Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FBI mysteriously closed Sunspot Observatory in NM for an undisclosed "security issue"

justice98

From the "something strange is going on" files is news that there's an observatory and surrounding area in New Mexico that mysteriously was evacuated and shut down, and the FBI quickly moved in and nobody knows why.  Blackhawks are flying around and folks are creeped out, cuz nobody's talking, but something definitely is going on. So folks were wondering if somebody saw something or who knows what. But there's a theory going around, that it's a national security situation. 

One theory I heard is that it's because the Chinese were spying on White Sands Missile Range tests from the observatory and there was a whole secret setup to do it. But who knows at this point.

So the gist is:

- No notice raid
- Blackhawk helicopter buzzing around 
- Tower crew on antenna
- Sheriff not briefed
- Site and surrounding area is a ghost town and has since been abandoned by FBI and all citizens since Sept 6.
- No official statements since

https://www.alamogordonews.com/story/community/2018/09/13/sunspot-observatory-remains-closed-unknown-security-risk-nmsu/1296835002/

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

One theory I heard is that it's because the Chinese were spying on White Sands Missile Range tests from the observatory and there was a whole secret setup to do it. But who knows at this point.

If the FBI is involved, it is entirely plausible.

1 hour ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Ariens

He's one of the best offensive minds in the NFL.

Other fun Bluce Ariens facts:

first white VT player to share a dorm room with a black player, James Barber (Tiki and Ronde's dad). 

had more rushing TDs in a season than Michael Vick

Since they cleared out the local residents, my guess is some foreign actor was doing something shady, maybe posing as a scientist and surreptitiously conducting an op on-site.

I've heard that some of the antennas are old and not in use, but are receiving power still.  Perhaps someone tampered with one to carry out some nefarious agenda.  Network security is probably garbage too.

36 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

He's one of the best offensive minds in the NFL.

Other fun Bluce Ariens facts:

first white VT player to share a dorm room with a black player, James Barber (Tiki and Ronde's dad). 

had more rushing TDs in a season than Michael Vick

"Hey James Barber, you're going to room with a white boy, okay? His last name is "Aryan" or something."

799183fcd8c374b6d3d0ea4c226d65da_w200.gi

From this, about 30 minutes ago: https://www.space.com/41834-national-solar-observatory-facility-closed-security-issue.html 

"A little more clarity could come soon: AURA Corporate Communications Coordinator Shari Lifson told Space.com that the organization will email out an update about the Sunspot situation sometime today (Sept. 14). We'll let you know what that update says."

44 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Since they cleared out the local residents, my guess is some foreign actor was doing something shady, maybe posing as a scientist and surreptitiously conducting an op on-site.

I've heard that some of the antennas are old and not in use, but are receiving power still.  Perhaps someone tampered with one to carry out some nefarious agenda.  Network security is probably garbage too.

Does it bother you that there is some serious, shady **** going on here and all the mongoloids in this thread are posting alien memes?

Archived