Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Theisman believes that the Redskins can win 10-12 games...

flexxskins

Originally posted by Chachie

Up to now, every Redskin or Redskin fan feels the Redskins will win 10-12 games every preseason. Theisman needs to shut up and wait, as do we all.

I will have to disagree with you in that every Redskins fan feels the Redskins will win 10-12 games. There are alot of fans that believe that it was a mistake in letting Smoot and Pierce go. There are others that believe that we did not address our more immediate needs in the draft. Although I am not one of them, there are plenty. As for all of us needing to "shut up and wait"...there is absolutely no reason why Theisman or Redskins fans should'nt be able to say what they think the season will be like. The question has been asked through out the league about every team, especially during this time of year. Besides, if we did'nt talk about what the upcoming season might bring, there would be alot less threads and replies here on this site.

Didnt listen to the interview. Dont like Theisman as a commentator, its the way he comes across. Agree with 10-12 wins minimum of 10 though. He always says the QB is the most important part and of course I think we would all agree on that for the most part.

I should have started a "do you like Joe Theisman as a commentator" thread:D . I was a huge Theisman fan when he played for our team. But as a commentator he tends to erk me and he seems to even erk his co-workers with the way he seems to go out of his way to disagree with everything that they say. I do however, have to give him his props on replay reviews...he is rarely wrong when it comes to those. There are two words that Joe says at least ten times a night during a game..."I LIKE". It's hallarious.

Originally posted by grego

http://www.extremeskins.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=games&file=details&id=993

december 13, 1992. theismann said the following day that there was no doubt that is was a forward pass by aikman, not a fumble...this after aikman admitted his arm was going forward when buck hit it.

if anyone thinks he's a homer, think again. sorry, dude lost me there. :rolleyes:

idiot.

edit- in the post article, aikman says he didnt think his arm was going forward, i recall differently :mad: then again, the articles say buck got a hand on the ball...i recall buck grabbing aikmans upper arm without touching the ball and the ball coming out as aikman recoiled. we'll need to see the videotape. :dallasuck

So Theismann's an idiot because you disagree with his opinion on one play? Good grief :rolleyes:

I have a lot of time for him for what he did for the team in the past. I was distraught when he broke his leg even though he was having a mare of a season.

I like what he brings to the booth too. He's always enthusiastic and is not afraid to disagree with the majority opinion. No reason to hate him for that.

I like his optimism for the new season and agree with what he says. We can win 10 games or more.

Originally posted by CrazyLikeAFox87

So Theismann's an idiot because you disagree with his opinion on one play? Good grief :rolleyes:

I have a lot of time for him for what he did for the team in the past. I was distraught when he broke his leg even though he was having a mare of a season.

I like what he brings to the booth too. He's always enthusiastic and is not afraid to disagree with the majority opinion. No reason to hate him for that.

I like his optimism for the new season and agree with what he says. We can win 10 games or more.

I agree, why is the man a idiot because he might have botched one play call? I will always be a Theisman fan for what he did for our team in the past. But as a commentator he is very irritating. He seems to go out of his way most of the time to disagree with the majority just to be different/controversial.

Originally posted by CrazyLikeAFox87

no. but did you see the play?

edit- i couldnt find this play on the net anywhere. just got a tape from a friend with the play on it. i can understand why joe, as a QB, insisted it was a forward pass.

joe has lots of opinions. i dont always agree with them. he's been accused by the media as well as players of loving the sound of his voice.

now, if he really believes DG doesnt belong in the hall, i stand by the idiot comment.... ;)

Originally posted by Chachie

Up to now, every Redskin or Redskin fan feels the Redskins will win 10-12 games every preseason. Theisman needs to shut up and wait, as do we all.

Took alot of heat for this one. Sorry about that everybody. :)

Archived