Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC Cancels "Rosanne" After Star's Racist Twitter Rampage - WP

Dan T.

Just now, Dan T. said:

Common sense and your dignity.

I do believe this is what the kids call "irony" (unless you, too, were being ironic than never mind)

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Let’s step away from her racist meltdown today. 

Roseanne has been spreading the nonsense QAnon conspiracy theory for months now. She also consistently retweets pizzagate nutters.

She is legitimately crazy and ABC has been ok with giving her a platform this whole time. 

Her show may have been cancelled but we have to come to grips with the fact that she has an audience for a reason. There are millions and millions of delusional people like her in this country. 

This is the truth. We really didn't need a reboot of Rosanne, just as we didn't really need a reboot of Full House (though for vastly different reasons). 

As @PleaseBlitz mentioned, I feel bad for the rank and file folks just trying to earn a dollar but the closer I get to Rosanne Barr, the more my sympathy meter drops to zero.

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

weren't ratings falling?

i bet abc execs were like hell yeah reason to dump it

(unless they weren't falling...)

It's relative, they started off sky high, then came back to earth when the hype died down.  So falling from a place that wasnt real to begin with.

Just now, Hooper said:

I'll take that bet. 

She's radioactive. 

It hasnt even been 24 hours.  This has literally been going on only since I've been at work today.  She'll be radioactive for a little while, but let the heat die down first.

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Please explain.  ABC cancelled "Rosanne."  ABC is a Disney-owned property.  How does Fox fit there?

Disney made a deal to acquire FOX in December and completed it in March. (This did not include Foxnews).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/12/14/disney-buys-much-of-fox-in-mega-merger-that-will-shake-world-of-entertainment-and-media/?utm_term=.db05af8d61db

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Yes, my understanding is that ABC is a Disney property and Fox is, obviously, a 21st Century Fox property.  

Fox is still being sold and there is going to be a nice bidding war for it. Disney will probably end up with it tho because they print money 

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Disney made a deal to acquire FOX in December and completed it in March.

This isn’t finalized 

Archived