Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could have a few cars...

Spaceman Spiff

For nostalgic purposes? 1974 VW Beetle.  Car my mom had when I was a little boy, and the first car I can vividly remember. Vinyl seats that melted your skin in summer and gave you frostbite in winter. When it rained, puddles sloshing around on the floor. Heat was off the engine, AC was 2x55.

Image result for 1974 vw beetle

If money was no object, and being a car enthusiast, I present to you:

Daily Driver: Audi RS7

maxresdefault.jpg

Supercar: Porsche 911 Turbo S

Porsche-911-Turbo-S-Launch-2.jpg

Retro Muscle: 1967 Mustang GT500 "Eleanor"

eleanor-mustang-fusion-motor-1.jpg?q=75&

Long Distance Grand Tourer: Aston Martin Vanquish

aston-martin-vanquish-s.jpg?sha=efcb35a1

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Absolute first car that came to mind:

1983 Porsche 911 Cabriolet. I learned to drive on one of these, my HS girlfriend's father had one, and he taught both of us to drive on it. (I was as close to her and her family as I was to mine...)  Then he gave it to her as her 16th birthday present. I got to drive it often for a number of years until they moved away and we broke up.  I liked him.  Loved her.  I missed both the girl and the car for the better part of the next decade, and remained single for most of it.  

I bought a used Boxter in the mid-2000's, but it just wasn't the same. Sold it a year later.  The 911 was just fantastic in every way.  

Ive got a 78 Targa, make me an offer

Mahle 3.2 conversion, will scream

15 minutes ago, twa said:

54 Sunbeam Alpine...any of you remember them?

My father in law bought one of ebay.  It arrived in boxes, he put it together.  (He is a mechanical engineer)

He also had a Tiger,  i know there is a lot of nostalgia about that car, but i can tell you that those cars were enormous plles of unsafe ****.  Seriously they are the definition of a bucket of bolts.  His was mint, too.  And if you are over 5 feet 3 inches tall, forget about it.

Just now, zoony said:

My father in law bought one of ebay.  It arrived in boxes, he put it together.  (He is a mechanical engineer)

He also had a Tiger,  i know there is a lot of nostalgia about that car, but i can tell you that those cars were enormous pipes of unsafe ****.  And if you are over 5 feet 3 inches tall, forget about it.

40 years ago a customer brought in a Sunbeam....I'm like ya got a what?

Just now, pjfootballer said:

Never was a sports car guy. I like some of the old muscle cars, but I love my truck. Even if I won the lottery, I’d keep my truck.

Long as it ain't a damn Jeep.

5 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS:Large Picture of '85 Monte Carlo SS - MU7M

I wish I still had this car but I got about 130,000 out of it until it really started to just cost too much to get it to pass inspection 

Wasn't much in the snow being rear wheel drive and no antilock brakes 

But yea I really miss it

Had a 76 Monte Carlo also was my first car

Just now, pjfootballer said:

2017 Chevy Colorado extra cab 4x4 Z71 midnight black (paint and trim).

Aren't those Mitsubishi's or something?....still better than a Jeep.

Just now, Springfield said:

Im jaded.

Give it 20 or 30 yrs. I should get a medal for not killing some of my customers.

I love cars. I've had 26 in 18 years, once I got married really toned it down. If money was no object. 

1973 Hemi Cuda Convertible

IMG_1932.JPG.ceae3941ea93b018171b6b6a796fb41f.JPG

1955 Mercedes Gullwing 

IMG_1933.JPG.189edc13432215c0798415970d2d84f3.JPG

2005 Mercedes E55 AMG Station Wagon - fun fact this is the rarest car Mercedes makes, in 2005 roughly 100 wagons were sold in the US over 300 SLR McLarens were sold in the same year.

IMG_1934.JPG.be99b01933397e440bf7f60734ebc729.JPG

I’m researching my next one and I’m leaning towards a 2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat. Do you need 700hp? Of course not but for 45k it’s the best bang for the buck you can buy and man it would be fun. 

Archived