach Gibbs and the rest of the team made lots of sense.

agreed. I just watched the interview again... he is pretty much right about everything.

Including my personal favorite, QB play and it's importance in winning in the NFL.

In the words of James Carville,

It's the QB, stupid. :)

I like Joe and what he has done for the Skins. I find his commentary during Sunday Night Football to be a little bit bipolar, but overall I'm still a Theisman fan.

10-12 games why not? The media won't touch that because they got humiliated last season when they claimed with high confidence that Gibbs would restore this great franchise to glory during the 2004 campaign, an immediate impact. I think they don't wanna get near that again. At least Theisman is not backing away from his forecast like everyone else (Peter King and the entire ESPN crew).

I guess I may be in a minority here but I actually like Theisman as an ESPN commentator. I agree with what he has to say about the skins - a little optimistic maybe, but very possible. I am not aware of the rift that may exist betwen he and DG but I have always heard him compliment Gibbs. I am a Theisman fan and think he does a good job of representing the Skins.:logo:

http://www.extremeskins.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=games&file=details&id=993

december 13, 1992. theismann said the following day that there was no doubt that is was a forward pass by aikman, not a fumble...this after aikman admitted his arm was going forward when buck hit it.

if anyone thinks he's a homer, think again. sorry, dude lost me there. :rolleyes:

idiot.

edit- in the post article, aikman says he didnt think his arm was going forward, i recall differently :mad: then again, the articles say buck got a hand on the ball...i recall buck grabbing aikmans upper arm without touching the ball and the ball coming out as aikman recoiled. we'll need to see the videotape. :dallasuck

Archived