Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs cowboys for First Place in The NFC East

Spearfeather

Win loss win loss win ....uh oh.

Seriously, Dallas just put a beat down on a good Jags team.  Figures they would come out of their offensive slump just before playing Washington.  

If Washington wins this game maybe I will take this team seriously. But they need to prove to me they can string together more than ...1 game in a row.

In another thread someone mentioned that they were kind of happy Dallas won today because they didn't want the Skins to face a desparate Cowboys team next week.

I think next Sunday will be a hard-fought affair, but, looking ahead, the game I'm concerned about is the Giants up there. NY seems to be in a bit of turmoil and has to play at ATL next Monday, but can see them playing the game of their lives when we come to town. 

What I'm realizing here is that we are generally good against teams that don't have a lethal passing attack, which the Cowboys don't. We've started to tighten up against top RBs and I see us having a good game shutting down or, at least, limiting Elliott.

What I am curious to see, however, is how we fare vs their defense. We always struggle with their pass rush, whether they are well known names or randos. 

15 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

In another thread someone mentioned that they were kind of happy Dallas won today because they didn't want the Skins to face a desparate Cowboys team next week.

I think next Sunday will be a hard-fought affair, but, looking ahead, the game I'm concerned about is the Giants up there. NY seems to be in a bit of turmoil and has to play at ATL next Monday, but can see them playing the game of their lives when we come to town. 

I actually have that game penciled in as a loss already. Shaping up to be a terrible spot for us. But if we beat Dallas, losing at NYG wouldn’t be crushing. 

5 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Quick note about this game, it will air on CBS next week, NOT FOX as it normally does.  We have the “pleasure” of hearing Tony Romo call one of our games for the first time.

What??? I like Romo as a broadcaster, but a Skins/Cowboys game on CBS screams Summerall (RIP) and Madden!

I'll be there anyway, so won't hear the broadcast. 

Is it bad that I'm not even sure the Redskins will come to play? Redskins seem to have two modes: Dominant juggernaut and 90 pound weakling.

Come to think of it... I think we're Popeye only some weeks Bluto hides our spinach. Other weeks, we get that spinach charge in their first half, but it wears out in the second and we ain't smart enough to bring a second can.

2 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

The skins have three things going for them. They can jump on teams and hold on. They can beat “better” teams. They also learned from the panthers that good teams play for 60minutes. 

True, but they can't always count on FGs, eventually they'll come across a team that has that come-back ability.

I don't know if Dallas is that type of team but I'd rather not find out the hard way.

I watched bits and pieces of the Dallas game [ cheering like hell for the Jags ] and the refs sure helped the Cowboys a few times; hope they don't travel to DC.

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Is it bad that I'm not even sure the Redskins will come to play? Redskins seem to have two modes: Dominant juggernaut and 90 pound weakling.

Come to think of it... I think we're Popeye only some weeks Bluto hides our spinach. Other weeks, we get that spinach charge in their first half, but it wears out in the second and we ain't smart enough to bring a second can.

1st half :: -- can of spinach

2nd half :: -- can of whoop-ass

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Redskins.  17

Cowboys.  13

Skins win in oooovvverrrrrtiiiiiime...this is the prediction thread right?

um, I don't think so.

I don't wanna be hi-jacked!

Hell of a pic skinsfan1311!!!..

1 minute ago, kleese said:

This of course is a mathematically impossibility. 

Lol yep that was supposed to be 14 but I'm in the wrong thread..that hasn't even been created..abort..abort!! Lol. Hahaha what a win today..  #bruceallendrinkscoorslightandsodoi

Here's the thing about the Dallas *** whopping on the Jags: the ran the ball over 40 times and had 200 yards rushing.  If you can't stop their running game, they will embarrass you with it.  We've been stiffling run games all year, even really good ones.  If we do the same thing to Elliot, it is at minimum anyone's game. 

Being at home, that should favor us.  I'm still not sure what to make of Dallas defense yet, Jags didn't have Fournette today so that was about as pedestrian an offense as you can get, most of the teams they've beaten that was the case.  We both have top 10 defenses and rely on our running game for wins, about as evenly matched as I've seen us in a while, I expect it to be another classic (one I believe we come out the other end of).

My hope is that blowout gets to Dallas head when they come into see us.

Archived